KimT

Watto's Junkyard Discussion

It's probably been done many times but since I am relatively new to the site, I think just a beest Vig would be nice.

Maybe a category for actual events from the movies and another for made up events.

It is nice to have a break from the contests. :classic:

I agree, a christmas SW contest would be nice! :thumbup:

Dang I don't have a santa! :tongue:

As I have meantioned before maybe we could have a contest, like, Build one or two levels of coruscant! :cry_happy: that'd be cool!

CommanderFox

Looking at the violence-free PTV2 contest, I just had another funny idea: A contest where you have to show a scene where two factions settle their differences in a peaceful manner. :laugh: We could call it the "Star Wars Peace" contest. :grin:

Btw, I recieved my prizes from the BP contest in the mail last week. :sweet: Thanks again, KimT!

Edited by Oky Wan Kenobi

Btw, I recieved my prizes from the BP contest in the mail last week. :sweet: Thanks again, KimT!

Ah! With my social calendar being so busy I'd forgot to post that I'd received mine too. Cheers! I'm hoping to do a review of Vader's TIE soon :wink:

I had an idea for a Christmas-y contest: Design a LEGO Star Wars Xmas tree decoration!

Be it a Death Star bauble, Santa riding his custom chibi X-wing, etc. Should be to hang, would be limited by parts so as not too heavy. If you don't win, nevermind! You can still add it to your tree :sweet:

That's a great idea, pedro. :thumbup: That would probably result in some great mini- and micro-scale entries! :sweet:

Btw, I would love to see a Build-A-Starfighter contest, a sequel to the vehicle contest where you have to build an unreleased space vessel. :thumbup: Of course again with size categories.

Do you have any idea how much work the vehicle contest was? :laugh:

Thanks for all the input so far.

Everything is taken into consideration.

Perhaps we should do a Christmas contest...

I'll have to discuss this with Stash. :grin:

Looks like something is about to happen come December 1st.

Does that spring your attention out there? :grin:

Yes it does!

Now I'll have to disassemble all my sets to have enough parts to make something. :grin:

Does it? :look:, Please point me in the right direction :blush:.

Looking forward to whatever it is KimT!

So with the last contest over and prizes ready to ship tomorrow or early next week.

Which kind of contests would you like to see in the future around here?

Your ideas are more than welcome :classic:

We could have a Valentines day, St. Patrick's day, or Easter contest, where we do the same thing as the Christmas contest, but just a different Holiday.

We could have a Valentines day, St. Patrick's day, or Easter contest, where we do the same thing as the Christmas contest, but just a different Holiday.

Nah!

Perhaps Easter, but the other ones you mention aren't that global.

Just throwing ideas out there :wink: .

I know and that Easter one has got me thinking :grin:

Hehe, an Easter contest would be fun. Perhaps something like where you have to hide "easter eggs" in classic SW scenes, or maybe where you have to recolor an existing set like an easter egg. :laugh:

As for other ideas, I still think a non-violent Star Wars contest would be a fun idea, simply because of the irony. Maybe we could have a contest to make civillian SW vehicles (vehicles with no weapons) or locations? Would be a good way to flesh out the Lego SW universe since we barely see civilian vehicles/locations in sets.

Also, when are we finally gonna have the "Fate of Ahsoka" contest? :sweet:

Also, when are we finally gonna have the "Fate of Ahsoka" contest? :sweet:

That depends.

What is her fate?

Cookie stand on the Death Star?

Maybe. :tongue: Do we really need to specify it? A lot of people say she will get killed, but she could also very well go into hiding or something, so why don't we just make it part of the contest to come up with a fate? We could have different categories like "most tragic" or "most hilarious".

I still think a Fate of Ashoka contest would be the most fun. Death is one possible scenario, but I'm sure our SW builders can think of creative or hilarious ways to do their entries. :thumbup:

Also, I think I asked you this via my PM, but not sure if you noticed... could I please have a SW contest tag? Please? :sweet:

Also, I think I asked you this via my PM, but not sure if you noticed... could I please have a SW contest tag? Please? :sweet:

Why?

Only 1st place winners get the tag.

Better luck next time. :classic:

How about a Star Wars Brickfilm contest?

There could be 3 different catogries Humour, Serious, Adventure. Or to make it more fair by ranks made 1 brickfilm before, made 3 brickfilms before, made 5 brickfilm before. Plus it would be free for everyone as there is free software for Mac and Windows so all they need is a camera.

Edited by Eskallon

I think the Fate of Ahsoka would be hilarious, I'd definitely enter :laugh: I remember the entries of the Jar-Jar killing contest quite well.

A Fate of Ahsoka would be really fun to do little vignettes for maybe a raffle. I would be cool if there was two catergories one which could be humour and seriousness. Seriousness could be how you interpret the way she will disappear and humour just a strange and hilarious way she disappears.

An Easter contest would be cool too. :laugh:

Why?

Only 1st place winners get the tag.

Better luck next time. :classic:

Oh, I did not realize that. All the reason to participate in more SW contests, then. :devil: