Sign in to follow this  
Brickdoctor

[MOC] AT-RT

gallery_101_23_281.gif

On MOCpages, I'm well known as the AT-RT addict. Quite literally, after posting 5 versions, they're sick of me. :sick: It's unfortunate, because this walker is among if it isn't the best on the 'Net, if I do say so myself. :blush:

1273033940m_DISPLAY.jpg

The model is fully articulated - if the one in the movie(s) can do it, so can this one. Running, walking, jumping - maybe not jumping. On foot has to stay on the ground. It's not exactly strong enough to stand on one foot, either. :wink: My favorite part, personally, was the printed tiles. I used the Dagobah Bedroll 1x2 tile instead of a backpack element, because the color scheme matched better; and I use the 1x1 tile from the nose of the Mini Snowspeeder to add detail on the armor. In addition, I used 6 sand green hands, 2 black hands, 2 dark bley droid torsos, and 2 Rotta the Hutt arms in this MOC, not including the trooper riding on it.

I never planned to annoy everyone with another AT-RT, but once I acquired the Kashyyyk Trooper, I wanted to redo the v.4 in sand green. One thing led to another, and...

Finished May 2010, see more on MOCpages.

C&C welcome.

it looks really cool accept it looks a little skinny from the front and the legs look a little much

its still really good

This is kick megablocks. I really like the greebling and small details. Also how skinny the legs are I'm not sure why I think it and so much to it but it makes it look better in my opinion.

Also how skinny the legs are I'm not sure why I think it and so much to it but it makes it look better in my opinion.

My thought's exactly. What most people don't realize is that they're so used to seeing the blocky look of LEGO's official AT-RT (from '05) with its clicky hinges that they never notice that the 'real' AT-RT is a lanky walker with a small profile.

Again 'Brickdoctor' you bring us another AWESOME MOC ! :vader:

Great details and is the knee/ankle joints strong enough ?

Keep on MOC'ing 'Brickdoctor' and I'm a conformist! ! :sweet:

1 thing I don't like are the 2 green hands ?

It adds the proper shape to the angle and adds color. TLG doesn't make a 2x2 45-degree angle plate, so I improvised.

is the knee/ankle joints strong enough ?

For my purposes. You'd need a stand to perform things like animation.

That's a great looking AT-RT 'brickdoctor'. The design is very-well thought off and very much closely resembles the AT-RT from ROTS. Like you, i'm also into AT-RTs (but mine is more on the Clone Wars-type), I have 'studied' various AT-RT designs and I must say you really nailed the overall design, it's perfect. pirate_thumbup.gif Just a question, is the AT-RT stable? The skinny (realistic) legs seem to be unstable.

Just a question, is the AT-RT stable? The skinny (realistic) legs seem to be unstable.

Two feet, yes. One foot, no. AT-RTs don't do ballet or gymnastics. :tongue: