Zerobricks

[KEY TOPIC] LDD 3 bugs and brick errors

I was able to get the two orange ones to fit together, though I don't remember how. If you look at my comic with Paul Watson stealing the Bat Boat, the Bat Boat is actually an agents boat with those two pieces needing to fit next to each other. LXF file

http://www.brickshelf.com/gallery/o0Randal0o/LDD-LXFs/4551539sidebyside.png

Thank you so much for that! :sweet:

-Toa Of Justice

Edited by Toa_Of_Justice

A couple parts my brother and I have encountered:

• A wizard like Majisto cannot wear a hat and a beard at the same time, unless his head is lifted higher than is normal.
  • Old-style macaroni bricks cannot be placed at 45-degree angles to each other like they are here in set 6414 Dolphin Point.

A couple parts my brother and I have encountered:

• A wizard like Majisto cannot wear a hat and a beard at the same time, unless his head is lifted higher than is normal.
  • Old-style macaroni bricks cannot be placed at 45-degree angles to each other like they are here in set 6414 Dolphin Point.

For the first one, I believe it's the same way with a real wizard minifigure, since the beard occupies some neck space.

For the second one, I would just connect the macaroni bricks on top of each other normally--there isn't much difference in appearance, IMHO:

dp_lighthouse_test.png

LXF File

I'm sure the original method would have provided greater stability, but in LDD's gravity-free environment, stability doesn't matter as much as it does in the real world.

-Toa Of Justice

For the first one, I believe it's the same way with a real wizard minifigure, since the beard occupies some neck space.

For the second one, I would just connect the macaroni bricks on top of each other normally--there isn't much difference in appearance, IMHO:

dp_lighthouse_test.png

LXF File

I'm sure the original method would have provided greater stability, but in LDD's gravity-free environment, stability doesn't matter as much as it does in the real world.

-Toa Of Justice

I understand that doing it normally would work; it's just that my brother and I are kind of OCD about building sets according to the instructions. Besides, it's not like building that set is a necessity for us, but he was just concerned that if it was a legal connection (and we're not sure that it is), then it should be made possible.

I understand that doing it normally would work; it's just that my brother and I are kind of OCD about building sets according to the instructions. Besides, it's not like building that set is a necessity for us, but he was just concerned that if it was a legal connection (and we're not sure that it is), then it should be made possible.

Regarding legal or not, yes, this building principle was allowed many years ago, but is not any longer. One way to come to this conclusion is to look at the underside of the new macaroni brick with the bracing, as this will not allow "half-placement". One of the reasons the building technique is no longer approved is because there is no distinct placement experience. If you can slide bricks on studs, then you have ambiguity, and that's generally a no-no.

However, there is a work-around in LDD. You don't get 45 degree off-set, but at least it's something (download LXF below).

Macaroni-Cirkel.jpg

Macaroni-cirkel-test.zip

Sorry, but someone here posted an unsafe link to a picture on public.bay.livefilestore acording to avast.

Back to topic.

Sorry, but someone here posted an unsafe link to a picture on public.bay.livefilestore acording to avast.

Back to topic.

Que?

Here's a major error. this part has no tubes on its underside. It should have tubes like a regular 2x4 brick.

Back to topic.

Que?

I hate to jump into this topic (Which might I add by the way, is starting to become a very useful resource.) for the sake of saying this, but:

@ Superkalle: I think Zblj was worried about your linked picture URL (http://ie6nqg.bay.livefilestore.com/y1prsRRZmgvdkWhceZcKPbrxELVmpbhAKIP2tS38WCjSD_8OTnyRg6yZBw5E45g32Rv9pWCsAg_w96o3Tg1z5mucqzE1u2hzS0U/Macaroni-Cirkel.jpg) for the macaroni work around post. It seems that according to his anti-virus program (Avast!) is showing the link to be unsafe.

@ Zblj: I wouldn't worry too much about the integrity of Superkalle's linked picture. It checks out that the linked picture is from his Microsoft SkyDrive account according to WhoIs DomainTools. Unless there is some error in my research, I don't think there's too much to worry about...

Or unless Superkalle and Microsoft have an evil secret plan to infect LDD readers on EB, I think we can rest assured that the integrity of this forum is safe and we can continue discussion of these errors, bugs, and workarounds.

But then again, on second thought....default_tong.gif

Here's an error my brother discovered. You know this train part and the windshield that accompanies it? On LDD they're two parts of the same piece, which isn't a problem in itself, except that unlike many pieces where that is the case, you can't paint the two sections (windshield and cab) separate colors.

Here's a major error. this part has no tubes on its underside. It should have tubes like a regular 2x4 brick.

Here's an error my brother discovered. You know this train part and the windshield that accompanies it? On LDD they're two parts of the same piece, which isn't a problem in itself, except that unlike many pieces where that is the case, you can't paint the two sections (windshield and cab) separate colors.

Well spotted.

About the workaround for the macaroni-brick that I did. Anything you and your brother could use?

Well spotted.

About the workaround for the macaroni-brick that I did. Anything you and your brother could use?

I don't think so-- I know I'm kind of OCD about this, and there's other unavailable bricks in that set. Plus, the printed baseplate doesn't exist, so the set would look atrocious and incomplete even if it did have all the other parts and building techniques available.

EDIT: Yet another error: You can't fit two of these pieces back-to-back.

Edited by Aanchir

I was trying to build 7046, and I found that part #2622 Boat Bow Brick 8 x 10 x 1 doesn't connect to plates from the bottom.

2622.gif?0

I noticed as I was building #850-1 Fork Lift in LDD today that there seemed to be a glitch between the connection of two plates as well as a gear related issue.

While the program denotes that the 2x8 Technic plate and the 2x3 plate are indeed connected, there obviously is a gap between the two plates:

connectionglitch1.png

It even shows the studs disappearing upon snapping the plate into place (but I assume this occurs in a normal connection anyway):

connectionglitch3.png

Ultimately, the reason why the 2x8 Technic plate can't go in all the way is because the crown gear won't go down enough to touch the normal 24 teeth gear:

gearglitch.png

I noticed as I was building #850-1 Fork Lift in LDD today that there seemed to be a glitch between the connection of two plates as well as a gear related issue.

Hm, interesting problem!

Can you link to a LXF-file with the bricks, so it's easier to get the full picture of what you mean.

Just a minor error here: this piece has closed studs in LDD instead of open ones. I do not think a closed-stud version of the piece ever existed.

Another one... It seems the bushes and elements that have simillar shape dont allow 24 tooth gears to fit by them, even though they do IRL.

After bit of rotating of gears, the end result is, that some DO fit, and some dont.

bug4.png

As I was reading through the topic on the new city transport set and if it would be possible to motorise it, I thought why not check it out in ldd and see for myself.

But I ran into a problem with the windshield in the front and back. It cannot be attached in place. There seems to be an invisible much bigger outline which prevents me from moving it closer to the curved stones.

The much bigger windshield in the lxf file does attach properly just for demonstration purpose.

lxf file

8404_ldd_error.png

Don't know if this has been posted yet, because I'm too lazy to read all 7 pages :blush: , but if you put barding onto the horse, a minifig will only sit on the horse facing backwards. :wacko:

Don't know if this has been posted yet, because I'm too lazy to read all 7 pages :blush: , but if you put barding onto the horse, a minifig will only sit on the horse facing backwards. :wacko:

It's because minifig's toes are too long

As I was reading through the topic on the new city transport set and if it would be possible to motorise it, I thought why not check it out in ldd and see for myself.

Yes, this problem has been noted earlier, and an error report has been sent to Lego. From what I was told, this particular error has been fixed for the next release in September, so we'll just have to wait. :classic:

Yes, this problem has been noted earlier, and an error report has been sent to Lego. From what I was told, this particular error has been fixed for the next release in September, so we'll just have to wait. :classic:

Finaly I found the post you mentioned where the error was reported, I must have been reading over it.

Anyway it's good that TLG is using our input to enhance the program.

Well, Prateek has a point that is it a known fault that the feet are too long, but in this case it seems to be a different error since the studs are symetrical on the horse, and it does seem odd that you cannot place the minifig forward. I'll report this to Lego and we'll see what happens.