sebby

Train Track question

traintech1.jpg

I'm trying to rebuild my train station into something like my local train station.

On one side the is the station and platform, then a foot bridge over two parallel tracks and the a small platform on the other side.

This is a pic of basically what I'm trying to do, please remember this is a W.I.P.

bridge_4.jpg

There will be a parallel track running next to the track shown.

A few more pics can be found HERE

At the moment I need the tracks to be 2 studs apart but to join up a a set of points not to far away from the station.

Is this possible with standard straights and curves or would I need some flexy track or something else ???

Thanks in advance.

[EDIT] I don't think it will matter to much but I will be using the RC track.

Edited by TheBrickster

First of all, why not just build it a little wider and have your tracks 8 studs apart? Alternatively, you could indeed use some flexitrack, and as you are using RC trains, you can use them without having to worry about electrifying the lines. Another alternative is having the track 0 studs apart as that is quite easy to do with standard curves, but 2 apart is a little tricky. :hmpf_bad:

Maybe like this ?

There ya go! I thought that put the tracks right next to each other, but it seems I was wrong. This is indeed your solution.Thanks FreeBee :wink:

Points do not have to sit parallel to the straights. Here is another option which spaces the lines are little wider.

track_1.jpg

Or this

track_2.jpg

Many thanks to Captain Zuloo, FreeBee and pe668.

I'll try all 3 ways over the next few days and when I find 1 that works for me I'll post some new pics up.

Once again thanks. :thumbup:

How does it go for joining up at the other end?

Does it have to? There was no mention of being part of a loop. Stations can be end of the line.

Besides over 10+ straights one stud out won't be an issue so just join it back up at the other end.