Sign in to follow this  
Zorro

Bayonets at Dawn

Do the pictures have to be perfect? I ask this because my camera isn`t that good.
Thats one of the problems with standard Lego contests. If someone has a High-Def Digital Camera, lots of gadgets and macro shot, And a nice white background with super shiny polished bricks. They make their entry stick out and they win the Tournament hands down, Not that their entry isn't bad, But review nearly every contest on this forum. I bet its a clear photoed entry. :pir_laugh2:

The pictures don't have to be perfect, but it's always good to have the best pictures you can. Usually the winning entries have both a great MOC, and also good pictures that show how good the MOC is. An entry might have perfect pictures, but if the MOC is terrible I guarantee it still won't win. :pir-wink:

I need to do my research, this looks like a great contest. But I have a question, do the soldiers have to be 100% accurate. I want to make a battle with france, but I only have redcoats.

That's fine. :pir-classic:

I look forward to seeing your entries everyone!

I call Bunker Hill!It's my favorite battle and I just want to show lobsterbacks getting shot trying to go up a hill. :pir_laugh2: (And yes I know i can't "really" call a MOC I was just saying.)

I think I must just enter. I don't have many pirate or soldiers though, so...Barbary pirates!! :pir_laugh2:

I absolutely love this! I can't wait to see the entries :pir-sweet:

I hope someone does Trafalgar or the Nile. It would take so many bricks and so much time but it

would be absolutely worth it in the end.

I will probably enter in this one with a sea battle. better get builing!

Just wanted to double check that American Civil War was ok....

As far as I know yes. It fits in the time period so you should be fine. :pir-classic:

I like the idea. Hopefully I will see a lot of my favorite builders competing at this contest.

Maybe I will join too, if I have the time an the material in place ...

Woody64

Ooooh, I'm thinking of a battle from Canada. Very nice prizes, and thanks to those who are hosting this contest.

*runs off to find some bluecoats on bricklink*

I don't have a lot of bricks and Admiral Woodhouse doesn't have a lot have a lot of minifigs so we were (We were not 100% sure yet) wondering if we could team up and combine our resources. If we won we would split the prize, I doubt we would win, but is this allowed?

Edited by Ratshot

H'm, looks interesting! Now, to decide which battle to build...

The second prize is as usual on Eurobricks/Classic-Pirates.com sponsored by the Sicilian mafia with whom we have good relations :pir-tongue:

Wow. :pir-tongue:

So... It has to be based on a real battle?

I was thinking of doing a vig with two ships broadsiding each other... maybe the battle of flamborough head would work...

:pir_yoda:

Good luck everyone, I can't wait to see some of the creations that come up.

The Pirate fans always deliver!

I am so entering, I just need to research a battle... TO THE INTERWEBS!!

You're already there :pir-tongue:

I don't have a lot of bricks and Admiral Woodhouse doesn't have a lot have a lot of minifigs so we were (We were not 100% sure yet) wondering if we could team up and combine our resources. If we won we would split the prize, I doubt we would win, but is this allowed?

Sorry but no, one entry per person but no teams please.

So... It has to be based on a real battle?

Yes.

Much luck and fun everyone.

Are samurai and othe battles that were fought inJapan in that time frame be permissable? they did use muskets :pir-tongue:

Yes, that is allowed. Thinking on the movie "The last samurai". :pir-sweet:

I think I must just enter. I don't have many pirate or soldiers though, so...Barbary pirates!! :pir_laugh2:

An excellent choice! :thumbup:

Question, how big does it have to be ?

My brain is already planning what I'm going to do, something from around the time of the American Civil War, but not in America, else where - can any Aussie's guess what I might be doing ? :pir-wink:

I'm a conformist! everyone ! :pir-sweet:

This looks like loads of fun! Questions later, but thanks to the EB staff for starting this. :pir_laugh2:

I was wondering, am I allowed to use my redcoats as French?

Well, it has to be historicly accurate, has France ever worn red coats?nIf yes, go for it!

Question, how big does it have to be ?

There is NO minimum or limit. It could be real small, or huge!

Hey! I am planning to do the epic battle of Cerignola. But part of it uses heavy knights, pikemans... Will I be disclassified for this:

Thx.

It should be okay, for it is in the timeline. It was also the first battle won with gunpowder! :cannon:

Hey! I am planning to do the epic battle of Cerignola. But part of it uses heavy knights, pikemans... Will I be disclassified for this:

Thx.

I think that should be fine. :pir-classic: