Sign in to follow this  
The Legonater

Tactical Droid MOC

gallery_101_23_281.gif

I know people have been waiting a while for this, so here it is. My Tactical Droid MOC.

Front:

2010_0216guysunsg0001.jpg

Side:

2010_0216guysunsg0002.jpg

Version 2.0:

2010_0219guysunsg0001.jpg

Side:

2010_0219guysunsg0002.jpg

Enjoy! Comments are welcome.

Edited by KimT
Ludicrously large pics removed - please resize to 800 wide. Thanks

My comp won't let me. could you do it?

Just click on the pic until it's the only thing on your screen. Then use that url.

Just click on the pic until it's the only thing on your screen. Then use that url.

Thanks.Now it won't let me shrink it :hmpf_bad: .

You got the pictures up, but they're pretty big, so I went ahead and resized them for you:

2010_0216guysunsg0001.jpg

2010_0216guysunsg0002.jpg

I must say, I like the head design. I'd take out the back slope you have there, though. Other than that, its great.

I must say, I like the head design. I'd take out the back slope you have there, though. Other than that, its great.

Agreed 100%. The slope on the back gives it unneeded bulk.

No offense, but these look nothing like tactical droids. More like really fat, colorful penguins with broken necks. :tongue: Remove the slope in the back, and try coming up with a different design for the arms and a way to attach the head in the center. Then you'll start getting somewhere. :wink:

Um the head looks alright but I dont think the body looks very good. You could try and make it a bit smaller and definitely take the back plate off it makes him look fat :tongue:

Edited by Roncanator

These don't look very realistic, sorry, but I think the Tactical Droid is way to hard to make to scale without breaking apart parts.

No offense, but I don't see how these look like Tactical Droids in any way. They are tall, thin and grey and white in color. You should make the legs and arms a lot longer and take some of the chest bulk away.

Tactical_droid_TCW.jpg

Thank you for sharing though. Its really hard to make a brick built figure and I respect that. Lego pieces are just to large to make one. The Destroyer Droid is even massive compared to the one in the movies. I don't think that they were 8 feet tall.

I'm sure you vould do an awesome Tactical Droid with a bit more time. I remember seeing one on mocpages a little while ago that could give you some ideas.

Sorry from me too 'The Legonater' - they don't cut it as tactical droids !

Being a fan of CW on CN myself, it's a good try, but it's just they are too bulky and their heads are now offset too far.

If you made it bigger then with some of these parts you can get away with it, but as it is sorry no, but I'm a conformist! anyway ! :yoda:

No offense, but these look nothing like tactical droids. More like really fat, colorful penguins with broken necks. :tongue: Remove the slope in the back, and try coming up with a different design for the arms and a way to attach the head in the center. Then you'll start getting somewhere. :wink:

No, they more look like fat, colorful tactical droids with broken necks. :grin:

Seriously though, I like the idea for the head, but that´s about it. However, yes, removing the back slope and making the arms longer would make it look more like a Tactical Droid.

These are pretty good brick built tactical droids The Legonater. :thumbup:

But I do agree that they need 'de-fatening' if you could put it that way. :laugh:

Good job though! :sweet:

CommanderFox

Totally awesome...I cant believe its taken me years to realise this forum was here with a whole Lego star wars section! Winner!

Ok... and you just joined today?

Yeah, I dont really see it. Like everybody else said, trimming it down would make it much better. I think the space binoculars are a good idea though.

I also have a tough time seeing the resemblence. It's kind of there, btu very blocky and hard to make out.

OKAY! OKAY! I'll put these guys on a weight loss! Truthfully, I just got Season 1 a short time ago, and haven't made the changes yet. Itr was kind of rushed by a few people asking me for pics. I will change it sopn.