Sign in to follow this  
Sandy

Hogwarts Mafia: Hog's Head

Are we allowed to use the photos in discussion? As in can I say "look at blah blah in the first photo"? Or should we use different wording instead of photo?

Are we allowed to use the photos in discussion? As in can I say "look at blah blah in the first photo"? Or should we use different wording instead of photo?

Well, the characters themselves didn't actually see the situation (or any photos of it), but I don't really mind if you talk about them if you want to. Just try to remain in-character as much as possible, for optimal pleasure of playing for everyone. :wink:

Okay, it looks like Canada is sucking in all my players, since both Dragonator and JimButcher are currently there, but since I've been informed of their absence, I'll let them join us when they get back (if it's alright with the rest of you players).

Yes, and I have to express my deepest apologies for not mentioning it before. This game completely slipped my mind before I left. I'll spend some quality time catching up on the conversations, rules, etc.

Thanks so much for your graciousness. default_satisfied.gif

Sandy, I'm sorry for telling you this a bit late, but I'm going to be visiting Los Angeles, California for the weekend for my grandpa's birthday. There's a big chance that I'll have internet access while I'm there, though.

I'm sorry for any inconveniences I may have caused!

I'm sorry, Sandy, I wish I could've predicted the future just like my charachter, but I'm afraid I'm gonna have to resign. I just don't have the time anymore.

Please give my role to someone who deserves it and will do good.

Thank you for even picking me in the first place, though. :D

I'm sorry, Sandy, I wish I could've predicted the future just like my charachter, but I'm afraid I'm gonna have to resign. I just don't have the time anymore.

It seems all my emphasis on "don't sign up unless you have time to play" didn't work after all. :tongue: Oh well, these things happen, and we luckily have reserves for this type of occasions.

Er... Sandy? What's the rule on Metagaming for this game? I notice quite a few people doing it.

I assume metagaming is using information from outside the game itself? ...Well, it's a game based on the universe of Harry Potter, so I think we may use all the information (or almost all the things we would know as outsiders 20 years laters) written in the books. I think we could image well that, 20 years after the defeat of Voldemort, we all heard the many stories of how Harry (and the gang) defeated him and what happened during his years at Hogwarts. I'm pretty sure we all heard things which happened 20 years ago, just because you heard someone telling it you. Oh, and I'm also pretty sure the rise and defeat of Lord Voldemort would be subject in History of Magic! :tongue:

I assume metagaming is using information from outside the game itself? *snip*

Metagaming is when people are like "Oh I read this book/watched this movie (Prohibition, dystopia, infection, etc.)They were in the same type of situation"

Metagaming is when people are like "Oh I read this book/watched this movie (Prohibition, dystopia, infection, etc.)They were in the same type of situation"

Oh, then I got it very wrong. Excuse me! :blush: I don't find it bad people refer to those, but we should keep in mind this Hogwarts mafia is very different from the other ones.

Learning from the past is the only way that humans can know what to do. I think metagaming more refers to the targetting of an individual. Such as if I were to say "Hinckley acted like this in Prohibition, and he was scum then, so he must be scum now", well, that would be metagaming. Saying general situations that occured in previous games is more allowed. But, I also may be wrong. I think we need to wait for Sandy's thoughts on the matter...

Learning from the past is the only way that humans can know what to do. I think metagaming more refers to the targetting of an individual. Such as if I were to say "Hinckley acted like this in Prohibition, and he was scum then, so he must be scum now", well, that would be metagaming. Saying general situations that occured in previous games is more allowed. But, I also may be wrong. I think we need to wait for Sandy's thoughts on the matter...

I'm fairly confident you're correct. Metagaming is saying "he hasn't been scum in three games so he must be now!" or as Zepher put it, "Hinckley acted like this in Prohibition, and he was scum then, so he must be scum now".

Metagaming is not against the rules of this game, but please remain in-character and in-universe. Referring to past Mafia games as books the character has read is alright, for example.

Day One has now ended without conviction, and you can start sending in your night actions. Since this is the first night of this game, and practically everybody has night actions, I'm unsure how long it will take to receive all the actions, process them, take photographs and post the next Day-topic, so I ask for your patience.

Oh, and iamded has replaced Striker in the role of Tea Ching. Glad you could join us!

Also, the conclusion to Day One has now been posted. Could a moderator please close that topic?

Thanks, Stash!

Oh, and a notice to the players: if you aren't going to use any night actions, please let me know that as well. At this moment I'm still missing night actions from eight players, so please keep them coming! :wink:

Edit: still missing a PM about night actions from a few players. If you don't send them in 24 hours from now, I'll take that as a sign of not wanting to use a night action.

I have now sent the results of each night action to the people who used them. Day 2 will begin shortly, and then you will all see the full scale of the chaos that ensued on Night 1. :wink:

Day 2 will begin shortly, and then you will all see the full scale of the chaos that ensued on Night 1. :wink:

Now you made me curious. Excellent work on the scenery by the way, it's worthwhile for the builds alone to follow the game.

I have now sent the results of each night action to the people who used them. Day 2 will begin shortly, and then you will all see the full scale of the chaos that ensued on Night 1. :wink:

Wow! Much faster than I expected.

May I offer a word of advice? Saying things like "see the full scale of the chaos that ensued on Night 1", can get me to a dangerous level of excitement. Now if you'll excuse me, there's a stabbing pain in my left arm!

Great news Sandy, thanks for stepping it up with this game, I can't wait to see what happened during the night.

I'm really curious what happened tonight! But take your time Sandy, as the photograps were very good and should be kept like that. :thumbup:

Ugh, great. Killed already.

Ah well it was fun while it lasted, and I'm glad I got to play. Thanks Sandy, and good luck to everyone else playing. :classic:

Jimbee and Oky, it was a pleasure having you in this game, so thank you. Sorry you two had to be the first ones to go, but somebody's always the first no matter what.

Oh yeah, in case you haven't noticed, Day Two is now up. :wink:

Out of the forest came a giant three-headed dog, a descendant of the guardian of the Chamber of Secrets.

I think you mean the guardian of the third floor corridor, my dear Sandy.