Sign in to follow this  
GRogall

New Lego Architecture 21006 The White House

I have the first wave. Haven't got the FLW sets yet, but, they are on my "to get" list. This is a must for me. I love the series. But, I would love a World Trade Center set. Not sure if Lego would to it after 911, but, I think it would nice to see.

Jamie

Nice, but it'll probably be some outrageous exorbitant price.

But seriously, what LEGO Architecture really needs to make is the Sydney Opera House.

The set is most likely $80 for gods know what reason. That's the problem with the whole wave, just way too overpriced.

It's kind of funny with these threads sometimes. We all just write and don't always read what's allready been said.

For example, a couple of posts up is one reason why the Architecture sets are more expensive.

And regarding the Fallingwater, there's an awful lot of tan plates in there, so you get a least some value for your money (but I'm not saying it's not expensive).

But seriously, what LEGO Architecture really needs to make is the Sydney Opera House.

Now we're talking. Or any building outside the US for a change.

Very nice! The only thing I'd suggest as an improvement would be a red or blue flag instead of white. :thumbup:

Would you really think it's a good choice to have red flag on top of the white house?? :laugh: Think of that again. :wink:

No but seriously, I'm not to fond of this one.
Awesome! This is the best one yet. I must admit that I haven't purchased any of the Architecture sets, but will plan on buying this one.

There are certain design flaws (like the mentioned lightsaber blades) where I think TLC could have done better at some points, but all in all this is the first architecture set I want to buy.

Now go abroad the U.S. please! (and the architecture line will never stop :classic: )

It is really a good model, and, if possible, I'll buy it, but as mentioned there are way more real architectural buildings. Just like jmadd58 said, the Sydney Opera House, the Kremlin, Palace of Prague. Thát's architecture. Or would that be to complicated.

And I also want to say, like a few other's already did, let them make buldings from outside the USA.

They can do it. Look at the Eiffeltower and the Taj Mahal, they're also from other country's.

And maybe it sounds strange, but can't they make a few bridges.

Add HR picture to the first page.

Enjoy! :classic: :classic: :classic:

This set intrigues me! I live practicly down the street from the White House so i'm wondering when their gift shop will start selling this :laugh: Maybe it's just me though, but their seems to be something off about the proportions in this set. It's a really great set but there is something off about it, for me at least.

First page updated with price and info......

Another nice picture of the set!

Architect-2.jpg

Guess where it was standing?

Edited by grogall

Another nice picture of the set!

I saw the set at the LEGO store the other day and passed... it's the first one I've passed on. First, I also don't understand why the Whitehouse, but I'm American so it doesn't bother me, but the set (including the pictures in this thread) show the front being squared, not rounded like this picture posted by grogall. What am I missing? One of the reasons I passed was because I was like "they couldn't even figure out a rounded front?"

I saw the set at the LEGO store the other day and passed... it's the first one I've passed on. First, I also don't understand why the Whitehouse, but I'm American so it doesn't bother me, but the set (including the pictures in this thread) show the front being squared, not rounded like this picture posted by grogall. What am I missing? One of the reasons I passed was because I was like "they couldn't even figure out a rounded front?"

I just looked at the pictures at S@H, one side is round the other is square. So the back must be squared and the front is round.

The front of the White House is square.

There was always that something bothered me about this set and it was that it was missing the second row of windows that gave the white house extra width, I did a mini moc on this set by buying two sets and merging them together, now it looks a bit blocky but somewhat close so who knows, what do you guys think?

V0KuUuHH.jpg oTV73btx.jpg lO5ltI3Z.jpg KrwXO4Uy.jpg