Superkalle

Get access to all the hidden bricks in LDD

@ JunkstyleGio: Just got back from out of town, so I didn't see your post until now. The problem was that the liftarms of the chassis was not spaced correctly - there was a small gap indicating that the entire trailer chassis wasn't "pushed together" tighlty (it would have been so easy to spot and remidy with physical bricks :classic:. Anyway, see picture below. If you close the gap, it will all work.

Thanks...

Will have a try later on.

I've been working on some modifications and an add-on for the the bucket so i have not had the time to read some of the reply's...

Does anyone already noticed that some minifig caps don't fit because internal hole for head upper stud is not present?

I notice it with old foot soldier's helmet (peeron 3844).

Another thing:

I'd like tooltip with colour names for colours in the selection palette!

Does anyone already noticed that some minifig caps don't fit because internal hole for head upper stud is not present?

Another thing:

I'd like tooltip with colour names for colours in the selection palette!

I don't understand why you need them to fit, unless you're making a brickfilm. :wacko: If you make it to buy it, just put it on the side and you can actually put it on yourself when you get it.

Though are there rubber bands in LDD? Any cloth items? I don't think so, but it's nice to know.

Edited by indianajones

Another thing: I'd like tooltip with colour names for colours in the selection palette!

I think the issue with the minifig head has been discussed here (along with some other problems with the new palette): http://www.eurobricks.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=40468

Anyway, all the issues have been reported to the LDD dev team, but I don't know when they will be fixed.

The proposal about the name of colors in the palette is a good one.

I don't understand why you need them to fit, unless you're making a brickfilm. :wacko: If you make it to buy it, just put it on the side and you can actually put it on yourself when you get it.

I like to see my creations complete and functional. Observe them, rotate them, re-observe them, re-rotate them and so on! Until headache! ^______^

However it is a "bug", so I think it is important to fix it! :classic:

However all right, if it is already reported to LEGO!

OK, here's a question: where is this piece. It's not the only part that's missing, but it's the first one I've found that's neither outdated (like the old hinges), brand-new (like the Prince of Persia quarter-dome), or obscure (like most BIONICLE parts). So why can't I find it? :wacko:

OK, here's a question: where is this piece. It's not the only part that's missing, but it's the first one I've found that's neither outdated (like the old hinges), brand-new (like the Prince of Persia quarter-dome), or obscure (like most BIONICLE parts). So why can't I find it? :wacko:

Simply because it's not there :tongue:

No seriously, I'm missing it too. Don't know when Lego will add it, but I'm sure it will be there eventually. Let's hope in the next update. What I do know however, is that Lego don't put bricks in LU-mode according to some systematic plan, but when they are needed by Lego Universe designers. That's why you can have some bricks in there and not others. But maybe with the kind release of LU-mode to the fan community, they may concider adding a few bricks that we fans need. That would be great, huh :grin:

Simply because it's not there :tongue:

No seriously, I'm missing it too. Don't know when Lego will add it, but I'm sure it will be there eventually. Let's hope in the next update. What I do know however, is that Lego don't put bricks in LU-mode according to some systematic plan, but when they are needed by Lego Universe designers. That's why you can have some bricks in there and not others. But maybe with the kind release of LU-mode to the fan community, they may concider adding a few bricks that we fans need. That would be great, huh :grin:

Just surprises me that the LU designers haven't needed that piece. It's being used all the time in sets these days, and with good reason. Of course, it could be because digital bricks, unlike real bricks, don't need to be built too solidly to stay in place. So for them, a 1x1 with clip and a 1x1 plate next to each other might be able to fulfill the same task as a 1x2 with clip, even if playability might be improved in real life with the 1x2 version. :tongue:

I really like LU mode, but I can't find out how you can "paint" the bricks (insert patterns or stickers) which have appeared on that kind of brick before. Is this possible?

I really like LU mode, but I can't find out how you can "paint" the bricks (insert patterns or stickers) which have appeared on that kind of brick before. Is this possible?

1) Drag a brick to the scene (the scence is the area where you build in LDD). Note that you only some bricks can be "painted" with decorations, like 1x1 brick, some tiles, minifig torso, minifig head etc.

2) Select the Decoration tool in the bottom toolbar (hold your mouse over to get info about which button is which).

3) Click on the brick. The available decorations will be shown.

Note (IMPORTANT) that 1x1 brick, torsos etc can only be decorated on ONE side. So if you try to decoration the "back side" of a brick, it will not work.

@Aanchir - sounds like a good analysis too me about availability of 1x2 with clip in LU mode. And you saw I added it in the topic about Wanted Bricks in LDD?

1) Drag a brick to the scene (the scence is the area where you build in LDD). Note that you only some bricks can be "painted" with decorations, like 1x1 brick, some tiles, minifig torso, minifig head etc.

2) Select the Decoration tool in the bottom toolbar (hold your mouse over to get info about which button is which).

3) Click on the brick. The available decorations will be shown.

Note (IMPORTANT) that 1x1 brick, torsos etc can only be decorated on ONE side. So if you try to decoration the "back side" of a brick, it will not work.

