Sign in to follow this  
Mister Phes

Mint in Sealed Box MADNESS!

Lets see Count Sneffy... Cheapest MISB on Bricklink (at time of writing)...

6205 Bucaneers

US$50.00

6248 Volcano Island

US$36.00

6249 Pirate's Ambush (not MISB, but with box and instructions)

US$44.00

6296 Shipwreck Island

(box has heavy shelf wear)

US$55.00

TOTAL: US$185

Given all the sets are MISB the condition of the boxes appear to be quite good the eBay auction probably represents a better deal. Also factoring in postage the eBay auction could be combine postage wheras you'd have to pay individual postage on BrickLink.

ah true pirate, but then, you have 5 days to go on ebay! let's see next week! :'-(

Since its a Buy it Now auction the price aint gonna get any higher...

yep you're right! :-$

Are you surprised to see that he still hasn't sold those sets, pirate? as you indicated, $190 is a fair price and pirate collectors must have seen this by now...

is it because "pirates" is less attractive than before or did he just pick the wrong moment the year?

I wouldn't say it hasn't been purchased due to lack of want, its more lack of funds. For example: ME - if I had the money I would have hit the Buy It Now button the moment I saw the auction, but I just can't afford it. I'd LOVE to add these to my MISB collection because I probably won't seem them in this condition again for a long time. They're hard enough to get second hand as it is.

I'll just assume I'm not the only one in his predicament and I don't imagine everyone that collects Pirate LEGO has a high disposable income enabling them to buy whatever they see - no matter how much they want it.

As you said earlier "ouch... 190 dollars!" so you're obviously feeling the financial strain as well. Maybe one day money won't be such an issue and I'll be able to buy all auctions like these...

oh god i wish i had millions of dollars so i could bid on things like this!! i dont have any of these sets but i would really like to own them. how can i get them?

Captain Ironhook, my recommendation is to keep a constant watch on eBay auctions and Bricklink stores. Personally I prefer eBay for sets because I can usually procure them a lot cheaper than what I could using BrickLink.

i have heard of this magical ebay website but i have never used it before and i have heard stories of people taking other peoples money and there is no way they can ever get it back. im not sure that i trust things such as ebay for i do not have much money and do not want to take the risk of buying something and then not having it deliver.

I wouldn't say eBay is 100% foolproof but nothing never is! But what I can tell you is I've made over 400 eBay transactions in the past 3 years and have only had problems with 3 sellers.

The first sold me pirated DVDs, so after I got rather nasty with him he gave me a full refund plus return postage for the DVDs. So that worked fine for me except for the time I wasted contacting the infidel.

The second I transferred money to but the user unregistered from eBay and I never heard from him again. Fortunately it was only a small of money so it was no real loss. eBay also has procedures for unrecieved items over US$20 so if the seller doesn't send the goods eBay will step in and sort things out.

The third user unregistered from eBay after I won the auction, but I hadn't sent the money so it was no big deal.

So that's 1 out of every transactions that have been a problem which is not too bad. Mind you I have got most of the SYSTEM Pirate sets twice or thrice over using eBay and some at really great prices, hence why I recommend eBay.

Yes, that is almost correct. I've got all but 2 sets, one of those sets being a promotional pack containing 4 small sets. I could have got it at an exceptional price once, but at that point I was having a slight break from Pirate LEGO so I just let it pass. It was only after that I realised what I'd done! AAAAARGH!!! I'll never forget my stupidity!

now that we are talking about pirates sets on ebay...

Is it just me or is demand for pirate sets decreasing on ebay? I've been keeping an eye on some space sets in the last couple of weeks and i saw rather cheap, but 2nd hand, pirate sets on a regular basis... At least, the prices involved looked very reasonable to me....

Don't be silly Armada Yoda! You're most welcome to join in on these piratical conversations - as is everyone! In fact I encourage everyone to join as much as possible!

Anyway, the set I missed out on and severely regret is...

1729-1.jpg

so what is your intention with 1729 pirate?

you can end your painful quest for this set if you just buy it from Bricklink. $30 for a 2nd hand... ok ... $130 for a new one... ouch...

How realistic is it to find a new one on ebay for a lower price?

Maybe we should let you 2 ( :-| ) alone for some privacy time ? :-D

are you implying that i am a homosexuall? i am not of a faith that condones such pratices and i resent any such thoughts of someone saying that i might do such things. i am terribly insulted by such comment.

Is it just me or is demand for pirate sets decreasing on ebay? I've been keeping an eye on some space sets in the last couple of weeks and i saw rather cheap, but 2nd hand, pirate sets on a regular basis... At least, the prices involved looked very reasonable to me....

It all depends on your demograph Count Sneffy. I've noticed that in some parts of Europe that SYSTEM Pirate LEGO sells phenomonly cheap compared to the prices it reaches here. Part of this new pirate forum is going to have a section for monitoring and documenting the price of pirate sets so we can determine exactly what their worth is. When I get it all set up that is...

so what is your intention with 1729 pirate?

you can end your painful quest for this set if you just buy it from Bricklink. $30 for a 2nd hand... ok ... $130 for a new one... ouch...

How realistic is it to find a new one on ebay for a lower price?

My intention is: I want one with box and instructions although the condition is irrelevant so long as its reasonable. I don't see the point getting this set without box or instructions otherwise why pay that much money when I could just gather the pieces off BrickLink and build it myself much cheaper? Ideally I've have one to open and a MISB one to keep.

But what really annoys me is I could of had one in MISB condition for US$15 once! AAAAAAAARGH!!!

Maybe we should let you 2 ( :-| ) alone for some privacy time ? :-D

are you implying that i am a homosexuall? i am not of a faith that condones such pratices and i resent any such thoughts of someone saying that i might do such things. i am terribly insulted by such comment.

How about... NO !! Schisophrenic maybe, but nothing else !!

*yoda*

Armada Yoda is merely suggesting that you write more substantial posts! You're being a bit brief and you'd be a more likely candidate if you wrote in paragraphs. (and perhaps started sentences with capitals)

what is this scisophrenic? are u trying to insult me with words i do not understand

Someone suffering from multiple personalities if you wish :-D

*yoda*

I dont understand this multiple personalities thing but i shall do better effort to make longer posts with better writing. I do love my pirates lego and i want to get a high pirate rank so i will do whatever i need to get promoted.

Ah yes... To get promoted fast simply write a lot of good posts! Preferably pirate related given that this is the Pirate Ranking System afterall. I don't think I'll go into anymore detail here because I've written this plenty of times...

I see that Mr Norro got himself a Shipwrecked...