ms09

Type 63 Multiple Rocket Launcher System

Lego Type 63 Multiple Rocket Launcher System.

All main function realized by remote control:

• vehicle propulsion,
  • vehicle turning,
  • weapon platform rotation,
  • weapon tilt angle adjustment,
  • weapon launch.

Besides,

• automatic gear box is applied,
  • 4X4 chassis with individual suspension,
  • functional steering wheel,
  • V6 engine connected to front driving wheels,
  • both hood and doors can be opened,
  • LED head lights.

1272455427m_DISPLAY.jpg

12724554281_DISPLAY.jpg

12724554292_DISPLAY.jpg

12724554303_DISPLAY.jpg

12724554324_DISPLAY.jpg

12724554335_DISPLAY.jpg

12724554356_DISPLAY.jpg

12724554367_DISPLAY.jpg

12724554378_DISPLAY.jpg

Edited by ms09

OMG, I don't visit the technic area much, but damn, this is cool. I'm amazed that you can do all that with remote control. I'd love a video of it in action? Although I know not everyone is that inclined. I certainly am not.

Awesome job though, this seriously has to be the coolest technic thing I've seen.

Now, THAT is WICKED! I love the rotating missile turret, and it's very accurate in shooting the Technic Competition Arrows! Maybe it could be used against invading hordes of Bionicle creatures! :laugh: TLG would NEVER offer something like this as an official set, but it's cool that you did it.

The "Type 63" Multiple Rocket Launcher (MRL) is a Chinese military application. It's described at http://www.sinodefence.com/army/mrl/type63.asp , and pictured on http://www.primeportal.net/artillery/david...ck/type_63_mrl/ . Great job in reproducing this vehicle!

type_63_mrl_04_of_63t.jpg

Very cool! I love the ripple fire action! :laugh:

I'd love a video of it in action?

:wink:

OMG, I don't visit the technic area much, but damn, this is cool. I'm amazed that you can do all that with remote control. I'd love a video of it in action? Although I know not everyone is that inclined. I certainly am not.

Awesome job though, this seriously has to be the coolest technic thing I've seen.

Thanks for your comments, I have offered a link on youtube so that you can see the MRLS in action:

(the same one a nice guy just inserted in his reply)
Now, THAT is WICKED! I love the rotating missile turret, and it's very accurate in shooting the Technic Competition Arrows! Maybe it could be used against invading hordes of Bionicle creatures! :laugh: TLG would NEVER offer something like this as an official set, but it's cool that you did it.

The "Type 63" Multiple Rocket Launcher (MRL) is a Chinese military application. It's described at http://www.sinodefence.com/army/mrl/type63.asp , and pictured on http://www.primeportal.net/artillery/david...ck/type_63_mrl/ . Great job in reproducing this vehicle!

type_63_mrl_04_of_63t.jpg

Thanks for your comments and background introduction as well! The image you provided is absolutely correct, but the introduction on sinodefence is talking about some other MRL, it is sometimes confusing. I didn't find the specification of Type63 19X130mm MRLS on web either, but did find an interesting video of it.

Very cool! I love the ripple fire action! :laugh:

Thanks, now I know how to insert the video.

Why so many differentials? Good job, even though i dislike wepaons.

Thanks for your comment, I used six differential gears in the MOC, four of them are for construction of automatic gear boxes, the idea was from TechnicBRICKS (http://technicbricks.blogspot.com/2009/11/week-techvideo-2009-48-automatic.html), it is worth trying.

Not being a fan of machines designed to hurt people, I do like this model. (And Lego doesn't hurt people :) ) . And works pretty well as well, nice.

Same here...don't prefer war mocs, but this vehicle has nice functions. :thumbup:

It would be better to me if it is a little bit covered with bricks, to be more like model team...with these functions that would be great.

Probably the coolest Technic vehicle I've ever seen. I love that weapons platform, with its 360 degree range. The functional steering wheel is a nice bonus too. :thumbup:

@ms09: After seeing the video and studying the picture below, I don't know how the individual Technic Competition Arrows are fired. There are gears near the "triggers", but how do you sequentially launch them using Power Functions? :look:

12724554367_DISPLAY.jpg

Not being a fan of machines designed to hurt people, I do like this model. (And Lego doesn't hurt people :) ) . And works pretty well as well, nice.

Thanks for your comment! From a pure view of technic, weapon is not a bad topic, and I prefer something which TLG will never issue as a set.

Same here...don't prefer war mocs, but this vehicle has nice functions. :thumbup:

It would be better to me if it is a little bit covered with bricks, to be more like model team...with these functions that would be great.

Thanks for your comment! Actually I always doubt whether it's really good to decorate a technic MOC with too many system bricks. Some of them look really brilliant, but in my mind they lose some sense of technic.

Probably the coolest Technic vehicle I've ever seen. I love that weapons platform, with its 360 degree range. The functional steering wheel is a nice bonus too. :thumbup:

Thanks for your comment! I am very glad that you like it.

@ms09: After seeing the video and studying the picture below, I don't know how the individual Technic Competition Arrows are fired. There are gears near the "triggers", but how do you sequentially launch them using Power Functions? :look:

12724554367_DISPLAY.jpg

The trigger of fire action is a "Gear & Gear rack" structure, I hope the following images will answer your question:

post-10538-1273226909.jpg

As gears rotate, the gear rack will be pushed to move horizontally.

post-10538-1273226992.jpg

The prominent part of gear rack structure will push the triggers one by one.

So does the automatic gearbox work?

Yes, according to my point of view, it works pretty well. Different resistance will result in different speed and torque.

Edited by ms09

Well aimed, at the last shot. :thumbup: Really impressive Work!

How do you make CAV joints from Lego ?

Please tell me what CAV joints stand for first.

instructions please ..? (:

Maybe I have to learn ABC of LDD first.

Well aimed, at the last shot. :thumbup: Really impressive Work!

Well, both practice and luck are needed :)

CAV means constant angular velocity. Those joints are used in steerable drived wheels in order to maintain rotational speed when turning.

Looks great! Nicely done!

What does the red driving ring and clutch gears on the turret do? Does it select between the weapons tilt and fire functions? Is there a motor that slides the driving ring, or is that done manually?

12724554367_DISPLAY.jpg

Edited by dhc6twinotter

Excellent model, I especially like your mechanism for hitting the launch switches. This is also the first full-blown MOC I've seen with that differential CVT system, and it looks well implemented. :thumbup:

CAV means constant angular velocity. Those joints are used in steerable drived wheels in order to maintain rotational speed when turning.

The CAV joint is realized mainly by two lego elements: technic Steering Arm with 4 Ball Joints and technic Steering CV Joint.

x873cx1.1102063967.jpg

x1029.1074968849.jpg

Looks great! Nicely done!

What does the red driving ring and clutch gears on the turret do? Does it select between the weapons tilt and fire functions? Is there a motor that slides the driving ring, or is that done manually?

Thanks for your comments! You are right, the clutch gears are for mode switch between weapon tilt and fire function, it's manual.

Excellent model, I especially like your mechanism for hitting the launch switches. This is also the first full-blown MOC I've seen with that differential CVT system, and it looks well implemented. :thumbup:

Thanks for your comments! I find that you had a MRLS MOC too :) Could you please provide a video link of it?

annsmall.jpg

I haven't actually taken any videos of it, although that might be fun to do at some point when I have time. The model is pretty old now, but I still have it built.

That is awesome. This is the type of thing I could see Lego actuallu wanting to sell....Great movie and excellent shooting...very clutch! :thumbup:

Thanks for your comments!

PS: I don't believe that Lego would issue a millitary technic set, it's a clear policy of TLG.