Superkalle

Get access to all the hidden bricks in LDD

Will this work for Windows Vista?

I've just tried it with Windows Vista, and it's not letting me save - permission is denied, whatever I try to do.

M.

I've just tried it with Windows Vista, and it's not letting me save - permission is denied, whatever I try to do.

M.

Darn that pesky Windows Vista! That's why I switched to Windows 7. Much better! :thumbup:

Here's a work-around, my friend:

EDIT: Try the suggestions in this post: http://www.eurobricks.com/forum/index.php?...mp;#entry720082

Feel free to ask any more tech support questions...

Awesome stuff! Great job guys and a super thanks to Lego and their team for letting us have this!

Now on a side note, do you guys know if there are any pieces in the un-lock mod from Bojan that are not in the Universe mode?

This seems like a silly question, but are the regular modes still available with this? (in the off chance I get "piece overload" :tongue: )

And do you guys think it would be easy to revert back to the older LDD with the un-lock just in case? I'm pretty sure I won't need it, but just in case the pieces are too buggy or something.

Once again, Thanks for this! I couldn't be more happy now :cry_happy:

:oh3: New pieces and some from the minifig collection series? Amazing!

Awesome, but I can't seem to find any Lego Digital Designer folder, just the program itself...

You have to enable hidden files/folders. Just go to YouTube and search "how to show hidden files on __________" (whatever operating system you have) if you're unsure on how to do that :classic:

I've been using this for a while now, but it's a bit annoying how there are so many Bionicle minifigs and that you can't put the figs on the cow or horse. :cry_sad:

Edited by prateek

Darn that pesky Windows Vista! That's why I switched to Windows 7. Much better! :thumbup:

Here's a work-around, my friend. Try this: First, copy the original file from the folder to a new folder on the Desktop, to Documents, or where ever convenient. Then, open the file at the new location. Edit it accordingly. And finally copy and paste the edited file back into the original folder. When you are asked, select the "Copy and Replace" option. That should do the trick. :wink:

Feel free to ask any more tech support questions...

I would have Windows 7 if it wasn't so damned expensive! I live on limited means...

Anyway, thanks for the help, much appreciated! Working now and finally I can add those bay windows to my WIP Medical Clinic!

M.

I love this new program!!! Thanks, LEGO! :thumbup:

I don't know if anyone's found this piece yet:

4518809247_60dedd7e13_o.png

Could we be getting this new cap anytime soon?

Q: Wow, with LU-mode I can make bricks any color, even in colors that haven’t been produced – like transparent tires.

A: Yes, that’s both a strength and weakness. A strength because when Lego releases a brick in a new color, it’s easy to apply it. A weakness because there is a risk that you apply a color that isn’t available and when you try to order the bricks, they don’t exist.

I have 6+ transparent tires. They were available in old basketball sets. I got them of a PaB wall at a Lego store. If you want, I have pictures. :tongue:

This is great news for people who love to fool around on LDD without the intention of purchasing their creation. Too bad I'm not one of them.

Edited by Darth Legolas

Now on a side note, do you guys know if there are any pieces in the un-lock mod from Bojan that are not in the Universe mode?

Good question. I was wondering the same thing.

This seems like a silly question, but are the regular modes still available with this? (in the off chance I get "piece overload" :tongue: )

And do you guys think it would be easy to revert back to the older LDD with the un-lock just in case? I'm pretty sure I won't need it, but just in case the pieces are too buggy or something.

I would definitely think this would be possible. Try removing the edits and re-saving the file. That should get the old not Universe-enabled palette back. If you are in an already opened model, going to View > New themes would allow you to switch palettes to the regular Design By Me palette.

I'm using windows vista.

I update the file using a text editor but LU still doesn't show up when I start LDD. :(

PS There is only one other line in the preferences folder.

I'm using windows vista.

I update the file using a text editor but LU still doesn't show up when I start LDD. :(

PS There is only one other line in the preferences folder.

That's strange. The original .ini file should contain more than one line...

If at all possible, try reinstalling LLD and run it for the first time without the edit. Then edit the file using Notepad and try again.

This is great! Finally something for us. The only thing I dislike about this is that every part in the parts catalog [the thing on the left of the screen] is red, I know you can change them after you start building, but it makes it hard to see what is what. :thumbdown:

You probably meant you'd like to see the parts in the parts catalog in a variety of colors all at once, but one thing you are able to do is change the all of the parts in the parts catalog from red to any other color. Just select a new color from the Color Palette. It looks like a speech balloon with a red, yellow, and blue 1x1 brick and is located just below the words "LEGO Universe" at the top of the parts catalog.

Personally, I'm still trying to figure out the Decoration tool. For the life of me, I can't get it to do anything.

[EDIT] Never mind, I guess I was trying to use it only on parts that can't be decorated.

Edited by UdaQuai

That's strange. The original .ini file should contain more than one line...

If at all possible, try reinstalling LLD and run it for the first time without the edit. Then edit the file using Notepad and try again.

Ok, I got it working. The original .ini file just had the line language=en before I added the LU line.

I had to copy and replace the file again (didn't work the first time I did it).

Personally, I'm still trying to figure out the Decoration tool. For the life of me, I can't get it to do anything.

The decoration tool works only on certain elements that have decoration options. For those that do not, the tool does nothing.

For those that do: Select an element (like a road plate, for example), and place it onto the grid. Select the Decorations tool and click on the element you want to "decorate." There should then be a tool-tip showing your options. Click one and voila!

By the way, trying the decoration tool with road plates may garner interesting results... :sceptic:

I love this new program!!! Thanks, LEGO! :thumbup:

I don't know if anyone's found this piece yet:

4518809247_60dedd7e13_o.png

Could we be getting this new cap anytime soon?

I know I've seen that somewhere, but I think it's an old piece that came with a rare minifig. Edit: it's this minifig: http://www.brickshelf.com/cgi-bin/gallery.cgi?i=3430989 I do wish we'll get this in a set sometime soon... I didn't know they had the mystery fig parts. :sweet:

(Edit: nevermind, I got sorta confused...)

Edited by indianajones

(a quick question, I don't have LDD on my computer, do I need to download it?)

In order to use the bricks, you must have LDD downloaded and installed.

This is really cool! I'm really digging the expanded possibilities here, though I'd like more versatility with technic half pins. Most of my builds involve a half pin stuck in the bottom of a 1x1 brick, or something similar.

Like this:

4519296842_1f791c4280_m.jpg

LEGO doesn't want you to break the virtual bricks :tongue:

Regarding the all red issue. Have people figured out how to change the color of the bricks by now, or do you need a little more time?

BTW. I encourage you all to send in bug reports when there are missing connections.

I installed it succsesfully on windows vista........ strange to hear about your problems on vista

C:\Users\Name???\AppData\Roaming\LEGO Company\LEGO Digital Designer\preferences.ini

copied, pasted on the botom and worked!!

Oh wow, I didn't realize the implications of this until the thread got front paged. :wacko:

I gotta try this out later!

can we BUY the stuff we make still? This is amazing.

Questions shows your age :wink:

Quote from first post:

"Lego is making LU-mode available to us LDD fans as-is. There is no support at all and you use it fully at your own risk. And naturally, bricks used in LU-mode are not possible to buy through DesignByMe or Pick-A-Brick. "