Sign in to follow this  
ZCerberus

The Barrister's office

Really nice job, Z. I love the roof on the left, and it's good to see red/white on a building.

I recall you're a barrister, no?

Awesome work, it ties in a Pirate feel and the modular feel. I'd love to see the interior, if there is one.

Is that Professor Snape? :pir_laugh2:

Nice buildings, ZCerberus :thumbup:

I really like the colors and design of the middle one, and the roof on the left one.

Al tough I think the left one has to much gray in it.

the Inventor

I recall you're a barrister, no?

Not in the US. Here I am a lawyer.

I love the roof on the left, and it's good to see red/white on a building.

not red- It's the lovely dark orange color.

Not in the US. Here I am a lawyer.

Same thing by my book! :pir_laugh2:

not red- It's the lovely dark orange color.

Ah, even better! Red comes out in load of different shades in photos, hence the confusion :pir-blush:

Ah, even better! Red comes out in load of different shades in photos, hence the confusion :pir-blush:

Indeed it can be- plus who knows how the monitor is tuned.

I am trying to use all the rare colors though to spice things up. I love the dark orange.

You'll notice I also used the lovley dark green in the house on the left as well.

We have been busy 'ZCerberus' haven't we eh ? :pir_laugh2:

Fantastic buildings, love the roofing and windows - very period very cool !

Love to see an overall view of this seaside town/port - it would be beyond awesome !

Great work 'ZCerberus' and I'm a conformist! ! :pir_laugh2:

Amazing work. :pir-sweet:

Love the use of uncommon colours.

I do have to agree on the gray of the building, maybe with a different roof colour it looks better.

But still :thumbup:

One of the - if not the - best entry for the CB I've seen so far. I really like what you managed to achieve on a 16 x 16 base. The exterior has a very tasteful color combination and the stone detailing is really well done. The interior is great as well: the book shelves, the other furniture, ... now get going on a second floor and don't forget the attic :pir-tongue:

Hi ZCerberus,

that is one great street scene! :pir-classic: I really love the color scheme of the houses and the way they work togheter.

Good call on the greebles of the down stairs stone part and the chimneys. Not over or under done.

Nice bookshelfs and solid fireplace. Have yo uconsidered a staircase? I'm not too fond of the technic brick holes on the side.

You might try to obscure them a bit. Overall a very beautyfull build, with a very novel color scheme, dark orange and white.

Kind regards,

Teddy

Inside the office, the detail is very good and the shelves and chairs are very nice as well!!

I like this work!! :pir-tongue:

It's looking fantastic!

Your furniture is very inspiring and there are just details everywhere :pir-sweet:

Can't wait to see the second floor!

Good job so far and good luck with the rest.

Superb work ZCerberus You've packed loads and loads of details in to this.

Good luck :thumbup:

Hi ZCerberus,

that is one great street scene! :pir-classic: I really love the color scheme of the houses and the way they work togheter.

Good call on the greebles of the down stairs stone part and the chimneys. Not over or under done.

Nice bookshelfs and solid fireplace. Have yo uconsidered a staircase? I'm not too fond of the technic brick holes on the side.

You might try to obscure them a bit. Overall a very beautyfull build, with a very novel color scheme, dark orange and white.

Kind regards,

Teddy

The technic bircks and the very flat side windows are solely so the other buildings can attach and stay together for moving them etc. I used the four long technic brick because I am using a pair of 2 stud long 2 technic hole bricks on some of the other buildings- this allows me attach the buildings offset by 1/2 stud for some variety.

There is not exactly a staircase- with such a limited space there is just a brown latter piece placed at an angle on the front portion of the building. The whole front side comes off so it is easier to see in- this also makes it look like there is no way to reach the second floor...

Superb work ZCerberus You've packed loads and loads of details in to this.

Good luck :thumbup:

Thank you rat- your community build is the first group type project I have participated in here at EB.

Thank you rat- your community build is the first group type project I have participated in here at EB.

You should try entering into PTV or the spring contest, you'd have a really good chance at winning :thumbup:

Awesome work like always :thumbup: its look really cool, i liked it very much and that billboard is cool too :pir-classic: Where did you get it by the way?

Keep it up, great work

Captain Becker

Very nice and goes good with your other buildings too but what's with those 2 men outside with the guilty look on their faces? Is the woman going to be okay? I dunno I don't trust those guys. :pir-oh:

Me and my niece went to the Lego store. We finally remembered to bring our free pick-a-brick box and we got 2 Pirate Sets that we will build and then use to make my 16x16 house. http://twitpic.com/14gd3a I still don't think we have enough pieces so I'll prob do a bricklink order. I have a design in the Lego program.

Edited by Grimmy

Please place this in the entry topic as soon a possible, also, you need a picture of the Barrister's Office by itself, so when the time comes to vote it won't have the advantage of the other 2 buildings beside it.

Thank You :pir-classic:

Edited by Ratshot

Please place this in the entry topic as soon a possible, also, you need a picture of the Barrister's Office by itself, so when the time comes to vote it won't have the advantage of the other 2 buildings beside it.

Thank You :pir-classic:

I do have the pics of it by itself for the Community build thread, but I haven't worked on the second floor interior yet...

The 15th is the deadline, correct?