Sign in to follow this  
Atr

Maz 5434 Trial Truck

Hi, my name is Kuba and I'm from Poland. I've been playing Lego as an AFOL for some time but until now I was only a member of polish LUG lugpol.pl. Today I'm changing it :)

I present a vehicle designed to participate in Lego Truck Trial races GPM (GP Mazovia) 2010 that take place in Poland. This truck is my third version of Maz 5434. First and second version was driven on GPM 2009 and won it.

4_suspension_1.jpg_thumb.jpg

Truck is powered by NXT and uses it's all 3 motors. One for steering, one for driving and one to operate the gearbox. Gearbox has 2 speeds and a "neutral position" which allows coasting. It is based on a driving ring.

gearbox06.jpg_thumb.jpg

Vehicle is remotely controlled by a mobile phone using Bluetooth connection. Both, NXT and mobile application is written by me in Java (to program NXT LeJOS was used).

It has winch which can be turned on by switching red lever in the cabin (in front of the fake engine).

1_main.jpg_thumb.jpg

In every tire there are 7 small 30.4x14 small tires to prevent slipping tires on the wheels and add some weight low over the ground.

7_tyre.jpg_thumb.jpg

Brickshelf gallery

Edited by Atr

Very impressive for such a large model! How is the steeing? I suppose you didnt use differentials?

Very impressive for such a large model! How is the steeing? I suppose you didnt use differentials?

No, I didn't. (except one in the front turntable, but this has alternative functionality)

NXT motor has enough power to seamlessly steer wheels without differential.

Excellent model!

Both aesthetic and functions are great.

I like your video. Nice!

Great truck! The maneuverability and it´s climbing abilities are spectacular.

How do you control it? Another NXT?

How do you control it?
Vehicle is remotely controlled by a mobile phone using Bluetooth connection. Both, NXT and mobile application is written by me in Java (to program NXT LeJOS was used).

Yes, that's right, thanks backbone.

Mobile phone is more handy and has more buttons.