KimT

Epic Scenes Contest Rules & Discussion

This will be my first contest, looking forward to it. I should have my contest model posted later today.

Wow...

That's fast.

It's going to be relativity small and simple, so it didn't take that long. Plus, I figure the sooner I get it up the more advice I can get on improving it, no?

It's going to be relativity small and simple, so it didn't take that long. Plus, I figure the sooner I get it up the more advice I can get on improving it, no?

Good thinking. But it is better to take time over it to think of your own ideas instead of other people giving theirs, which makes it more your MOC (if you see what I mean). :classic:

A question, can we make it two levels, even if it wouldn't make sense (like basically two vignettes on top of each other).

Yes, all you need is to stick with the horisontal limitation of 16x16, 32x32 or 48x48 studs as stated and clarified in the rules in the first post.

I don't see why you couldn't make a vignette / diorama with two or more levels in it.

hello

i think i will join in the small category. i hope i nobody has the same idea!

Edited by tuber

Hmm, okay. What I meant was like a trash compactor scene on bottom, and then 3po and r2 in the hanger on top (that's not what I'm doing). Anyways, my first goal is the first level, so I don't know if I'll be able to do the second one (let's just say it's very dark and involves a lot of greebles).

Would it be okay if I would put a vehicle on and its wing and/or wings overhang?

Sorry if someone else already asked this. :grin:

Would it be okay if I would put a vehicle on and its wing and/or wings overhang?

Sorry if someone else already asked this. :grin:

That certainly depends.

If the wings result in too much overhang, then your entry will be disqualified.

A few studs is no problem though.

I really want to but where do we post it?

Read the first post once more and you'll find instructions on how to post your entry here in "Watto's Junkyard"

So first part is done ;-) But I have an important question. Are custom stickers allowed? Thanks.

Yes

Hello

Can we use the Power Functions ? (for example lights ..)

Hello

Can we use the Power Functions ? (for example lights ..)

Yes :wub:

That certainly depends.

If the wings result in too much overhang, then your entry will be disqualified.

A few studs is no problem though.

Man, and I was going to make a 16x16 plate, add a stand of bricks and put the UCS Falcon on top, calling the rest of it "overhang". :classic:

(I'm kidding..I don't even own the UCS Falcon)

I have an idea, unknown if I'll get a chance to build it though. I look forward to seeing all the entries!

Edited by Mofo Jones

Man, and I was going to make a 16x16 plate, add a stand of bricks and put the UCS Falcon on top, calling the rest of it "overhang".

:laugh:

Thanks for making my point crystal clear :thumbup:

Hmm, I think I might take more time to get it juuuust right. And now that you mentioned power functions I;m thinking of adding some to mine. :grin:

If you guys add powerfunctions, then you might consider a YouTube video of it.

You can deeplink YouTube videos like this:

[youtube]VIDEONUMBER[/youtube]

You have to copy/paste the video's number and not URL.

If we post an entry, but then it gets disqualified, can we change it or post another? or are we out, and we lost our chance? The reason I'm asking is because, I've got a tiny bit of overhang from a ship coming off my baseplate, no more then four studs out, and I would hate to lose my chance at entering by posting it.

All entries will be commented as they are posted.

These comments will include how to turn the entry around, if it's facing disqualification.

As said and described in the rules.

And no you can't use official models - that would be against the idea of this being a MOC contest, wouldn't it?

I have a question, could I take pictures of the two levels separately, to get the right lighting to recreate the scene?

We are allowed five pics of our model, don't worry.

You're allowed 5 deeplinked pics and an unlimited amount of pics in various resolution on for example Brickshelf.

Make sure to leave a link for such in your entry.

To ensure that we all have an idea of what epic scene is being depicted, the rules have been updated with a request to describe which epic scene the entry depicts.