Scouty

Imperial Soldier's Mafia: Day 1

It cant be Pvt. Oult because Private Tulón said that it is believed the body floated down the stream and he would have had to be really quick to walk out of camp and find the body.

Well I don't have a Bayonet being that I carry no weapon.

Curious that you were gone while we discovered a body. I hope you slept well.

Well I Couldn't of slit his throat I have no bayonet, I'm sure you have one. May I see it?

I say we should all check each others bayonet's for blood stains.

Well I have no clue who to vote for. I have kept quiet and watched my privates all morning. O.o

Other than a dead body that seems to have floated down river, we really have nothing to go on, and that is unfortunate.

I hope that some type of clue shows soon, otherwise...not good.

I have kept quiet and watched my privates all morning. O.o

Enough of the sausage talk already! How could you speak about that when we have such a grave issue at hand!

Well I have no clue who to vote for. I have kept quiet and watched my privates all morning. O.o

So, did you notice any of your privates acting suspicious?

Other than a dead body that seems to have floated down river, we really have nothing to go on, and that is unfortunate.

I hope that some type of clue shows soon, otherwise...not good.

Our sergeant is right, let's not jump to conclusions that it was one of the 42nd who killed that poor private. However, I must say, I am not against an inspection of our bayonets and swords at all. Us honorable soldiers surely have nothing to hide.

Us honorable soldiers surely have nothing to hide.

Agreed. Its going to be hard weening out this traitor and I have no clue about who im going to vote for.

Me too, I honestly have no idea who I should vote for.

Maybe we can play Russian Rou-Tart in the meanwhile? The unlucky one gets a stale one! :thumbup:

Well I don't have a Bayonet being that I carry no weapon.

Well I Couldn't of slit his throat I have no bayonet, I'm sure you have one. May I see it?

A very defensive response to a pretty simple observsation. Althoguh you don't carry a bayonet, it doesn't mean you don't have one in your bag or could have easily borrowed one from one of your fellow soldiers, since we don't need them to eat breakfast.

"I wish we could, but we've been at a stalemate ever since the Battle of Willow's Creek. That was just a few months ago. Plus, with the coming winter, I doubt either of us will have any strength to dredge on with war in the harsh winter. At least we've got the deserters confined!" -Captain Lecoq

As the Captain has wisley detailed we must take action now. To tarry will result in the worst possible outcome! It's crushing to see that men's desperation has led to sacrifice in our ranks. But take stock! Be proud that there is such vigilance in your comrades, as I am. With such spirit this devilish pickle will unravel in due course.

I find it disgusting that some people have so little loyalty to their country, to their families, that they would desert the noble cause of the war. :sadnew:

Indeed Private, it sickens me to the core. Those who speak of loyalty to family must first think of loyalty to our colours. For without loyalty to the latter then can never be the safety and comfort of the other?

My wife is back home and I miss her so much. Some days are worse than others. Someone, hold me.

I understand your love of your family Private Entaine - as do we all. Let's not stray from our path though. We know why we are here and what's at stake! I recommend that you should be given special attention for counsel.

Now, let us be eyes and ears; let us be the hand of justice! If you suspect anything or anyone, report in secrecy to the Captain and myself and know that you can do so in the utmost confidence.

Vigilance, men. Vigilance!

What's all this shouting about murderers and deserters? Is this what our believed regiment has turned into?

*curses French words*

Sacre bleu, I shouldn't even be up worrying about this. I'm still recovering from that shot in my leg from our last battle.

As for me, I lay in bed all night, the medical troops can confirm that! They hardly do any good, I remember seeing them leave

with frowned faces when they heard my leg didn't have to be amputated!

Hmm... about the murderweapon, I haven't seen my bayonet belt since I was on the operating table...

If one of you could look if it's still in the medical post we might solve this little riddle.

*curses more French words*

I should really lie down again or else the wound might burst again...

Au revoir mes amis!

Was there anybody that was absent at breakfast other Monsieur Rames. It must've happened during that time as we just got here, and the body wasn't reported when the guards took their station. It will be a difficult choice to vote someone as we have no evidence of them doing something. :sceptic:

Edited by Alex the Great

It cant be Pvt. Oult because Private Tulón said that it is believed the body floated down the stream and he would have had to be really quick to walk out of camp and find the body.

Very true, also I was busy eating breakfast *takes a swig of wine*

I like the idea however, I believe that the killer would clean the weapon or hide it. It is hard to explain why your bayonet has blood stains on it during morning inspection.

No new developments yet,l looks like we are getting no where .

What's all this shouting about murderers and deserters? Is this what our believed regiment has turned into?

I should really lie down again or else the wound might burst again...

Yes unfortunately it has come to this.

And yes please take it easy as we don't need more blood everywhere again.

Was there anybody that was absent at breakfast other Monsieur Rames. It must've happened during that time as we just got here, and the body wasn't reported when the guards took their station. It will be a difficult choice to vote someone as we have no evidence of them doing something. :sceptic:

That seems to make the logics as a missing soldier would have been noticed when he missed duty call. Actually, why do we not even seem to know him? He was one of us, wasn't he? I feel like he is a stranger.

And why would they killing him but not try to make a running for it when they did? What is the purpose?

I am not happy right now and will not be sharing my sausage until we get some answers! I would not want to be giving aid and comfort to the enemy.

And why would they killing him but not try to make a running for it when they did? What is the purpose?

Very excellent point. Its like the killer is justing wanting to be caught. But yet he's still elusive..

I am not happy right now and will not be sharing my sausage until we get some answers! I would not want to be giving aid and comfort to the enemy.

This just got very, very serious, I can't survive without your sausage in the morning. :cry_sad: We need to solve this riddle quickly, so that Michel can continue to cook up his amazing morning energizers for us. :sweet:

The problem is, we don't really have any way to find the killer right now, with no evidence to go on. :sceptic: Looks like I'll just have to go try and go without my sausages until we can solve this...

This just got very, very serious, I can't survive without your sausage in the morning. :cry_sad: We need to solve this riddle quickly, so that Michel can continue to cook up his amazing morning energizers for us. :sweet:

Still thinking of breakfast? It's well past noon.

Is anyone actually inclined to vote today without any evidence as to who the deserters or the murderer might be? Didn't anyone notice anything suspicious or out-of-the-ordinary while having breakfast?

Is anyone actually inclined to vote today without any evidence as to who the deserters or the murderer might be? Didn't anyone notice anything suspicious or out-of-the-ordinary while having breakfast?

I find it difficult to imagine that these traitors will reveal themselves to us so easily if they have managed to make the hiding so far, so I do not know how we can find them unless, just maybe, someone is having the ability to do some investigationalizing during the dark hours...

I have always found the night to be a time of intrigue and excitement, and hopefully it will be enlightening for someone who can then guide us in the right direction. Sadly, I am unable to make much helping there, my best work is done with the sausages, so I will have to trust in someone else to provide us with the tasty morsels of evidence while I try to keep the mouths happy with tasty morsels of my own.

I have always found the night to be a time of intrigue and excitement, and hopefully it will be enlightening for someone who can then guide us in the right direction. Sadly, I am unable to make much helping there, my best work is done with the sausages, so I will have to trust in someone else to provide us with the tasty morsels of evidence while I try to keep the mouths happy with tasty morsels of my own.

You're right, the deserters will surely discuss their unpatriotic actions at night, so that'll be the time to keep our eyes and ears open. I'm still recovering from the bullet wounds I sustained at Willow's Creek, so I need my rest at night. Besides, with that leg wound, I wouldn't be swift enough to go unnoticed.

You're right, the deserters will surely discuss their unpatriotic actions at night, so that'll be the time to keep our eyes and ears open.

In my experience this cabal of deserters will most likely be making connections with each other in secret as we speak! They'll be keen as mustard to find others with the same weak values to go about their dastardly plans.

Without decision today, let us hope the night yields some insight into this terrible debacle. Certainly, I hope to follow up my own suspicions as soon as humanly possible.

Without decision today, let us hope the night yields some insight into this terrible debacle. Certainly, I hope to follow up my own suspicions as soon as humanly possible.

Do let all of us know if you find out anything, not having anything to go on is mightily frustrating, so any information is very welcome right now.

I don't want to sound eager to go to sleep, since I'm quite certain that the lousy deserters do their dirty work at the darkness of night, but I don't think any amount of chit-chat will get us closer to solving the murder of our poor fellow camarade.

So why don't we just head to our tents already?

Before bed, I would appreciate it if our good Captain Lecoq would let us know who and how this crime will be investigated.

I don't want to sound eager to go to sleep, since I'm quite certain that the lousy deserters do their dirty work at the darkness of night, but I don't think any amount of chit-chat will get us closer to solving the murder of our poor fellow camarade.

You sound anxious to get everyone to sleep, even thought you directly said you were not inferring that.

Before bed, I would appreciate it if our good Captain Lecoq would let us know who and how this crime will be investigated.

We have done as much investigating as possible and have not gotten much more info, maybe a Provost Guard can be of help here? As it is there job to figure out who these deserters might be?

I have some suspicions of some, but don't want to get the wrong people executed and end up with having a camp or traitors!