Ralph_S

MOC: Royal Netherlands Navy SH-14D Lynx

Another great creation Ralph. I love your building style which along with the brick-built windscreen give it a real nostalgic classic Lego feel. I don't mean to say it's old-fashioned! Great creative use of parts too.

Do you keep your models built? That'd make quite an impressive display.

Thank you. In my book, a 'classic LEGO feel' is a good thing, so I appreciate your comment. I do keep most of my models together. I have been taking apart a few things in the last (mostly things I built years ago and that look a bit pedestrian compared to my newer stuff), but I've got about 40 aircraft and helicopter models.

I don't have the space I'd need to put them all on display at home. In may 2008 I gather all the aircraft and helicopter models that I had at the time.

2455728367_56f070c55b.jpg

The collection has grown a lot since then. I've also taken stuff to public displays. Here's a picture of part of my display at the Great Western LEGO show in Swindon (UK) in October 2008:

2919179490_2ebca9865b.jpg

(showing a few models that I didn't yet have in the first picture)

It is great to see them all together. I've recently found a new job and will be moving in the next few months. One priority in house-hunting will be havinga decent-sized room where I can put up some more shelves, so that I don't have to keep my models stored away in boxes.

Cheers,

Ralph

Wow, they look wonderful together! Thanks for your reply, and good luck with the move.

This is truley an amazing Moc of the SH-14D Lynx you made Ralph!

There is so many details all over. That you managed to create the folding rotors is just brilliant to mention one thing.

Nicly built figs to go with it as well.

Going to your Flickr account again made me ones again be caught up there for a long timeto see the rest of your work.

...I do keep most of my models together. I have been taking apart a few things in the last (mostly things I built years ago and that look a bit pedestrian compared to my newer stuff), but I've got about 40 aircraft and helicopter models...

What is your approach to keeping bricks in stock. When you are finished with your model do you order the replacement bricks so you can keep building without depleting your stock?

Great models BTW; do you have a Flickr or Brickshelf gallery(ies)?

What is your approach to keeping bricks in stock. When you are finished with your model do you order the replacement bricks so you can keep building without depleting your stock?

Great models BTW; do you have a Flickr or Brickshelf gallery(ies)?

Sorry I didn't reply sooner. I was away from home for a few days.

Rather than replacing bricks I've used I tend to buy parts/ sets in advance with future projects in mind. The pictures I posted link to my flickr account (and it's in my signature). I also have an account on brickshelf. but I haven't updated it in months.

http://www.brickshelf.com/cgi-bin/gallery.cgi?m=RalphS

Cheers,

Ralph

Hi Ralph_S! I know it's been a while since you posted this topic. First, this is amazing how your work is perfect and this close to the real one! I'm in the french navy and we have old lynx too! I wanted to know if you have any instructions or schematics to show me how you built the lynx! I would love to make one too, in French navy version, and a bit bigger! Thank you so much if you can help me! 

Hope you'll read this... 

Cheers 

7 hours ago, bastc91 said:

Hi Ralph_S! I know it's been a while since you posted this topic. First, this is amazing how your work is perfect and this close to the real one! I'm in the french navy and we have old lynx too! I wanted to know if you have any instructions or schematics to show me how you built the lynx! I would love to make one too, in French navy version, and a bit bigger! Thank you so much if you can help me! 

Hope you'll read this... 

Cheers 

Hey there @bastc91, let me see if I can point you in the best direction.

If you'd like to tag someone on these message boards (meaning they'll be notified when they log in), simple type "@" followed by the persons name.

Looks like @Ralph_S hasn't visited since July last year though, so probably best to message him directly once you've hit 10 posts (when that feature becomes available).

And lastly; although I can see why you've posted here, it's not generally the done thing to post in a topic from 10 years ago. It's called Necro-bumping and is against the rules, but I understand that you did not know that.