Sign in to follow this  
ACPin

UCS TIEs

$25 each! Man, I wish I could've gotten that deal. You have a lot of competition with Cavegod and Anio around. :tongue:

Those are all very perfect though! I wish I could say something extra, but these have all been done over and over, they just don't seem special anymore.

I don't know if I can believe you that you made the TIE Crawler in 2002, considering nobody cared about it until it was made by Lego in 2007, and even so I don't think it existed yet! Sweet job on the defender, and droid fighter's looking nice too.

Also I like the use of scaling with Hasbro Figs. :thumbup:

Edited by Darth Legolas

$25 each! Man, I wish I could've gotten that deal. You have a lot of competition with Cavegod and Anio around. :tongue:

Those are all very perfect though! I wish I could say something extra, but these have all been done over and over, they just don't seem special anymore.

I don't know if I can believe you that you made the TIE Crawler in 2002, considering nobody cared about it until it was made by Lego in 2007, and even so I don't think it existed yet! Sweet job on the defender, and droid fighter's looking nice too.

Also I like the use of scaling with Hasbro Figs. :thumbup:

Currently not so new anymore but way back in 2002, there were only a few FBTBers that did UCS scale (Reto comes to mind).

Here's proof that it was done back in Sept 2002 and it did exist in reference materials in the SW site where I got the idea.

AC

:wub: Wonderful just wonderful. Imagine If TLG released a UCS tie fighter pack(<dream) it would probably be around 500$ and you built these five great models for only 125$ :laugh: .

Never mind my dreams :blush: your models are spectacular.

very nice although i saw them years ago, inspiration for my ucs defender!

Great job, those are impresive in size, I can't believe the deal you got on those!

Great work AC. I've seen much of your work online and have always been impressed by your creativity ans scale in your creations.

So why did you keep the Tie/D? A favourite of yours or just a parts issue? I'm rather partial to the Tie/D myself... :wink:

Edited by pedro

Amazing as always ACPin! :thumbup::wub:

What a steal for $25 each! :oh3:

You've got the design for all of them, perfect! :thumbup:

Well done, looking forward to more. :sweet:

CommanderFox

:wub: Wonderful just wonderful. Imagine If TLG released a UCS tie fighter pack(<dream) it would probably be around 500$ and you built these five great models for only 125$ :laugh: .

Never mind my dreams :blush: your models are spectacular.

We all can dream, can't we? TLC already did the minifig scale

10131-1.gif

Awesome, some of the best Ties I have seen.

Thanks!

very nice although i saw them years ago, inspiration for my ucs defender!

I'd like to see your version of it.

Great job, those are impresive in size, I can't believe the deal you got on those!

That's why I used the Hasbro figures to show the scale. Come to think of it, I should've placed a minifig beside them for comparison.

Great work AC. I've seen much of your work online and have always been impressed by your creativity ans scale in your creations.

So why did you keep the Tie/D? A favourite of yours or just a parts issue? I'm rather partial to the Tie/D myself... :wink:

I try to do other themes every now and then to experience design concepts/techniques that otherwise would've not been possible if I just stuck with purely SW. There's more that can be done with the larger scale dioramas and if you've got the bricks to do it, why not. It also helps that you know the staff from the Lego store who can give you first dibs on the PaB wall when they get their shipment. :wink:

As for the Tie/D, like everything else that I build which stay standing for awhile until I need the parts for another MOC. It was the last one done and that's the only reason it stayed.

Cool I like the TIE Crawler! These are way better than I could ever do.

Mace Windu :grin:

You just got to keep brickin' and take inspiration/design techniques from those that have already done it.

Amazing as always ACPin! :thumbup::wub:

What a steal for $25 each! :oh3:

You've got the design for all of them, perfect! :thumbup:

Well done, looking forward to more. :sweet:

CommanderFox

Actually got three from one store and had to get to another store to grab the other two. I will do other UCS scale in the future and probably redo

UCSTieCrawler-thumb.jpg

but I have to borrow the tracks from

IndianaJonesLegoStoreDisplay-thumb.jpg

when the time comes.

AC

I've looked at these MOCs many times before, when gaining inspiration for my own Scimitar Bomber and TIE Droid. Excellent work all around.

And the deal you got on those Interceptor sets is absolute highway robbery. I am jelous.

I'd be curious to see what kind of interior you put into the TIE Droid "cockpit". Any possibility of snapping a quick photo or two? The interior I used doesn't feel right, and I'd like to see your perspective.

That's a good one and looks sturdier also as mine suffered from stability issues with the wings so it can't be swooshed around. Odd that you also got it posed just like this.

I've looked at these MOCs many times before, when gaining inspiration for my own Scimitar Bomber and TIE Droid. Excellent work all around.

And the deal you got on those Interceptor sets is absolute highway robbery. I am jelous.

I'd be curious to see what kind of interior you put into the TIE Droid "cockpit". Any possibility of snapping a quick photo or two? The interior I used doesn't feel right, and I'd like to see your perspective.

Didn't realize that you've got inspired by these in your own works and thanks for that.

The UCS TIE Interceptor set wasn't a popular choice when it came out as I remember seeing lots of them in TRUs. If TLC came out with the TIE Fighter instead, that should have sold a lot more but I'm not complaining after the deals I got on these.

When I did these models, I wasn't going for overly detailed features and one of them was the cockpit. Sorry to disappoint as I'm sure yours will probably have more details than mine.

Good luck on your quest to build and are you going to keep them all built?

AC

Good luck on your quest to build and are you going to keep them all built?

AC

Unfortunately, no. I'm not made of mon...err, bricks. As it is, I've had to cull half of the parts I do use from my system sets, so my MOCs stay built just long enough to get some good photos and then are dismantled. I hope eventually to have enough MOCing parts to keep two or three of the best models together for display, but for now I need every part.

Unfortunately, no. I'm not made of mon...err, bricks. As it is, I've had to cull half of the parts I do use from my system sets, so my MOCs stay built just long enough to get some good photos and then are dismantled. I hope eventually to have enough MOCing parts to keep two or three of the best models together for display, but for now I need every part.

Also do the same as it's difficult to have a good supply of bricks especially the hard-to-find pieces. That's why I take a lot of pics most of which are about specific designs where I can always go back at the photos if I ever needed to do it again.

AC

Also do the same as it's difficult to have a good supply of bricks especially the hard-to-find pieces. That's why I take a lot of pics most of which are about specific designs where I can always go back at the photos if I ever needed to do it again.

AC

haha thats what i am doing wrong all my mocs stay built and i just bricklink what i need no wonder i am skint!