KimT

Yavin IV Final Scene Diorama

I think you should frontpage this for yourself :grin:

:laugh:

I missed this comment at the first read-through.

I think it's bad style for me to frontpage myself - perhaps another staff members drops by and thinks it's worth it.

If not, then I've had plenty of praises at LEGO World to keep me on a high for the next year or so.

Now I need to figure out what next year's diorama is supposed to be.

Any ideas on what to use 1998 2 x 2 tan tiles for?

A huge diorama and one sandcrawler? :laugh:

Now I need to figure out what next year's diorama is supposed to be.

Any ideas on what to use 1998 2 x 2 tan tiles for?

A huge diorama and one sandcrawler? :laugh:

Maybe a Geonosis Diorama?

WOW! A Stunning MOC KimT! :cry_happy: You have been buying alot of rebel troops there, the endor ones look great in large numbers.

The actual room itself very well detailed and very faithfull to the film. Great work. I look forward to what you come up with next year. :classic:

The minifigs alone are just stunning, now I know you are the true SW master, and that explains your recent order with me. The set by itself is stunning. Although in theroy this seems simple since it's a simple structure, but the size and dimensions had to be correct, and you nailed it. I can't imagine how long this took you. I consioder myself a SW LEgo collector but I know who my Master is now. My hat goes off to you, this is an awesome example of what an AFOL can do.

:thumbup:

Wonderful diorama, even if it looks simple at first. My only little complaint is that the Luke minifig technically isn't correct, as he already has his medal, but really, that's nitpicking. :tongue:

If you are looking for a use for all those than tiles, a Tatooine scene would also be my guess, though not Sandcrawler or the Pit of Carkoon, those are way too overdone. Maybe Beggar's Canyon with some T-16s?

That's a totally awesome SW MOC, KimT! :oh:

I really :wub: it!

It looks absolutely realistic and very impressive! :oh:

The most I like the architecture if your MOC - brilliant.

And the many minifigs - wasn't there a burglary in one of TLG's storhouses where many SW sets are stored somewhen shortly before LegoWorld? :laugh:

I hope that TLG will offer us a Temple of Yavin in the next years, too, which should - apart from a hangar, the briefing room and the control room - include this final scene, too (of course not in that impressive size and not with that many minifigs).

Very, very well done! :thumbup: :thumbup:

Klaus-Dieter

WOW, amazing MOC KimT :thumbup:

I like how you made the back pillars and the amount of minifigs is too good to be true :wub: , I bet some people's jaws dropped at LegoWorld. Overall excellent work. :classic:

Pure excellence Kim :wub:! I´m glad to have been able to see it take shape, and it turned out really nice! You´ve earned that positive feedback, keep going for the next&bigger one :thumbup:!

Whoa, amazing MOC Kim T! It's so impressive to see so many Moncalmari together. Really, you've captured the scene beautifully. And all those gorgeous shiny tiles...wow... :cry_happy:

All you get is a medal for blowing up the Death Star?

Great scene! I love all the foliage, and tubes.

I, however, have jealousy of all your Captain Antilles and Mon Cal engineers. Surely you could trade me one or two of each? :grin:

yavin043.jpg
Wha? It's a mix of Lando Calrissian and General Madine! :laugh: (Though he did have a grey beard in the vid you provided..) Edited by YG-49

Wow Kim!

I never realized you were such an amazing MOCartist!

This is truely an inspiring piece of art You've made youself there. I love the way you designed the pillars and... Well everything. Its perfect on every level - I love it!

I wish I had the time to attempt somthing like this :sweet:

Congrats :classic:

Most impressive :wub:

For your first diorama this is absolutly one fabulous display. If the train station was as bad as you said, than this has made it disappear from our collective memory.

And yes, the Mon Calamari didnt join the rebellion untill after Hoth but they sure look great in this scene!

The pillars worked out great. The doors and its opening are well designed. And the number and variety of minifigures (181!) is tremendous.

And def is right this is the photo that captures the scene best

yavin057.jpg

Looking forward to your next project for next years event!

There you were.

This looks really good. Han's smile really sutes this diorama.

I like how you integrated some characters which weren't really there, it just gives the whole scene some more variation

One important comment however, the second rebel from the right his hand is backwards, otherwise, flawless.

yavin055.jpg

There you were.

This looks really good. Han's smile really sutes this diorama.

I like how you integrated some characters which weren't really there, it just gives the whole scene some more variation

One important comment however, the second rebel from the right his hand is backwards, otherwise, flawless.

Thanks and yeah those not-there figs added that little extra in my opinion.

Dammit, I spend so much time on making sure that the helmets and hands were all in the same direction and still I missed one. Good spotting though :laugh:

What an beautiful diorama, KimT :sweet:

And what an huge amount of figs, I really like how it looks. :wub:

Great work. :thumbup:

the Inventor

It is a very, very good MOC, and also a very good pick of the scene.

So crazy many figs you have added in there. I like all the SNOT, the pillars all around is very good.

I know you had some problems with those, but I love how they turned out!

What torso did you use for the guards that has dark brown torsos and legs?

What torso did you use for the guards that has dark brown torsos and legs?

Plo Koon's.

med_gallery_101_76_107881.jpg

Looks like the Crown Prince (Frederik - the guy to the right of Svend Erik in the blue polo) found that my MOC was pretty good.

How much better can this get? :laugh:

That's very cool KimT :cry_happy:

He looks very interested and not just taking a glimbs but actually studying the scene, hanging over the fence! Maybe he's a Starwars fan?

... maybe even an EB member :laugh:

After this I can imagine you can take on the world :grin:

After this I can imagine you can take on the world :grin:

That's putting it mildly :grin:

Plo Koon's.

med_gallery_101_76_107881.jpg

Looks like the Crown Prince (Frederik - the guy to the right of Svend Erik in the blue polo) found that my MOC was pretty good.

How much better can this get? :laugh:

Thanks Kim, thought so.

Didn´t you offer him to buy it :wink:

Thanks Kim, thought so.

Didn´t you offer him to buy it :wink:

I would have, if I didn't stand with my back to him talking to Christian and thus missing the entire Royal Family and Mr LEGO himself :laugh::blush:

I would have, if I didn't stand with my back to him talking to Christian and thus missing the entire Royal Family and Mr LEGO himself :laugh::blush:

What?! You missed him?! :oh3: I thought you made this picture.

That must be a major bummer...

Edited by Future74

Doesn't matter, everyone slips once in a while.

But

missing the Royal family, ouch.

:laugh:

One of the most iconic scenes in Star Wars, beautifully exicuted by one of the most iconic EB members. :tongue:

Great moc KimT! Truely stunning!

Edited by The crazy one