Sign in to follow this  
Morgan19

All replies are suddenly "branching tree" variety?

Yes, that probably it. I'll merge this later.

Yes, indeed that was the problem, thanks for the help everyone. Feel free to merge the topics using your WALRUS POWERS :tongue:

Yes, indeed that was the problem, thanks for the help everyone. Feel free to merge the topics using your WALRUS POWERS :tongue:

Cool!

*Blat* *Phzzz*

Done! :sweet:

I have just come onto the forums after looking at another couple of sites and realised that the forum set up has changed for me which is that the replys to a topic are as a list at the bottom of the page.

How would I go about changing it back

Thers already been a couple threads on this, but they're buried, so all you have to do is click on that button that says "options". (It's under the "add reply" button at the top of the page.) A list will drop down. Under "Display Modes" click "standard".

Edited by Spyder

Thanks for that

I am not sure why it changed

Edited by danim

Thanks for that

I am not sure why it changed

MOD's you can remove this topic now

Topic is merged instead.

I suspect you could have clicked it unknowingly to activate the outline mode.

thanks, after reading the posts previously it would appear that it is google that causes the switch

Dear All,

I've read through the introductory guides and gone through "My Controls", but either Eurobricks has changed or I've knocked some setting, and would appreciate your help! Threads used to display linearly - ie I could see the topic starter and then everyone's comments with their sigfigs and everything appearing below it. However, in the last week it's changed so I can only see a "lugnet" style thread diagram with who's replying to who under the first post in a tree diagram fashion. I much preferred it the old way; therefore is it possible please for me to change this setting back to the old settings, and if so how?

Try 'Options', top right of the thread header. Select 'Standard' - should do the trick :wink:.

Ah, thanks so much. I'm most impressed (especially as a response took a mere 4 minutes!). I knew it would be a deceptively obvious solution!

Ah, thanks so much. I'm most impressed (especially as a response took a mere 4 minutes!). I knew it would be a deceptively obvious solution!

You're welcome :classic:. Actually just luck I happened by right then!

I had it set to 'Linear+' all of a sudden recently. That displayed the topic start at the top of every page. Now you have all three options complete (outline, standard, and linear+) :grin:

Threads used to display linearly - ie I could see the topic starter and then everyone's comments with their sigfigs and everything appearing below it. However, in the last week it's changed so I can only see a "lugnet" style thread diagram with who's replying to who under the first post in a tree diagram fashion.

I've merged your topic with a previous one discussing the same issue.

Hi, Recently I was browsing the site and suddenly the layout changed, meaning I have to click on each post to see replies! This is realy realy annoying because my computer is slow when it comes to the internet. Is this the new way, or do I get to choose?

Hi, Recently I was browsing the site and suddenly the layout changed, meaning I have to click on each post to see replies! This is realy realy annoying because my computer is slow when it comes to the internet. Is this the new way, or do I get to choose?

Try 'Options', top right of the thread, then 'Standard' - should do the trick. :wink:

@Mods - I suspect this will need to be merged....

Edit: with this one?

Edited by Rufus

At the top of the page, right side, click on the drop down 'Options' menu. Set 'Display mode' to Standard, then you should be back to normal.

Cheers!

Edit: I was too slow, sorry for unnecessary post

Edited by gratefulnat

Oh, thanks, I did look there but that option obviosly slipped my eyes. You can remove the topic or merge it if you wish. (P.S: is there a way to prevent it?)

Okay so I logged on early yesterday morning and looked at a topic. The topic came up as the first post with a bunch of links to replies. Is this a new server problem or what because I hate it. I can take a picture if you like.

Okay so I logged on early yesterday morning and looked at a topic. The topic came up as the first post with a bunch of links to replies. Is this a new server problem or what because I hate it. I can take a picture if you like.

Sounds like this.

Not sure what you mean exactly by that buddy...

Please do take a screenshot.

There's no need; Rick has given the correct answer.

Rick and Siegfried are correct. This topic may be locked now.

Glad to be of service. I'll merge it with the other topic. :sweet:

got a huge problem on my hands!

i cant view any comments on topics at all, if there are pages i just see the original post over and over.

im guessing your going to have to pm me with any suggestions you have.

btw its good to be back, sorry ive been away for a very long time.

Weird, I don't seem to have this problem, I wonder if it might be cache related