Superkalle

New DesignByMe/LDD/Pick-A-Brick palette

Thanks for complementing my pic Toa_of_Justice. Teamwork :classic:

EDIT:

And yeah, the graphics/decorations look really bad.

Another one they messed up with is the 1x1 brick with the eye. It should look like this: http://www.bricklink.com/catalogItem.asp?P=3005pb11

(compare to the one in LDD which is stretched)

You're welcome! :thumbup:

At first, I thought that was this piece (with an elliptical eye). I know better now though. :tongue: Thanks for pointing that out.

Between the lack of Atlantis minifig parts and all those misprinted pieces, LEGO seems to have a lot on their hands. I suspect that the reason the whole update was delayed is because they were trying to fix the misprinted pieces, and they may have also been in the process of including Atlantis minifig parts. I hope LEGO rectifies this situation soon...

-Toa Of Justice

I think the new palette is quite good, the highlights being the dynamite and the control panels! :thumbup: But all that red will come in less use than the older parts which have been removed IMO. :sceptic:

Aw man, I noticed this thread too late! There were a few pieces among those that I still wanted to get. :cry_sad: Oh well, that's what I get for waiting so long, I guess. But the newly added pieces are great IMO, highlights being the SW control panels, 7-blade propeller, light green windows, and the golden gates! :sweet: I wont make the same mistake twice and will order these as soon as they're available, which is hopefully soon (assuming the prices are decent, of course)!

Edited by Oky Wan Kenobi

Really interesting new pieces, especially concerning MFs :sweet:

BTW, looks like there are things needing to be fixed :laugh: Look at the poor guy, his head is about to explode!

explnldder.jpg

Edited by BlueBard

Yay, new parts!

Looks like a wonderful selection! The $100 bill, Power Miners dynamite, 2 x 4 tiles, dark bley 2 x 2 jumper plate, reddish brown paddle, larger claw/teeth, cutlass, and ice cream are the most interesting to me. :oh:

BTW, looks like there are things needing to be fixed :laugh: Look at the poor guy, his head is about to explode!

*snip*

:laugh:

Are the new pieces not showing up for anyone else? All I see is a red x instead of a picture. Well the only one I am interested is the Mini Knights Helmet. Sounds like I definitely want to get those in bulk. But I can't see what it looks like.

OMG, look at the weird bricks here:

LDD%203.JPG

It`s look like the Lego Company has got a software problems :sceptic: but there are a lot of great stuff, look at the 4x7 chassis :sweet: and at the new accessories too. It seems that this year my dreams will come true (specially to make a serious Town collection)! :wub:

Edited by Highster 11

Aww, they're getting rid of the smiley face and the classic tire... :(

Drats. I waited too long to order No. 1 head. :cry_sad:

Why are they getting rid of the famous classic smiley head? That is like a trademark of Lego.

Yeah, I can't believe they are getting rid of it. I've ordered 2,500 of that head and know that Lego has run out of them on occassion so I'm a bit surprised that they say that it didn't sell well.

Under accessories, they now list a part called "butt" for $0.17. Now I'm curious as to what that is.

Under accessories, they now list a part called "butt" for $0.17. Now I'm curious as to what that is.

Ha, ha, that's so funny. Maybe it's supposed to go with the banana? :laugh:

LDD%203.JPG

Does the three leaved plant have a bar hole in real life?

:wacko: ... :laugh:

Does the three leaved plant have a bar hole in real life?

Well spotted Dr. Jones!

On all plants I have, there is no hole. However on the Pick-A-Brick image, there is one. Seems to be an updated mold. Let's see when and if the first physical elements with a hole shows up.

Plant.jpg

Edited by superkalle

My guess is that TLG are discontinuing the classic smile face as a part across the board in favor of the newer heads with the white dots in the eyes etc.

Well, I've gotten the new version. Haven't built much with it yet, but a lot of the parts seem like they'll be useful.

It's a pity the black torso with dark bley hands is gone. I used to like using it as a "placeholder" for other torsos, and with so many Trans. Bright Green ATLANTIS parts, I'm sure it'd be great with some Blacktron III MOCs (to be replaced with Rench's torso if I ever got around to purchasing or building the MOCs in real life).

Anyone feel like taking pictures of the new minifig pieces? Like the Knight helmet, and any new torsos and heads. And their appropriate name of course.

That's the minifigure torch element, slightly redone:

new_torch_from_april_2010.png

Anyone feel like taking pictures of the new minifig pieces? Like the Knight helmet, and any new torsos and heads. And their appropriate name of course.

Can do...will do...done! :tongue:

Be careful, it's quite large: Brickshelf Link

Some of those pieces may not be entirely new, and unfortunately, since LEGO uses ambiguous numbers to identify their minifig heads and torsos, I have no idea which numbers go with which pieces. :wacko: And...LOL at "Frogman's Feet" and "Mini Lower Part Koks/Orange." :laugh:

-Toa Of Justice

EDIT: HUGE PROBLEM: I tried to build a simple knight using the new Mini Knights Helmet, only to discover that it does not seem to fit on any of the heads!!! :cry_sad:

Edited by Toa_Of_Justice

Sweet! They have the Camper girl's hair! :cry_happy: That new torch piece also looks useful. But that Knights Helmet doesn't look very dark grey, does it? :sceptic:

I think I'll hold off on ordering until I can actually see what I'm ordering.

...and "Mini Lower Part Koks/Orange." :laugh:

Ha, ha ...yet another mishap. Well spotted TOJ!

I guess it's problem with using a Danish word - koks (eng: Coke, the fuel made from Coal) and its dark brown color? Or maybe it's a coded message :laugh:

Can do...will do...done! :tongue:

Be careful, it's quite large: Brickshelf Link

Some of those pieces may not be entirely new, and unfortunately, since LEGO uses ambiguous numbers to identify their minifig heads and torsos, I have no idea which numbers go with which pieces. :wacko: And...LOL at "Frogman's Feet" and "Mini Lower Part Koks/Orange." :laugh:

-Toa Of Justice

EDIT: HUGE PROBLEM: I tried to build a simple knight using the new Mini Knights Helmet, only to discover that it does not seem to fit on any of the heads!!! :cry_sad:

Okay thanks for the picture. Well I guess I will just get the Knights helmet.

Edited by lego40k

Hasn't anyone noticed the price increase? Small legs have increased from 9p to 28p, 1X1 bricks have increased by 1p each and the same for studs :sad: . I'm excited about the new parts, especially the pizza and the banana, but 28p for a banana? That's expensive.

I also found out that the parts are picked by hand. So if you order 999 bricks, someone has to count every one of them :oh3:

I was hoping that my first post on this forum wouldn't be a rant. :sceptic:

Hasn't anyone noticed the price increase? Small legs have increased from 9p to 28p, 1X1 bricks have increased by 1p each and the same for studs :sad: . I'm excited about the new parts, especially the pizza and the banana, but 28p for a banana? That's expensive.

I also found out that the parts are picked by hand. So if you order 999 bricks, someone has to count every one of them :oh3:

I was hoping that my first post on this forum wouldn't be a rant. :sceptic:

I was hoping they'd increase some of the color options and include some of the parts from the newer sets...

I'm excited about the new parts, especially the pizza and the banana, but 28p for a banana? That's expensive.

Isn't a real banana cheaper? :tongue: