Sign in to follow this  
Hinckley

Red Moon: Chapter Five

I'd like to closely examine the hidden compartment in the alter that we opened up at the end of the last day.

Oh! :blush: In that case I'd like to do that too; and look for more!

Now we're getting somewhere!

The strange tracks are probably from the animal thing that killed Jack before running out, losing a tooth, and eventually sneaking back in.

Now... about that east wall! I'd like to examine it closely, feeling along the cracks and edges for any kind of button, switch, loose rock, missing tile or even just some blood marks. Something that would help it open. If I find such a thing, I'd like to use it. If that doesn't work, I'd like someone else to volunteer to run into it at full speed to see if it will rotate. I'm sure it'll be fine. Any volunteers?

I hesitate to add this, but shouldn't we check the east wall for signs of it moving? You know, small gaps where it is sectioned and maybe a way to open it?
Hmmm, how very strange indeed. :look:

I'd like to go over to the east wall with Sheldon and make sure nothing jumps out to eat him; I'll stand ready with my sword just in case. Perhaps we could try pushing the wall once we have made sure that there are no obvious threats?

Once we have done this, we shall proceed to the library, looks like we're easily distracted. :grin:

Creatures dissapearing into walls? I bet the wall is a hidden door, maybe that our little friend might have run off into, maybe suggesting that he could be alive.

I would like to help feeling around the walls for sneaky locks or loose bricks to get in with.

And don't you see the animal thing is the statue. Some pople :hmpf: I'd like to look along the wall as well.

*While Diesel guards the immediate area, almost everyone in the group searches the wall for signs of a secret passage: levers, a seam in the wall, etc. The wall is completely solid. What does strike them as odd though are the little chunks of rock missing at somewhat irregular intervals up the wall. Nobody remembers seeing them there before...*

Hmmmm.

Well, I guess I'd like to inspect the wall on the opposite side of the room everyone else is inspecting. After all, aren't temples like this all symmetrical? If we find a hidden entrance on one side, perhaps it will be mirrored on the other side? It's worth a shot, yeah?

*Ingrid inspects the other wall to find a complete mess. She had forgotten that in the previous chapter, Jack Baxter had found a lever in the floor. When Jack pulled the lever it caused the wall in front of him to crack and begin to crumble. The lever is currently stuck and pulling the lever further would cause the wall to collapse on the person who was manning the lever. Ingrid gingerly peaks through the crack in the wall. It is pitch black behind it but she can hear movement...*

Have we investigated the central altar? Those arches look suspicious....

*The statue puzzle opened a chamber in one of the arches which produced a stone head which is currently in Fred Thomas's possession.*

I'd like to closely examine the hidden compartment in the alter that we opened up at the end of the last day.

*Diana examines the hidden chamber under the "altar." There is nothing more of interest to find there.*

*The statue puzzle opened a chamber in one of the arches which produced a stone head which is currently in Fred Thomas's possession.*

Oh. :blush: Thanks for the update oh mysterious voice one.

*While Diesel guards the immediate area, almost everyone in the group searches the wall for signs of a secret passage: levers, a seam in the wall, etc. The wall is completely solid. What does strike them as odd though are the little chunks of rock missing at somewhat irregular intervals up the wall. Nobody remembers seeing them there before...*

Would this be climbable? If so I want look to try and see if it goes anywhere. If so, I want to climb it!

Would this be climbable? If so I want look to try and see if it goes anywhere. If so, I want to climb it!

*It is not climbable.*

*The wall is completely solid. What does strike them as odd though are the little chunks of rock missing at somewhat irregular intervals up the wall. Nobody remembers seeing them there before...*

Ah, like something pulled the statue up the wall and into the ceiling! I wish we could examine the ceiling, but let's try to keep this in mind should we find a room above this one.

Library now?

Ah, like something pulled the statue up the wall and into the ceiling! I wish we could examine the ceiling, but let's try to keep this in mind should we find a room above this one.

Library now?

I would like to look up at the ceiling, seeing if there's anything out of the ordinary.

*Diana and Sheldon look up toward the ceiling. There is a disturbing amount of movement up there. It's hard to make it out in the dim lighting. Perhaps the events of the night are starting to wear on them because they both seem to see something very large crawling along the ceiling...*

I'd like to borrow the camera, take a picture of the movement on the ceiling, and stare at it intently, to see if I can make out anything more.

I'd like to borrow the camera, take a picture of the movement on the ceiling, and stare at it intently, to see if I can make out anything more.

*The camera doesn't make anything clearer in this instance.*

*Something metal falls from the ceiling. It clangs on the floor a bit, and then rests next to the "altar."*

*Something metal falls from the ceiling. It clangs on the floor a bit, and then rests next to the "altar."*[/i]

I go over to this object and while remaining a respectful distance, look at it.