@Aanchir - sounds like a good analysis too me about availability of 1x2 with clip in LU mode. And you saw I added it in the topic about Wanted Bricks in LDD?

Actually, minifig heads can be decorated on the front and the back, not to mention the top (the top is for this head's metal plates). Torsos can be decorated on the front and back as well. I think you're right about the bricks though. The only exception I found so far is the 1x2 brick, which can be decorated on both of its narrow (1 stud width) sides with what appears to be a sticker from Custom Cars.

Here is an example LDD file with a fully decorated minifig.

-Toa Of Justice

Edited by Toa_Of_Justice

Great correction TOJ - it just shows how little i use minifigs :blush:. I guess I should have written more clearly that there is a front and back for each brick/torso and you cannot place the front torso graphics on the back etc. Having said that it's interesting that you found out you can decorate the 1x2 brick on two sides - so I guess that's the exception that confirms the rule :classic:

Wow, they made it easy to get open now! Before they had the tab, I opened LU mode by openeing LU files. Sometimes they worked, and sometimes they didnt! This is GREAT news.

WOW this is great, I really enjoyed using LDD before but this enhancement is superb. Oh how I wish we could buy models with these pieces.....!!!

WOW this is great, I really enjoyed using LDD before but this enhancement is superb. Oh how I wish we could buy models with these pieces.....!!!

It's my understanding that you will possibly be able to port them into Lego Universe when it comes out, which in my opinion is cooler, because then you can drive/fly/float them like you never could with your own lego models.

I was digging around in the "definitions" file of LDD on request of my brother, who wanted me to follow up on a suspicion I had that some minifig faces might not "fit" on the way-too-huge decorations palette. The results were not phenomenal-- there was only one decoration for the minifig head that did not appear among the 80 standard options you get with the decoration tool. But it was not a complete letdown, for that one face print was a nice one to have-- the skater minifig from collectible minifigures series 1!

hidden_decorations_1.png

Here's the LDD file for those who'd like to use this.

this is a true imagination mode right here.

this takes me back to my lego days from the with the pieces i remember

kudos to this site for revealing this to us longtime lego fans

Shouldn't this thread be "stickeyed" so that everyone sees it right away?

Shouldn't this thread be "stickeyed" so that everyone sees it right away?

I second the "stickyation" of this thread. It righteously deserves it.

Hi

A quick note from the LDD Dev team:

It seems that some people are editing the application preference file instead of the user preference file…These are the people that see that the file is write protected (have to copy out, edit and copy back in), and those only seeing one line in the file (language=En). The problem with changing this is that it may be overwritten when they reinstall LDD.

The application preference file is the one in the folder where LDD is installed, whereas the application preference file is the one you link to.

So everyone - make sure you read the install instructions for the LU-mode activiation and make sure you edit the right preferences.ini (the one that is linked to in the instructions).

If you can't find the right preferences.ini, it may be because that folder is hidden.

To view hidden folders, you have to first enable this setting:

ShowHiddenFiles.jpg

well , thats all fine and dandy, but WHERE'S THE FRICKIN FOLDER!! :angry::angry::angry: ITS BEEN DRIVIN ME NUTS FOR THE LAST HALF-HOUR!

plz tell me, im kind of a noob at this whole computer thing, dont laugh.

well , thats all fine and dandy, but WHERE'S THE FRICKIN FOLDER!! :angry::angry::angry: ITS BEEN DRIVIN ME NUTS FOR THE LAST HALF-HOUR!

plz tell me, im kind of a noob at this whole computer thing, dont laugh.

Did you read the first post in this thread and more importantly, did you read the LU Activation info at the end of that post. There is the exact path of the file you have to edit.

PS: I don't know your age, but may I remind you that Eurobricks is and AFOL site, so there's no need for three angry smiles and writing in capital letters.

Hello

I have a Apple Mac and im still trying trying put the universe mode on LDD but iv followed the instructions and i can not find or make sense of them! The file does not exist and if i knew where the file was then i would be able to open it on text edit. Please could anyone give me more information on were to find the folder. :sceptic:

Hello

I have a Apple Mac and im still trying trying put the universe mode on LDD but iv followed the instructions and i can not find or make sense of them! The file does not exist and if i knew where the file was then i would be able to open it on text edit. Please could anyone give me more information on were to find the folder. :sceptic:

Hi

Which OS do you have? And which version of LDD?

Hello

Ah, It definatly works on my apple mac so it is just you. Here is a better explained way of doing it:

1. Go to the top of the page and click Go.

2. Now select Computer.

3. Now select the home/name button at the bar to the left.

4. Choose the library folder.

5. Find application support and click it.

6. Find the folder lego company and click it.

7. Select Lego Digital Designer or anything with a similar name.

8. Now there should be a file named preferances.ini.

9. Left click it and open with text editor.

10. Paste the following at the bottom of the script and save.

Themeaccess=LEGOUniverse

11. Reopen LDD and it should be there as a tab at the top of the program.

If it still does not work then it is your computer or the program playing up.