Sign in to follow this  
-JD-

Death Star Laser Chamber

gallery_101_23_281.gif

Starkiller arrives at the Death Star, confronted by the Empire's 'elite' troops. Ploughing through the first wave, he finds his way through the maze of corridors into the Laser Chamber. Alerted to his presence, the stationed Stormtroopers attempt to stop him!

Overview:

overview.jpg

top.jpg

Using his kick-a$$ moves, he sends the inferior soldiers flying back into the laser!

starkiller.jpg

stormie.jpg

fried.jpg

deaded.jpg

officer.jpg

Other:

characters.jpg

No figures:

no_figs.jpg

Laser:

laser.jpg

Hope you like it. C&C welcome. :classic:

Very nice!

I was gonna say it was instantly recognizable, but right now I'm doubting :grin:

The gates/fences and the consoles between them near the beam are making me doubt.

Does this take place in that big corridor, where you have to hurry to get in the little alcoves (right word?) with the doors, to escape from the beam, and then later run to the next, and so on? Cause, with the gates and the consoles, it doesn't look like that, but right now I can't think of anything else it could be.

But nevertheless, you've done a great job at it!

Regards,

CF W

Very cool, I really dig the way you suspended a few figs to give the effect of the force. The green trans pieces used for the shield pieces really work. I love it.

Very cool looking MOC 'Jammiedodger714' - excellent trans-green laser path ! :grin:

Man, can that Starkiller use the force eh ? :devil:

The all black scene sets the mood that's for sure. :vader:

Great design and I'm a conformist! 'Jammiedodger714' I'm a conformist! ! :sweet:

I was gonna say it was instantly recognizable, but right now I'm doubting :grin:

Unlike you, I did recognize this instantly, just from the secret apprentice's pose. I really like the laser effect :thumbup:

Unlike you, I did recognize this instantly, just from the secret apprentice's pose. I really like the laser effect :thumbup:

I recognized what it was alright (besides, it does say 'TFU' in the second title).

But what I couldn't recognize right away was the location. Hence my question to Jammiedodger714.

Regards,

CF W

Edited by CF WeaZZel

Very good quality of your pictures. I like the big radar dishes for laser, however the picture of your

model all clean with no laser and minifigs is a very nice one. Would like to see more MOC´s like this

in vignette style. Keep MOCing Jammie.

I think you should change part of the officer in the beam into a skeleton.

The beam does disintegrate enemies anyway

Nice one, JD! I really like it. The beam is indeed very cool (I envy you for those pieces) and the posing of the figs is good. The only thing that bugs me is that there is a floor dividing the beam. It just doesn't make sense. I would leave the floor out and try to find a different way of attaching the beam to the rest of the vignette. Also:

Agreed. That officer looks rather healthy for the fact that his head is sticking into a beam that can destroy planets. :tongue:

The gates/fences and the consoles between them near the beam are making me doubt.

Does this take place in that big corridor, where you have to hurry to get in the little alcoves (right word?) with the doors, to escape from the beam, and then later run to the next, and so on? Cause, with the gates and the consoles, it doesn't look like that, but right now I can't think of anything else it could be.

Thanks.

Yes, it is supposed to be the corridor. I thought while playing TFU it was a bit silly not to have anything keeping the troops away from the laser, so I put in the barriers. I made this before I got the PS3 version, so it was part imagination and part real. :grin:

Very cool looking MOC 'Jammiedodger714' - excellent trans-green laser path ! :grin:

Man, can that Starkiller use the force eh ? :devil:

The all black scene sets the mood that's for sure. :vader:

Great design and I'm a conformist! 'Jammiedodger714' I'm a conformist! ! :sweet:

Thanks!

Very good quality of your pictures. I like the big radar dishes for laser, however the picture of your

model all clean with no laser and minifigs is a very nice one. Would like to see more MOC´s like this

in vignette style. Keep MOCing Jammie.

Very nice of you Ras. Thank you! :classic:

This looks awesome! Great use of the green translucent pieces! :thumbup:

Hehe. Thanks.

The beam does disintegrate enemies anyway

I could have I suppose. Too late now. :sceptic:

Besides, he isn't in the laser, but inbetween the beams. :tongue:

Nice one, JD! I really like it. The beam is indeed very cool (I envy you for those pieces) and the posing of the figs is good. The only thing that bugs me is that there is a floor dividing the beam. It just doesn't make sense. I would leave the floor out and try to find a different way of attaching the beam to the rest of the vignette.

Thanks.

A floor? I don't understand what you mean. Are you talking about the sides of the laser being empty?

A floor? I don't understand what you mean. Are you talking about the sides of the laser being empty?

No, I'm talking about the black part underneath it.

Ah, I see. :classic: You're right there, and it is bugging me now too! :tongue:

Maybe I will redo the vignette with all the new ideas. :thumbup:

This is really cool, especially since it's one of the scenes from the force unleashed I least expected to see made in lego. This brings up good memories of stormtrooper chukking :grin:

BTW if the black part under the laser is upsetting you then maybe you should raise up the rest of the vignette and make the actual platform mostly dark grey. This way the black floor under the laser looks more like an abyss.

Thanks.

Yes, it is supposed to be the corridor. I thought while playing TFU it was a bit silly not to have anything keeping the troops away from the laser, so I put in the barriers. I made this before I got the PS3 version, so it was part imagination and part real. :grin:

Alright, thanks for explaining :classic:

And yes, I do agree that it's weird they weren't better protected from the beam :grin:

Anyhoo, still a great creation. Nice going with the Force-moves :thumbup:

CF W

Maybe I will redo the vignette with all the new ideas. :thumbup:

That would be great! :sweet:

And yes, I do agree that it's weird they weren't better protected from the beam :grin:

Hehe, yeah, this reminds me of that bit from Family Guy: Blue Harvest. :laugh:

The scene looks great and I just love pushing the stormies into the laser on the game! :grin:

Hehe, yeah, this reminds me of that bit from Family Guy: Blue Harvest. :laugh:

Quote on!

"So anyway I say, forget the dental plan, forget sick leave I just want a railing. You know, one railing right here!"

"I know I almost fallen over that thing so many times. So what'd they say?"

"Oh, get this they said they'd be worried that we would be leaning all day.

"Oh ho they said that?"

"Yea"

"Pfft... Well none of this will matter when we're famous singers."

:grin:

Edited by Roncanator

Old picture of a first draft:

lego_pictures_257.jpg

Edited by -JD-

Interesting burning effect in the first one. :classic: I haven't seen anything form TFU, but when did Darth Vader install barriers? Maybe you could try it in a different color, or maybe with some highlights so it isn't completely black. Is that laser on the barrier supposed to be flying out of the Stormtrooper's hand, or is it lying around?

Edited by indianajones

I haven't played TFU, but the glowing orange lightsaber wound reminds me of the fantastic Jedi Outcast and I approve :)

Thanks. :laugh: Gotta love some of Family Guy. :thumbup:

Old picture of a first draft:

lego_pictures_257.jpg

Thought it would be interesting for you to see the difference. :classic:

Not bad, it's fun to see rough drafts, I definetaly like the finished result you posted better.

Excellent vig. Great deal of detail and smart use of the trans-green pieces for the beam. I had lots of trouble on this level of TFU on PS3 :tongue: .

Edited by Clone RC-1138

I don't know how I am only seeing this now.

A great MOC with a brilliant technique used for the superlaser.