*Something metal falls from the ceiling. It clangs on the floor a bit, and then rests next to the "altar."*

Do I see a crown? This is getting nuts, let's get out of this room before that thing on the roof jumps on us all. :look:

I go over to this object and while remaining a respectful distance, look at it.

*Siegourney looks at the object. It is the small key that was found at the entrance and was being carried by Jack Baxter.*

Do I see a crown? This is getting nuts, let's get out of this room before that thing on the roof jumps on us all. :look:

*Although, the lever puzzle remains unsolved, a consensus is made by the group to search the libraries for clues. They look to Johnson Willoughby to lead the way...*

*Ingrid inspects the other wall to find a complete mess. She had forgotten that in the previous chapter, Jack Baxter had found a lever in the floor. When Jack pulled the lever it caused the wall in front of him to crack and begin to crumble. The lever is currently stuck and pulling the lever further would cause the wall to collapse on the person who was manning the lever. Ingrid gingerly peaks through the crack in the wall. It is pitch black behind it but she can hear movement...*

Ah, this memory isn't what it used to be. :blush: Wait, have I said that already? Maybe. I'm not sure, this memory's not what it used to be. :blush:

At least my inspection wasn't a complete waste, I think I hear something moving through this crack...

Could someone pass me a torch (lit, please) so I can try to illuminate the area through the crack?

I also think we should work on getting that lever pulled down, but... remotely. We can't have someone standing there pulling it, or they'll be crushed. If we could find some other way to pull it down without risking anyone... :look: Hmmm...

Could someone pass me a torch (lit, please) so I can try to illuminate the area through the crack?

*Ingrid grabs a torch to illuminate the crack in the wall. After almost setting her hair on fire, she glimpses what looks like the captain's wheel of a ship...Nothing else is visible and the source of the sound is not in sight.*

*The group decides to try to solve the lever puzzle while waiting for Johnson Willoughby to show them to one of the libraries.*

I also think we should work on getting that lever pulled down, but... remotely. We can't have someone standing there pulling it, or they'll be crushed. If we could find some other way to pull it down without risking anyone... :look: Hmmm...

Perhaps a few of us could link our belts together and lasso it, allowing us to pull it from a distance.

If only we had a coyboy in the group to help. *looks at the tour guide*

Perhaps a few of us could link our belts together and lasso it, allowing us to pull it from a distance.

If only we had a coyboy in the group to help. *looks at the tour guide*

*The group tries to link their belts together, but since the lever is stuck, the belts aren't strong enough to pull it. Quentin's belt breaks in the process...*

*The tour guide does not look back...*

*The tour guide does not look back...*

I'd like to hit Johnson Willoughby in the head with the very large femur I took earlier. HARD.

Just trust me on this, folks, something bad is happening here. :look:

Maybe we could push something heavy on to the lever? Like one of those statues with the torches? I have a feeling that might still end with us being crushed, so lets try to think of a better idea. *Sits and thinks at a safe distance from the crack in the wall*

I'd like to hit Johnson Willoughby in the head with the very large femur I took earlier. HARD.

*Johnson Willoughby does not appear to be present to be hit in the head. I mean, seriously, look at the freakin' picture. :hmpf:*

*Johnson Willoughby does not appear to be present to be hit in the head. I mean, seriously, look at the freakin' picture. :hmpf:*

The freakin' picture wasn't loading for me. :blush:

Though honestly, saying that he doesn't look back gives the impression that his not looking back was unusual in some way (like he's possessed by a demon or having a fit of gas or he's spotted a kitten to drown in whiskey) and that he was close enough to have been whackable. :sceptic:

The freakin' picture wasn't loading for me. :blush:

Though honestly, saying that he doesn't look back gives the impression that his not looking back was unusual in some way (like he's possessed by a demon or having a fit of gas or he's spotted a kitten to drown in whiskey) and that he was close enough to have been whackable. :sceptic:

*Everyone worries about Sheldon as he continues to talk to himself or what he calls "the knowing voice..." :look:*

*Everyone worries about Sheldon as he continues to talk to himself or what he calls "the knowing voice..." :look:*

Poor, poor Sheldon. :sceptic:

HEY! :angry:

There is a voice, there is, I tell you! And it has a Swedish accent! :wacko:

*cough*

If it seems possible to achieve without bending the barrel, perhaps we could pry the lever with the shotgun?

This is a particularly crazy idea, but could we all push over the worn column onto the lever?

It may not work, but should be amazing to see in real brick life! Now that would be a dynamic action. Man, I love the smell of napalm in the morning!

This is a particularly crazy idea, but could we all push over the worn column onto the lever?

That sounds like a potential disaster. :look:

If my shotgun prying idea can't work... LET'S DO IT! *wacko*

It sure sounds exciting, at least, if somewhat dangerous... let's try the gun idea first, then if all else fails, knocking over the pillars could provide some entertainment while we wait to move into the library. :grin: