Sign in to follow this  
gambort

Max Rebo Band

4711843130_e978a98c15.jpg

rear.jpg_thumb.jpgside.jpg_thumb.jpgsy.jpg_thumb.jpg

More at Brickshelf

Unfortunately I won't be near my bricks soon so I'm getting this in early. The diorama is actually 17x17 including the brown base but that's not a part of the diorama so I figured it would be OK. I did make sure nothing overhung it. To clarify, the vignette is most certainly 16x16, the base is 17x17 but is not a part of the vignette.

Anyway, here's the Max Rebo band (old style). I had a lot of fun making the band members.

Tim

Edited by gambort

I would've asked KimT before posting this if the base is 17x17, nevertheless this is pretty awesome, not exactly epic, but nevertheless awesome, I love the scene and the architecture on the back, the band is pretty good too, If this does get disqualified, just remove the base and I'm sure it will be fine.

I would've asked KimT before posting this if the base is 17x17, nevertheless this is pretty awesome, not exactly epic, but nevertheless awesome, I love the scene and the architecture on the back, the band is pretty good too, If this does get disqualified, just remove the base and I'm sure it will be fine.

I honestly don't care if it gets disqualified although I'd think it'd be a bit silly if it did. I was inspired by the contest but ultimately I built it for fun and my own enjoyment. And I like the base.

Tim

Great work! I'm just not sure why you would deliberately exceed the stated size requirement when it looks like it could easily have been avoided. Other than that, it is really well done.

Jason

I honestly don't care if it gets disqualified although I'd think it'd be a bit silly if it did. I was inspired by the contest but ultimately I built it for fun and my own enjoyment. And I like the base.

Tim

I like the base too, but why say it'd be silly if it was disqualified. The rules are clear and simple, its bigger than the allowed size.

I like it, but Max is the only real stand out point for me.

I agree that 'silly' is too strong a word (I was getting sleepy when I posted it) but the rules stated that the vignette had to be 16x16 which it clearly is. Just because I lifted it off the ground on a 17x17 base to help make the photos clearer doesn't make the vignette any bigger.

Apparently the contest organisers agree as it's been added to the entries :)

Tim

A nice MOC. Unfortunatly, it took me a few moments to realise that was Max in the middle. I'd suggest making him a little les blocky. But I know how you feel, LEGO has very fewblue bricks. Other than that, that's really good!

Disqualified or not, I must say this is a really good-looking MOC, great job 'gambort'! pirate_thumbup.gif

I personally like the presentation of the base, the use of the 4 x 2 brown slopes and the curved corner gives it a more distinct unique look. And the build of Max and his band are pretty clever, I actually am impressed how gambort pulled-it off considering the small minifig-scale.

I certainly wouldn't disqualify this fine entry just because it has a little "underhang" :laugh:

It looks good and the 1 stud too much, doesn't do anything for the entry - it is as said, just the base that's a little too big.

Best of luck - Max Rebo Rocks!

I certainly wouldn't disqualify this fine entry just because it has a little "underhang" :laugh:

It looks good and the 1 stud too much, doesn't do anything for the entry - it is as said, just the base that's a little too big.

Best of luck - Max Rebo Rocks!

Thanks Kim,

Ordinarily I would have asked first but I figured it was blatant enough that the vignette was indeed 16x16 and I wasn't sure if I'd have time to reshoot if it wasn't. I highlighted it to make it clear to the rules judges that I wasn't trying to cheat.

Tim

I bet he's singing For the Last Time, I'm not a Blue Elephant. :laugh: Great Vig.

I bet he's singing For the Last Time, I'm not a Blue Elephant. :laugh: Great Vig.

I loved that Robot Chicken Episode, and Gambort, I'm glad to see that your still in the contest, KI do agree that it is a bit silly to disqualiffy it when it adds nothing more to the actual vig, I just was pointing it out thats all.