Sign in to follow this  
RepublicForces

Showdown at Maryx Minor (updated version)

Hello EB, and here is my entry! (The edited version) :vader:

Just some time before the Battle of Yavin, Darth vader found one of the remaining jedi that survived order 66.

Darth sidious ordered darth vader to eliminate this jedi.

And so Darth vader went to Maryx Minor to take down this jedi...

Picture 1

contest_v2_001.jpg

Picture 2

contest_v2_002.jpg

Picture 3

contest_v2_003.jpg

Picture 4

contest_v2_004.jpg

Picture 5 Prove that it's 16x16 vignette

contest.jpg

Thats it!

I hope you enjoyed! C&C Welcome!!!

Nice entry.

You might consider redoing some of the pics - there's still more than plenty of time left before the deadline.

Nice entry.

You might consider redoing some of the pics - there's still more than plenty of time left before the deadline.

Thanks you like it!

I might retake some of the pictures. (When I have some time :classic: )

Edited by RepublicForces

Nice job! That lava is really cool. That Jedi better watch out for that ledge :thumbup:

Nice job, I would too retake the bluegrass pics, since time permits.

Great job!

Pretty cool entry. I particularly like the use of the red bush as a splash of lava. But I alsways thought Vader couldn't use force lightning because it would fry his hand... Oh well, I guess that's what makes it non-canon.

Thanks for the commends guys!

Nice job, I would too retake the bluegrass pics, since time permits.

Great job!

What do you mean with "bleugrass"?

Pretty cool entry. I particularly like the use of the red bush as a splash of lava. But I alsways thought Vader couldn't use force lightning because it would fry his hand... Oh well, I guess that's what makes it non-canon.

He still has his left hand :wink: , only his right hand was chopped off... 2 times...

I like the lava a lot, especially the use of the bush as the burst. The falling effect is good too.

He still has his left hand :wink: , only his right hand was chopped off... 2 times...

You're actually incorrect. You can clearly see at the end of this video that his second arm is chopped off, meaning that all his limbs are robotic. Darth Vader can't shoot force lightning.

Only his feet where chopped off.

Incorrect again...

Obi-wan took a whack at Anakin and both his feet, and his left arm got chopped off in one slice.

Anyways, I think Vader can use lightning. I saw it in some video game or comic or something.

Vader ignored his fatal tactical disadvantage and attempted to make the same jump so to continue the duel, only to be severely maimed and immobilized by Kenobi's blade, which severed both of his legs and his left arm.

With his body disfigured and his ability to use the Force grievously reduced, Vader tried to claw his way up the talus using only his remaining prosthetic limb.

All of Vader's limbs are robotic, and his ability to use the force is severely crippled, He can't use sith lightning.

Edited by sok117

Vader could use force lightning but it would short circuit his suit which would kill him.

You're actually incorrect. You can clearly see at the end of this video that his second arm is chopped off, meaning that all his limbs are robotic. Darth Vader can't shoot force lightning.
All of Vader's limbs are robotic, and his ability to use the force is severely crippled, He can't use sith lightning.
Vader could use force lightning but it would short circuit his suit which would kill him.

Where do you guys get random Infomation like that? It's not in the movies at all, therefore, I don't beleive it. I think Vader can use the force as much as he likes. Just because he doesn't use force lightening in the movies it doesn't mean he can't.

Yes, He has no flesh limbs left, but the force isn't anything to do with wether or not his arms are robotic or not..

Anyways, Nice entry. I would retake a few pictures, and photoshop them to make it look a bit more Epic. I think the fact it's non-canon may bring down intrest a bit, but none the less, it's a nice little scene, and good luck :classic:

Where do you guys get random Infomation like that? It's not in the movies at all, therefore, I don't beleive it. I think Vader can use the force as much as he likes. Just because he doesn't use force lightening in the movies it doesn't mean he can't.

Yes, He has no flesh limbs left, but the force isn't anything to do with wether or not his arms are robotic or not..

Anyways, Nice entry. I would retake a few pictures, and photoshop them to make it look a bit more Epic. I think the fact it's non-canon may bring down intrest a bit, but none the less, it's a nice little scene, and good luck :classic:

Just becaus eit's not in the movies doesn't mean it's not true. The books and comics are all (generally) good canon sources. In these, it is explained the Vader can not use forse lightening. furthermore, you can clearly see in Ep. 3 that all of his limbs have been sliced off.

Just becaus eit's not in the movies doesn't mean it's not true. The books and comics are all (generally) good canon sources. In these, it is explained the Vader can not use forse lightening. furthermore, you can clearly see in Ep. 3 that all of his limbs have been sliced off.

I'm not debating the fact his limbs were cut off at all. But I'm one of those movie sucker's who'll only trust the movies :tongue:

Anyway, I'll try not to thread-Crap, so I will add to the discussion, don't worry :tongue:

Are the 4 studs on the lava there on purpose? The really stick out - not just physicly - they really grab your attention, where-as I would have thought You'd rather have the fight on top be the centre of attention. Just my observation :wink:

Im not really familiar with the EU so Im not exactly sure what the context is of this scene. It may help if you described what the context of this is more and who the Jedi actually is. I think taking better pictures would help to make it more visually appealing.

Just my two cents. :wink:

Let's back down from discussing wether or not Vader can use Force lightning please.

Stick with commenting on the MOC's design and what could be improved there.

I am sure that the notion of Force Lightning being an issue has come to RepublicForces' attention.

Now leave it up to him to change it or not.

Darth Vader could not use Force Lightning like the other sith masters because he has artificial hands.

So are you going to update this or not?

So are you going to update this or not?

Yes, just need some time to do it.

Maybe today.

Edit: I have updated this thing just need to recharge my battery of my camera than I will post the pictures. :classic:

Edited by RepublicForces

People sorry for the dubble Post but I edited my entry!

(KimT can you edit the topic title for me, please?)

Yes I could.

What title are you aiming at having instead?