WesternOutlaw

Toy Story 7597 Western Train Chase

Thanks for the tip, but some TRU stores won't price match with their web site - at least mine doesn't.

Yeah, I ran into the same problem... so I drove back home, and ordered it from online.

Fortunantly, they still had some sets left.

As a big fan of American class loks, I have really been looking forward to this set since its announcement... and finally picked one up. What I like best is that this set, like the TS3 movie itself, will make steam railroading come alive for a new generation. And its a pretty neat set to boot. The wheels are already setup to simply drop in an R/C train motor so I can see a lot of these running under many a Christmas tree if parents are quick to realize this.

- BMW

Yeah, I ran into the same problem... so I drove back home, and ordered it from online.

Fortunantly, they still had some sets left.

Me, too. But when I came back from the store the website was out of stock. So I went back the other day to the store, told them that the online offer was -25%, they did check the website, printed the screenshot and told me that they have a price guarantee to match the online price in the store.... and I got it at the -25%! I was asking this for a few sets last week as on-line there was a bunch of them on sale but in the real life only a few were marked ...

fW

I just noticed a new space police set 5984 with 2 black cow catchers as a spot light grill i do not have a link but found it at toys n bricks

so that is great news

I think Kris Kelvin shared a picture of the set and started a discussion earlier in this thread. :wink:

my bad I saw it and got excited THIS IS GOING TO BE A GREAT TRAIN YEAR

I'd love to buy this set, but at £75, it's more than I'd want to pay for it.

Besides, I could but a classic 9V set for that!

I brought this set yesterday with a discount coupon for Toys'R'Us. I have a question, which train tracks work with this set?

I brought this set yesterday with a discount coupon for Toys'R'Us. I have a question, which train tracks work with this set?

9 volt and RC track.

Bruce

Do the flexible ones work with it, too?

Yes, also the 4.5 volt and 12 volt track work if you have them.

Bruce

Personally, I really like this set! At long last, Lego's finally given us an entirely American styled steam engine! And it does look quite different from previous trains! The larger train wheels really help! Yeah, the lack of a tender is a bit of a pain, but I just made my own, with a motor!

It may not be an exact recreation of the train in the movie, but for a Lego train, it's a great western train in its own right!

i think you guys have to remember this is a TOY, and supposed to look like a toy. i personally hate it.. but has anybody made something cool from the parts? is it worth it for the wheels and parts?

i think you guys have to remember this is a TOY, and supposed to look like a toy. i personally hate it.. but has anybody made something cool from the parts? is it worth it for the wheels and parts?

On Flickr I found user Sekiyamalego had the following two galleries of modifications:

Thanks for sharing the links. I had seen these images a while back and was really impressed with the modifications.

On Flickr I found user Sekiyamalego had the following two galleries of modifications:

The first one, with the large wheels attached to an RC train motor, once you get that train to move it will go way too fast.

cool. i think for the money of this set, its better just to buy parts on bricklink. only good parts are the large wheels, and couplers. and maybe the dark grey doors.

Well, it looks as much like a toy as any Lego set! I think it's well worth it for the wheels and parts! It's a great engine, too!

I like that! How'd you make the tender? I wanna make one like it!

cool. i think for the money of this set, its better just to buy parts on bricklink. only good parts are the large wheels, and couplers. and maybe the dark grey doors.

It's a very subjective matter, but I tend to agree. I would point out that there are a bunch of normal train wheels, and the green and red windows as well. Still for me even on sale the local price is a bit too high.