Sign in to follow this  
ACPin

Deactivate Tractor Beam

Using Jedi mind tricks, Ben Obi-Wan Kenobi distracts the stormtroopers guarding the tractor beam controls. Ben moves around the tractor beam disengaging the controls, watching the stormtroopers as they turn their backs to him. With the help of the Force, Ben deftly slips past the troopers and into the main hallway.

DeactivateTractorBeam-a00-EB.jpg

DeactivateTractorBeam-b03-EB.jpg

DeactivateTractorBeam-c04-EB.jpg

DeactivateTractorBeam-d03-EB.jpg

DeactivateTractorBeam-e00-EB.jpg

Commentary:

Two 8x16 dark gray bricks were used as base footprint and there's no overhang whatsoever from top to bottom. One week to complete and lots of pics taken which took a lot longer to go through for the final set. As with the other two entries, I've kept the design and build true to the scenes, no gimmicks necessary.

Here's a reference pic that I found for this scene.

Like the Medium entry, this is the final version. Comments and suggestions are welcomed but I won't be making anymore changes as I've got to complete the Large scene.

Enjoy viewing more pics here or by clicking on any pic above before posting your comments. I'd also appreciate if you mention what details you liked about it or not.

AC

Edited by ACPin

That's a great entry, good job once again ACPin! default_thumbup.gif Though the scene is not as popular as the others, the clever build of the double-floor generator makes up for it. Good luck in the competition!

That's a very good rendition of the scene.

How stable is the column? It looks like it has plenty of weight to support.

I like the reactor box as it hasnt been over-greebled and reflects the design of the original trilogy.

Good choice of a blue background too.

Great entry, very faithful to the movie scene !

how is the bottom of the generator made ? Is that silver thing one piece?

Wow That is another amazing entry.

:classic:

Cool. That generator sure is detailed :thumbup:

:sweet:

Perfect, you just nailed of, plain and simple.

A classic scene that required a no-frills design.

That's a great entry, good job once again ACPin! default_thumbup.gif Though the scene is not as popular as the others, the clever build of the double-floor generator makes up for it. Good luck in the competition!

The no height limitation made it all doable.

That's a very good rendition of the scene.

How stable is the column? It looks like it has plenty of weight to support.

I like the reactor box as it hasnt been over-greebled and reflects the design of the original trilogy.

Good choice of a blue background too.

Very stable indeed as there are technic pins in the middle to add support. This scene evokes a retro-style for simplicity and didn't require much greebles.

Great entry, very faithful to the movie scene !

how is the bottom of the generator made ? Is that silver thing one piece?

That's a secret for you to figure out! :wink: Yes, it is one piece which I've used in other MOCs.

Good job! I seriously love how you put so much detail in a MOC, large or small. It really looks nice with greebles and tiles mixed.

Did you expect anything less?

Dangit AC, why must you be so good?

What would you do if you won a place for all three categories?

Shouldn't you concentrate on making your own entry better? :yoda:

AC

Shouldn't you concentrate on making your own entry better? :yoda:

AC

Don't worry, I do not care at all about my medium entry. I think my small entry is good enough, but seeing as you are entering a large, I'll have to look hard at it!

I'll be honest, ACPin- this is one of the few models of your I don't like. It's too blocky, doesn't have enough control, and has too many wires. I'm sorry.

Don't worry, I do not care at all about my medium entry. I think my small entry is good enough, but seeing as you are entering a large, I'll have to look hard at it!

Why enter at all if you don't care about your entry?

I'll be honest, ACPin- this is one of the few models of your I don't like. It's too blocky, doesn't have enough control, and has too many wires. I'm sorry.

You're entitled to your own opinion. If you're referring to the control generator as too blocky, then consider the fact that this is a very small footprint to work with. There are only two wires, so I don't know why you say there are too many of them. Maybe you ought to show me someday what you come up with your own version of this scene. :devil:

AC

Why enter at all if you don't care about your entry?

You're entitled to your own opinion. If you're referring to the control generator as too blocky, then consider the fact that this is a very small footprint to work with. There are only two wires, so I don't know why you say there are too many of them. Maybe you ought to show me someday what you come up with your own version of this scene. :devil:

AC

I think her thought the bars were wires.

Anyways, I've always thought that your Tantive IV scenes weren't that great, so I made them myself! :sweet: I think that they are at least superior in accuracy.

Great entry ACPin.

I like when plates are tiled - and you've certainly tiled this :wub:

A great epic scene now depicted in bricks. :thumbup:

Wow great entry!

The standard of MOCs in this compitition is amazing!

And this is no exeption!

Exellently detailed MOC!

And nice bad MegaBloks attitude ''If you don't like it build your own'' :grin:

Good luck!

'ACPin' you're done it again, another AWESOME MOC - great tiling job and what a tractor beam controller - nice one ! :yoda:

Good luck and I'm a conformist! ! :sweet:

I think her thought the bars were wires.

Anyways, I've always thought that your Tantive IV scenes weren't that great, so I made them myself! default_satisfied.gif I think that they are at least superior in accuracy.

default_laugh_new.gif He was talking to me in the second paragraph.

this is just amazing as usual w/ you

and ive always liked how you make the whole scene and not just have them stay the same

good luck w/ this entree

Great entry ACPin.

I like when plates are tiled - and you've certainly tiled this :wub:

A great epic scene now depicted in bricks. :thumbup:

Just keeping it real.

Wow great entry!

The standard of MOCs in this compitition is amazing!

And this is no exeption!

Exellently detailed MOC!

And nice bad MegaBloks attitude ''If you don't like it build your own'' :grin:

Good luck!

:laugh:

'ACPin' you're done it again, another AWESOME MOC - great tiling job and what a tractor beam controller - nice one ! :yoda:

Good luck and I'm a conformist! ! :sweet:

A classic epic scene that does not need an over abundance of details.

this is just amazing as usual w/ you

and ive always liked how you make the whole scene and not just have them stay the same

good luck w/ this entree

Thanks!

AC