Rate the set  

49 members have voted

1. 1. Vote your opinion

• Poor
    • Below Average
    • Average
    • Above Average
    • Outstanding

What colour is bley? I have no idea. Is it white or that cream-like colour? Nice review, I have this set but it is in pieces. :thumbup:

In 2004-ish (I'm not sure exactly when) Lego changed the color of their grey bricks to more of a bluish grey color. Thus all of the old grey bricks are called grey and the new grey bricks are bluishgrey. If you're not looking for it, the difference isn't really noticeable but if you compare a grey and bley brick side by side, the difference in color is fairly obvious. Lego changed their brown color to a more reddish brown at the time too, IIRC. I really don't know for sure why the changes in color were made, my guess is it's cheaper to produce bricks with the new colors.

Sorry for bringing this one up again, but since this set is still available I'm wondering why everone is so excited about the 6212. Allright, apart from the UCS edition it's the best you can get from big L, but it's still just plain ugly to my eyes! Too much color, too short lasercannons and why is it white? I hope big L will come up with a better version soon. Average for me.

Sorry for bringing this one up again, but since this set is still available I'm wondering why everone is so excited about the 6212. Allright, apart from the UCS edition it's the best you can get from big L, but it's still just plain ugly to my eyes! Too much color, too short lasercannons and why is it white? I hope big L will come up with a better version soon. Average for me.

I agree it could be improved but it has many plus points:

6 minifigs

437pieces for £39.99 - bargain by current Lego SW prices

An iconic ship that might not be replaced for a couple of years so people are grabbing them now (quite high in the UK top25 sellers last time I checked)

Well everyone is certainly entitled to their opinions. I think this looks pretty good, and the white just gives it a more lively feel than the drab grey. Like you this is just my opinion, but it alwso comes with so many unnessesary figs which all AFOL's love.

Also the fact that it's been available for like 3 years is just mind boggling.

I personally don't like the figs, because all there features are smaller then average, I have three Leia's and this one has really small eyes when compared to my others

As for the set itself, I thought It was the best x-wing there was, but what I didn't like was that the bottom part kept looking off because it was droping a bit, so I used one of the 1x2 pieces with an extension on the side, mainly used to slide into bricks with an indent, to hold it up.

It's amazing how old posts get bumped up eh ? :wink:

Well, this is one of my favorite sets of all time, heaps of minifigs and a COOL ride indeed - what more could you ask for eh ? :grin:

Besides they are back instock at TRU stores in Australia for the same price as a few years ago !

I'm a conformist! everyone ! :sweet:

Sorry to continue this topic but I really like this set. I was one of the first two I bought (the other being Slave 1) when I came out of I have read people call my "dark age". I love the fig selection (a great first set to buy because of how many unecssary minifigs there were) and I think it is a pretty accurate representation, save a few things. I like this set so much that I might have to buy a second while they are still on the shelves!

Sorry to continue this topic but I really like this set. I was one of the first two I bought (the other being Slave 1) when I came out of I have read people call my "dark age". I love the fig selection (a great first set to buy because of how many unecssary minifigs there were) and I think it is a pretty accurate representation, save a few things. I like this set so much that I might have to buy a second while they are still on the shelves!

I would expect these to be discontinued any day literally, with a 3 year run, they could dissapear at any moment.

I would expect these to be discontinued any day literally, with a 3 year run, they could dissapear at any moment.

Yeah, but there are still about 50 in TRU Brent Cross in London.

TLG will always have an X-Wing of some type on the market, and there is room for improvement. I am anxious to see the next version of this classic ship.

I'm not saying their isn't a high inventory but the production will likely cease pretty soon.

I picked this set up a few months ago from TRU. I love it! It looks great on display, has a clever and accurate build, and was fun building it. :thumbup:

The ships every detail really is spot-on accurate to the movies.

Its accurate, well constructed...

I doubt this will be around much longer...

I want you to look through these pictures very carefully and compare them with the monstrosity that is the 6212 X-wing and see if your opinion about 6212 doesn't change completely. I would also like to tell you that the 6212 X-wing is for sale on S@H at its original price after 4 years, which is probably the longest time a System set has ever been on S@H.

I've compared the instructions for this ship with the older 4502 X-wing (which of course was not quite there.) The ships are exactly the same except for two things:

1. There is one more grey 2x2 tile with groove on the front of the nose, and

2. a pair of wing plates near the cockpit is tan on the 4502 but white on the 6212.

Considering the number of parts in this set (around 400 for the ship I think) that's far less than 1% change. In other words, LEGO's laziest redesign yet. You can't even call it a redesign. Every single gaping error present in the 4502 X-wing is still there - along with one of the greatest pilots in the Star Wars universe, Wedge Antilles, shamed with a generic smiley face and mistakenly presented as Red Three when he was clearly referred to as Red Two in the Death Star trench run and later Red Leader in the Battle of Endor.

For $50 you would expect so much more out of a LEGO Star Wars set than a few color changes and a new helmet print. After 2 years, you would expect some sort of improvement to the design. Where is it? I could nitpick this set for hours. Even at LEGO standards, this is truly a disgrace. A disgrace to one of the most iconic ships in the entire Star Wars saga.

My two cents.

On 1/4/2009 at 6:18 PM, Knightsword said:

Its a great set(got 2 of them and the original that came with Yoda's hut), but what bugs me and how Lego got it wrong, I dunno, but Wedge's X-Wing is Red 2, Bigg's was Red-3.

I bought this set used from someone with no instructions. Some of the pieces were chewed and I got to get new ones. Can I get the proof of purchase code for this set because I'm trying to fix it