Superkalle

Get access to all the hidden bricks in LDD

Works like a dream! It's great to actually have LDD as a tool for designing models. The download and install are much easier than Ldraw, and I, for one, can appreciate the geometric strictness. (anyone remember LDD 1.0, with the limit on how many of each piece you could use? :angry::thumbdown:

On a side note, the Stormtrooper head is the only licensed SW piece I could find. Classic Princess Leia hair and lightsabers are there as well, but no blasters.

Everytime I tried to save the 'preferences' file, I get a warning message saying 'Access Is Denied'. Thus, I can't do it!

Any solutions??

Everytime I tried to save the 'preferences' file, I get a warning message saying 'Access Is Denied'. Thus, I can't do it!

Any solutions??

You are probably editing the wrong version, there is one in a system wide location and one in a per-user location and it's the per-user one you should modify.

Type the following into the explorer address bar: %appdata%\LEGO Company\LEGO Digital Designer\ and it should take you to the right location and allow you to edit the preferences file.

My son started to build virtually with LDD and so his father had to work on it as well... :wink:

I already unlocked the Universe-palette of bricks and now I would like to build train stuff, but I cannot find for example the "Black Train Wheel RC Train Pair" or cylinder halfes with cutout (2x4x5 or 3x6x6).

The bogie plate is located under the 4th row, first icon's set of bricks, but I cannot locate the wheels for the trains there (or anywhere else). But I saw other members posting cars like the 10016, so it MUST be there.

Can somebody help me?

EDIT: Hah! I found it myself!

Wheel train pair: behind the "Technic Competition Arrow"

cylinder halfes: behind the "Tile, Modified 1 x 2 with Handle"

I wouldn't call that logical, but however... :sceptic:

My son started to build virtually with LDD and so his father had to work on it as well... default_blink.gif

Hi Holodoc. Welcome to this corner of the EB forum default_tong.gif

I've made a tool you can use to find if a part exists in LDD and if so, in which category it can be found.

Check it out here. Freeware of course

Anyway, perhaps you and your son should enter the LDD Design contest?

Cheers

Superkalle

PS: Like that South African horn (can't remember what it's called) you got in your Avatar. Even though I can't stand the sound of it on TV

Hi Holodoc. Welcome to this corner of the EB forum default_tong.gif

I've made a tool you can use to find if a part exists in LDD and if so, in which category it can be found.

Check it out here. Freeware of course

Great! Downloaded immediately! :cry_happy:

Anyway, perhaps you and your son should enter the LDD Design contest?

That's our plan! :devil:

Cheers

Superkalle

PS: Like that South African horn (can't remember what it's called) you got in your Avatar. Even though I can't stand the sound of it on TV

Thank you. The name is Vuvuzela btw. :wink:

I tried three different styles and ended up with what you can see.

"the inventor" used a simple antennafor that which is also very good looking.

Sorry to say but it does not work.

That statement is not much to go on. If you need help, then please be much more specific about what your problem is, and perhaps someone here can help you.

Thank you. The name is Vuvuzela btw. :wink:

When I saw the Indian in the Collectible Minifigs I thought of you Holo.

His head can be well used as a German football holigan fan!

When I saw the Indian in the Collectible Minifigs I thought of you Holo.

His head can be well used as a German football holigan fan!

Great - completely off-topic :tongue: - idea!

This is the first time I realize the 'hidden flag'! :cry_happy:

Great - completely off-topic :tongue: - idea!

This is the first time I realize the 'hidden flag'! :cry_happy:

I know! Thought of you immediatley when seeing it. Guess you go tan Indian?

Ok folks *Cough, cough* Back on topic. Now!!

Doe any one know if there is an elephant head in universe mode? I found the ears, the trunk, but no head. Please help! :grin:

I tryed to do this and it said "cannot create the C:\Program Files\LEGO Company\LEGO Digital Designer\Assets\preferences.ini" please help I wanna be able to build any thing i can think of ><

I tryed to do this and it said "cannot create the C:\Program Files\LEGO Company\LEGO Digital Designer\Assets\preferences.ini" please help I wanna be able to build any thing i can think of ><

As Superkalle pointed out in this Eurobricks post , "You are probably editing the wrong version, there is one in a system wide location and one in a per-user location and it's the per-user one you should modify. Type the following into the explorer address bar: %appdata%\LEGO Company\LEGO Digital Designer\ and it should take you to the right location and allow you to edit the preferences file."

Hey I got a question.

Do you know what the "Garrison Cap" is? If you look at the Utensils section of the palette, you can get a Sidecap type thing, like the Ambassador cap:

3977.jpg

But wider:

LDDScreenShot227.png

Does anyone know if it is a real Lego part and if its produced? It'd be a good sidecap for my Panzer crew even though the first ambassador cap would be better but the cheapest I could find was buying Ambassador for £5 each and thats gonna be expensive just to get a sidecap. Like this:

german%20panzer%20side%20cap%20150.jpg

As Superkalle pointed out in this Eurobricks post , "You are probably editing the wrong version, there is one in a system wide location and one in a per-user location and it's the per-user one you should modify. Type the following into the explorer address bar: %appdata%\LEGO Company\LEGO Digital Designer\ and it should take you to the right location and allow you to edit the preferences file."

Yes, but on my computer there is no LEGO Company folder in the AppData folder. I am running Vista. Can someone help me?

Yes, but on my computer there is no LEGO Company folder in the AppData folder. I am running Vista. Can someone help me?

Sure I'll help. Have you done the following (use as checklist):

1) Read the instructions of the first post carefully? I'm asking since several thousand users have made this work without problems, so there must be some step you are not following.

2) Install LDD version 3.1.3

3) Check so that you are looking in the right path. Please post the full path to the folder you are looking at.

4) Unhidden the AppData folder: http://www.eurobricks.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=40794&view=findpost&p=720082

5) Looking at the right AppData folder (as indicated in the first post of this topic)?

6) Do you have administrative right on the computer?

Sure I'll help. Have you done the following (use as checklist):

1) Read the instructions of the first post carefully? I'm asking since several thousand users have made this work without problems, so there must be some step you are not following.

2) Install LDD version 3.1.3

3) Check so that you are looking in the right path. Please post the full path to the folder you are looking at.

4) Unhidden the AppData folder: http://www.eurobricks.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=40794&view=findpost&p=720082

5) Looking at the right AppData folder (as indicated in the first post of this topic)?

6) Do you have administrative right on the computer?

Hmm... I found a way around it. I made a new preferences.ini folder, with the same exact preferences, except adding Themeaccess=LEGOUniverse. I saved it to my Desktop. Then I copied and pasted it into the Assets folder and overwrited the folder. :tongue:

Edited by The Soup Nazi

Thanks a lot for this Superkalle, and for Bojan Pavsic,hvala puno!! :)

I was wondering how to get the older bricks in LDD, surfed the internet, and have stumbled upon EB completely by chance, and what a find it was! I can see that this forum works like a clockwork (thanks to devoted LEGO fans and moderators) and has a much info on LEGO topics.To cut the story short (for now), thanks again for patience and effort in helping LDD experience reach new heights!

With best regards, Boris aka Dr_Legoman

Edited by Dr_Legoman

Thanks a lot for this Superkalle, and for Bojan Pavsic,hvala puno!! :)

I was wondering how to get the older bricks in LDD, surfed the internet, and have stumbled upon EB completely by chance, and what a find it was! I can see that this forum works like a clockwork (thanks to devoted LEGO fans and moderators) and has a much info on LEGO topics.To cut the story short (for now), thanks again for patience and effort in helping LDD experience reach new heights!

With best regards, Boris aka Dr_Legoman

Well, Boris - I'm glad you found Eurobricks, and the LDD forum. :classic:

You are more then welcome to come back anytime with questions, participate in the discussions or show your latest LDD/LEGO work.

Well, Boris - I'm glad you found Eurobricks, and the LDD forum. :classic:

You are more then welcome to come back anytime with questions, participate in the discussions or show your latest LDD/LEGO work.

I have a question about posting/showing my LDD work here.I have tried to open Gallery but looks like I do not have permission or something like that: " An Error Occurred

Sorry, an error occurred. If you are unsure on how to use a feature, or don't know why you got this error message, try looking through the help files for more information.

[#1078] There are no categories that you have permission to view "

Am I missing on something? I would like to see others work and show mine as well,but not to open new theme on forum for every model I've made.Or is it a better solution to put a MOC link somewhere (and how it is done) ?

Thanks

The Gallery feature is only useable by staff.

Our server size is, eventhough it's big, not big enough for the gallery feature to be useable by all members.

I suggest you use other sites like google's gmail picture feature or brickshelf.com

All you need in both places is to create an account and you're good to go.

Then upload the pics and deeplink them here.

If in doubt on how to deeplink pics, then simply follow the link in my signature (below) to the tutorial index.

Welcome to Eurbricks by the way.