Sign in to follow this  
Oky

Little Deaths: EB server issues

I was really shocked when I saw the down EB server.

But I'm happy to see that this site returned :thumbup:

Very good, I am extremely pleased the problem has been solved.

I was starting to get withdrawal symptoms!

Please! No more Cold Turkeys!

But hot turkeys :laugh:

cajun_fried_turkey.23590909_std.JPG

Edited by Bricks

Yes, indeed. Sorry for asking. :blush:

Don't be. I was just giving you a hard time for my own amusement. Hope you had fun too. :tongue:

I nearly freaked out and bricked myself thinking what if something I did before the server went down today might get me banned from here.

I don't know why.

I nearly freaked out and bricked myself thinking what if something I did before the server went down today might get me banned from here.

I don't know why.

Are you implying you did do something and was feeling very guilty :tongue: .

Are you implying you did do something and was feeling very guilty :tongue: .

Well, with his pictures...

While it was a bit annoying, I'm a technical gremlin and myself own a website so I knew pretty much straight away it was just server downtime. :classic:

Well done for bringing all systems back online, captain!

~A.S.

Ah, I was wondering why I couldn't access the site this morning. Many thanks to the server provider for acting fast - it would have been horrible if Eurobricks had suffered a server crash like BZP did last month. :thumbdown:

Thanks for getting Eurobricks back up and providing the best darn community for AFOLs!

Very good, I am extremely pleased the problem has been solved.

I was starting to get withdrawal symptoms!

Please! No more Cold Turkeys!

Well don't store it in the Server room then! nothing but cold turkeys servers in there. :tongue:

We are experiencing today a technical problem causing the site to respond slow or not loading from time to time. We are investigating the issue with our provider. Sorry for this inconvenience!

Oddly enough this happens to me quite often (on EB), I always tought it was because of high activity.

Stauder

Oddly enough this happens to me quite often (on EB), I always tought it was because of high activity.

Never had issues with EB before today. It can also be high activity on your ISP's network.

Never had issues with EB before today. It can also be high activity on your ISP's network.

Yes, it might be a problem outside our server since we don't seem to have any resource issues. We might need to wait for tomorrow because the provider support team is unavailable for the weekend.

I have found that the site is very slow. Also is this the cause of some multiple topics of the same thing?

Was fine until about 20:00 CET. Also suspicious that random threads are getting spammed by outsiders, who are also uploading unwelcome images. Unfortunately.

I have found that the site is very slow. Also is this the cause of some multiple topics of the same thing?

At this point we don't know the cause. We will discuss the matter in detail on Monday morning (European time) with our server provider.

Also suspicious that random threads are getting spammed by outsiders, who are also uploading unwelcome images. Unfortunately.

Please use the site report system to report these to the staff.

Can you share a few examples?

At this point we don't know the cause. We will discuss the matter in detail on Monday morning (European time) with our server provider.

Please use the site report system to report these to the staff.

Can you share a few examples?

Those recent clothes shop thread's in the bionicle and starwars forums...

awesomebrick

Those recent clothes shop thread's in the bionicle and starwars forums...

There was one spambot I just cleaned from the forum. If there are others, please share a link.

However, this seems unrelated with our site loading issue.

There was one spambot I just cleaned from the forum. If there are others, please share a link.

However, this seems unrelated with our site loading issue.

Everything is loading much faster now thank's...

awesomebrick

Not for me unfortunately. Site is having good and bad moments and it sometimes loads very fast but after just a minute or two it will not open at all.

Not for me unfortunately. Site is having good and bad moments and it sometimes loads very fast but after just a minute or two it will not open at all.

Its the same for me. I really do hope this can be resolved soon.

Its the same for me. I really do hope this can be resolved soon.

We need to wait until "Monday". As Bonaparte said we've told our host and that's all we can do for the moment. But yeah, it's bad. :sceptic: