Lukemax

Image Uploading / Posting

I looked at your links in the review, and I think that you are just copying the address bar of the picture. You have to right click the picture and click "copy image address". Then just click the rte-image-button.png button and paste the link. :wink:

Here is the easy answer for you when using Brickshelf.

You must pick the image off the first page.

untitled.jpg

It opens on its own to a new page with advertising.

untitled2.jpg

Click on the image again till its on a blank white page on its own.

untitled3.jpg

Then copy that address from the toolbar and wrap in these tags

[img=www.blablah]

The other way is to go to the last possible page and right click on the image. If using Firefox, you can choose 'copy image location'. For IE choose 'properties' and copy the address there. Wrap either in the img tags and you have a winner.

The short answer is that sites will host the images dynamically (for some reason that a smarter person can explain) but they give you access to the static address as well (mentioned in above description)

See how you go.

Doh, should have resized them first, sorry.

Ugh, must we have tutorials in two places? I'm locking this with a link to the site's picture posting tutorial.

(Thanks ISC for the help! :wub: You're a great guy.)

Help!

I've been reading and a member for a while but I have never posted my own MOCs before.

Recently trying to post I did these:

[img ] Fort Cliff[ /img]

and when I previewed it told me this:

You are not allowed to use that image extension on this board. A valid format is: http://www.domain.com/picture.gif, an invalid format is: http://www.domain.com/picture.one.gi

So, how do post from flickr or what did I do wrong?

Thanks for the help,

Puriri de Vry

Hey! What you have to do to post pictures is simple once you find out how.

What you have to do is go to the pictures, then click "All Sizes" at the top. You'll get a bigger picture. You can right click and select "Copy image address". Once you've done that, you can just paste it into the image box.

I'll try to get a screenshot tutorial of it up quickly.

You need to go to 'all sizes', and then you click the size you want, and copy the link beneath 'Grab the photo's URL:'

But, it only works with your own pictures.

Edit: too late :hmpf:

Edited by commdr_neyo

Here we go.

1. Go to your photostream.

4320259725_0f7c8ffab6_o.jpg

2. Click on the image you'd like to deeplink.

4320994520_4860fe8d1c_o.jpg

3. Click the "All Sizes" button. Make sure to first select the an image size - that meets the site guidelines - at the top.

4320994590_f6f066b336_o.jpg

4. Right click and select "Copy Image Address". Paste it into the Eurobricks insert image box.

4320994696_f6c38da80b_o.jpg

I hope this helps!

Edited by Ricecracker

One more thing: according to flick if you post a photograph on flickr elsewhere, the picture should be a link. Using the board's method doesn't actually do that. Instead you can type code directly, which is what I always do:

[url=link to photo page][img=link to actual picture][/url]

Where the link to the photo page is just that and where the link to the actual picture is the deeplink for the medium size picture you find using ricecracker's method and that ends with .jpg

Cheers,

Ralph

Edited by Ralph_S

Ricecracker, you could turn this into a tutorial... you've got all the pictures ready for it. :wink:

Good that you got the pictures to work, but they don;t link back to flickr.

From the Flickr Community guidelines

"Do link back to Flickr when you post your Flickr content elsewhere.

The Flickr service makes it possible to post content hosted on Flickr to outside web sites. However, pages on other web sites that display content hosted on flickr.com must provide a link from each photo or video back to its page on Flickr."

If you don't adhere to the guidelines, they may shut down your account and simply deeplinking to a picture isn't enough. Ignore this at your own peril. :skull:

If we want to make this into a tutorial we'd better make sure we get it right!

Cheers,

Ralph

Edited by Ralph_S

Something that I always use, and this might be for pro account only, but the page where you are looking at whatever size you selected, instead of having to right click the image, if you scroll down, they have the image URL there for you.

Ricecracker, you could turn this into a tutorial... you've got all the pictures ready for it. :wink:

Seconded, a good tutorial Ricecracker. :thumbup::sweet:

CommanderFox

I was tring to right a review. When i went to upload it from my pictures and it says something about dynamic pics. It says the same thing when I upload it to brickshelf and type in the picture link. Then I posted the review as a WIP and it posted a second thread. Why?

When i went to upload it from my pictures and it says something about dynamic pics. It says the same thing when I upload it to brickshelf and type in the picture link.

You don't type in a picture link to upload to Brickshelf, you navigate the browser to the file and click it directly. If it isn't accepting the file you click, you're not pointing it at something with a suitable extension (jpg, gif, png). If that's the problem, you need to solve that first. Your images must be in a standard acceptable format to be uploaded there or posted here and named accordingly.

Then I posted the review as a WIP and it posted a second thread. Why?

You created two topics. The forum software can't just create a second topic unless you do.

I don`t think this thread should be in the pirates section, but you should deeplink you`r pictures. There is a tutorial on how to somewhere, but I have to look for it. I`ll post it when I find it.

Edited by General Redwater

Here ya go.

If you aren't able to upload the pics, make sure that the url's of the pics end in .jpg, .png, or .gif. There might be other file types, but that's all I can think of.

Sorry to say EB doesn't have the space to allow all members to store images here. Thus the attachment space is rather puny.

I'll move this to Website and Forums.