Rate the set  

105 members have voted

1. 1. Vote your opinion

• Poor
    • Below Average
    • Average
    • Above Average
    • Outstanding

Not at all impressed by this very avarage set!

This set was just over �25 when it came out and it does not take a genius to work out which ones better!

Yeah, but when a used and incomplete one (i.e. no minifigs) is $60+ USD on Bricklink, I'll pass. :thumbdown:

Yeah, you've got a point, especially as Greedo is gold dust now. However, if like me you missed out on 4501, you might well settle for the new one.

Looks like I'm settling then. :) :thumbup:

Sorry mutley, but I have to disagree with you this time.

I havn't got this set yet, but hope to get it soon. I personally think it is a very nice design, sure, room for improvement, but nice, none the less. I'm going to ingnore price, as I don't think It's fair to compare a 2004 SWL price to a 2010 one. We all know thay have changed durasticly.

To be honest, 4501 was a really bad set, set wise. Sure, Greedo is great, as is the dewback/sandtrooper. But the set itself was rubbish.

I'm happy with just a landspeeder to be honest. Nice enough figs (would have loved a dewback though :cry_happy: ) And IMO, the landspeeder is quite a good model.

I'm looking forward to this set :classic:

Thanks for the great review!

I just bought this set on Friday. I drove around for two hours visiting about 6 stores before I finally found it (at the one closest to my house :hmpf_bad:)

Not at all impressed by this very avarage set!

8092-1.jpg

This set was just over �25 when it came out and it does not take a genius to work out which ones better!

4501-1.jpg

Although you have a great point, I am thrilled for it since I missed the last one, and the figs are now updated to flesh.

Great review!

It is a big opportunity for collectors to own the classic minifigs from the beginning of the old Trilogy.

But personnally, I won't get this set. I already have C-3PO and R2 from the 7106 Droid Escape. And I also own the 4501 Mos Eisley Cantina.

Otherwise, this set gives me the idea to make custom epaulets for my stormtroopers of the Imperial Landing Craft set.

Maybe I will cut in half a Lego black cape or use black polyester tissue.

Cause I think it supposed to be Sandtroopers in this set and there are only the officers that have (orange) epaulets.

Any ideas when this set is coming out in Australia? Has it been out & I missed it (not long out of my DA)? Is/was it exclusive to a particular store? Thanks in advance to anyone who can help.

Any ideas when this set is coming out in Australia? Has it been out & I missed it (not long out of my DA)? Is/was it exclusive to a particular store? Thanks in advance to anyone who can help.

I can't see Shop@Home NOT having it. I found it in Wal-Mart so it's definetaly not exclusive to any particular store.

I can't see Shop@Home NOT having it. I found it in Wal-Mart so it's definetaly not exclusive to any particular store.

Actually, I do believe this set is exclusive to Wal-Mart, in the United States anyway. TRU online does not have it and the local TRU never had it either. I've never seen it (or a spot on the shelf for it) at Fred Meyer, K-mart, Target or Shopko either. Only at Wal-Mart.

Thanks guys, it has recently appeared as "NEW" on the Australian S@H store but usually the brick & mortars have sets at a better price. We also get some weird store exclusives in Australia. I asked in a local Toyworld store and they said there might be another round of new stuff mid year as it's not featured in our 2010 catalogue. I'll keep my eyes peeled.

A nice-looking set, though I'm not sure why they didn't keep the more accurate sand-red color scheme, or at least use dark tan.

A nice-looking set, though I'm not sure why they didn't keep the more accurate sand-red color scheme, or at least use dark tan.

I'm not sure Lego even makes bricks in sand red anymore. Maybe someone else knows?

This is a fabulous buy for the collector, and will definitely be worth triple the current price in a few years if kept sealed in mint condition. I got one from my local toys r us for £24.99 which i thought is a bargain for the amount of figures you get!

Sure, the cantina set was better, and i would love to see more dewbacks, but in the current price climate of SW Lego i would DEFO snap this one up if i were a collector :thumbup: