Teddy

MOC: Post Office and Cafe

Post Office and Cafe:

Mr.Whiskers looking outside the window:

4352757413_a06d7a172d.jpg

lol my favorite pic of them all is Mr. Wiskers in his apartment looking outside making sure everything is running smoothly. So many details and character in this build. Mr. Wiskers should be very proud to have such a nice apartment, It is great inspiration to kitty cats everywhere! :grin:

Hi Zorbas,

I took some new shots with better lighting and used one of them for the main shot.

Great for once more!

Every time I look at it, I find something new to excite me! :sweet: Really!

Thanks Teddy! :thumbup:

this is really amazing lego work! Will you actually add Grand Emporium to your street? I am still looking for a picture with all modular houses GE,CC,GG,FB,MS. I luv your work

u make excellent MOCs... i love your job... (central station rox i love it heh) :thumbup:

Beautiful work!! The exterior is great but the inside is even better.... all the little details are just stunning!! (the only criticism I might have is that the bathroom might look better with a tiled floor (like the other rooms) but apart from that minor personal niggle, it's perfect!!)

Thanks for sharing!!

One thing though to keep you on the ground: I don't like that it's not built according to the "standards".

See, I disagree with that statement. As far as I'm concerned its every other MOC and set that has failed to adhere to the "standards" of this one.

Awesome stuff teddy. I don't know how you managed to fit so much detail in there. Only thing I'd like to see is a more ornate sign for the cafe. The blocky lettering of Grand Emporium always bothered me. It works on a post office but the Cafe deserves a fancy sign.

Hi everybody,

sorry for the late replies. I have lived in the USA for some months (as an exchange scholar at UCLA) and was in Paris for a week (conference) and now to my own frustration I have been in bed with the flue for four days. So my activity on the forum has been a bit limited.

this is really amazing lego work! Will you actually add Grand Emporium to your street? I am still looking for a picture with all modular houses GE,CC,GG,FB,MS. I luv your work

Hi Victor1, thanks for your compliments! :classic:

Last month I bought a GE when I was living in the USA, now I'm back in NL and hope to add it to my street soon.

I remember there are already some comparisson shots on the forum, but I don't have a link right now.

Excellent MOC with a lot of cool details. Like the shower. And the bed with its cover.

Super!

Thanks Superkalle! I spend a lot of time cramming all the stuff in the bedroom.

u make excellent MOCs... i love your job... (central station rox i love it heh) :thumbup:

Thanks Gunman! It is always supercool when people like your MOCs. :classic:

Beautiful work!! The exterior is great but the inside is even better.... all the little details are just stunning!! (the only criticism I might have is that the bathroom might look better with a tiled floor (like the other rooms) but apart from that minor personal niggle, it's perfect!!)

Thanks for sharing!!

Hi greg3, yes I agree. Tiling the bathroom floor would look better. I was looking for some effect in the badroom floor and break a bit with all the tiling I already did.

None the less I don't think studs in the floor are necessarily a bad thing.

Very nice details everywhere! Great MOC! How many time does it take to build this awersome one?

Capt'n Spaulding.

Hi 'Captain'Spaulding'. For MOCs like these I itterate a great number of time. Sometimes ripping the entire thing appart and start anew.

I think it took some twelve itterations on the exterior and something similar on the interior. Luckely, I can build pretty fast so an iteration does not nescessarily take a lot of time. Building time is more or less dominated by the flow and speed of ideas popping up in my mind.

See, I disagree with that statement. As far as I'm concerned its every other MOC and set that has failed to adhere to the "standards" of this one.

Awesome stuff teddy. I don't know how you managed to fit so much detail in there. Only thing I'd like to see is a more ornate sign for the cafe. The blocky lettering of Grand Emporium always bothered me. It works on a post office but the Cafe deserves a fancy sign.

Thanks 'FelixTheCat', I build that high ground floor on purpose since it fits with my storyline of an old music school and I actually learned to play the trombone when I was a kid on the ground floor of a building with such a high ground floor. So for me the proportions are not odd. Where I am from lots of old buildings have such a high ground floor and I used that as an inspiration and I liked the fact that it broke up the patterns in my streat a bit. I am not an expert on architecture, so I do not know why this is. Maybe someone on the forum can enlighten me.

Kind regards,

Teddy

Insanely detailed inside there-- I'm at a loss for words at your attention to all those minute touches-- LOVE the little stove area and overhead vent! And the bookcase is fantastic!

Clearly you work in Lego the way other artists work in oils and pastels. Keep up the great work!

Just visiting to say for once more what a wonderful job you've made Teddy! This is one of my favorite creations of yours, hands down. :classic:

Absolutely stunning! The outside looks marvelous....but then you look inside and see all the amazing detail you've managed to fit in! My favourite bits are the toilet and the kitchen.

I'm not going to lie; some of the details in this MOC beats the LEGO street building sets by a long run :blush: I especially love the rooms in the attic/roof!

Glorious work, Teddy!

I really like the design of this MOC! I like how the bottom floor is divided into the three sections (cafe, post office and stairs).

Oh my, this is beautiful! The detail is stunning, and the living room and bookshelf is just insanely good! I may have to try a divided set up like that myself :thumbup:

Incredible! All the attention to detail and the little touches just make it that much more awesome. I like the use of the Harry Potter blackboard as the deli menu board, for example. Genius!

This is simply stunning, the attention to detail both outside and inside is truly remarkeble

Happy Bricking

Barberini

Argh (an aspiring Pirate)

Super great MOC. Just awesome! You have thought about many details/ideas that just show how talented you are :)

Am keen to learn how long does it takes you to envisage a design, concept it, build it and test it? What is your process to many of your MOCs.

Cheers

Ray