Sign in to follow this  
Hinckley

Red Moon: Chapter Three

Hoorah! We did it! Both the swastika pattern and the tiles worked. Now, I'd like to help Samantha push the statue in it's place in front of the eyehook, then place the torch in its hand and light it with a match.

Hmm, must be from a different room then?

That's what I'm thinking, for both of the crashes we heard.

And it was my plan. :angry:

With the help of some strapping young women men, I would like to help lift the newly discovered statue into its rightful place on the right hand pedestal.All the time staring at Sylvia and humming Zelda noises. :thumbup:

*Samantha and others put the statue in place.*

Looks around for a toppling and/or toppled stone.

Hmm, must be from a different room then?

* :hmpf: :hmpf: :hmpf: :hmpf: I don't know, maybe it's the other "?" tile. Ya think??*

Hoorah! We did it! Both the swastika pattern and the tiles worked. Now, I'd like to help Samantha push the statue in it's place in front of the eyehook, then place the torch in its hand and light it with a match.

*Jack puts the torch in the hand of the remaining statue, connecting it to the eyehook. Like a true idiot, he wastes another match lighting it when he could've used one of the other torches. Nothing happens. There must be more to this remaining puzzle...*

That's what I'm thinking, for both of the crashes we heard.

*No, the first crash was the first "?" tile. Don't you people read? :hmpf: *

*Jack puts the torch in the hand of the remaining statue, connecting it to the eyehook. Like a true idiot, he wastes another match lighting it when he could've used one of the other torches.

I'd like to press the rewind button and do that. And shove the matchbook back down Fred's pants.

*No, the first crash was the first "?" tile. Don't you people read? :hmpf: *

No? I don't remember that...

don't kill me...

I would like to investigate the other ? square and look underneath to see what is inside, then grab it out and look at it

Ok, I just can't keep up with what we've done and not done so far, so let's lift each marked tile, X or ?, look under it, take whatever there is, put it back in place, then stomp on each and every damn one of them in each and every damn possible combination and order while listening to the pretty clicks and toppling rocks and Zelda sounds. When we're done with that, I'm going to cuss some more.

Doesn't this place have a bathroom? :hmpf_bad:

I would like to investigate the other ? square and look underneath to see what is inside, then grab it out and look at it

*Samantha looks in the chamber that was hidden by the other "?" tile. There is a safe in the chamber. The door opens up so there's no reason to remove it...*

Ok, I just can't keep up with what we've done and not done so far, so let's lift each marked tile, X or ?, look under it, take whatever there is, put it back in place, then stomp on each and every damn one of them in each and every damn possible combination and order while listening to the pretty clicks and toppling rocks and Zelda sounds. When we're done with that, I'm going to cuss some more.

Doesn't this place have a bathroom? :hmpf_bad:

*Sheldon poops after realizing the tile madness is over. Now it's onto torch madness. :devil:*

*Sheldon sticks the blade of the sword in the hole...

How the hell did you get my sword!? *huh* I don't mind or anything, it's just that I would like it close by when the demons arrive to carry off my father-in-law to the world beyond. :blush:

Diesel carefully ignores this rather odd occurrence and stands in front of his wife and her parents protectively, holding up his sword so that it glints in the dim light.

Anyway, I'm so glad we're making progress with all these puzzles, this place is such fun. Yet I'm still a bit freaked out by the apparition, and to a lesser extent the way that beast of a statue is looking at me. :look: Siegourney, I don't suppose you could go have a word with your father perhaps, and take a look at where he is pointing? He is freakin' me out.

Now that we have another statue, why don't we try moving the arms around a bit? I would like to move all the arms into the downward position, let us see where that gets us perhaps. Stay close DJ, I want you where I can see you in here. Tell your parents to come along too, if they like.

It's odd. I decided to go and try to touch what seems to be my father...

I'm tired of just looking at the apparition. I'm going to go try and touch it.

I'm with you at least this far...

...but I must have been too scared. I'll try again and be more clear this time.

*I want to try and touch my father on his hand*

..also...

*Since he can hear us I want to ask him;

1. Are you still alive?

2. If not, how can I make you live again?

3. What's the password to my trust account?

4. If you are dead, how did it happen?

5. Mum married the driver. The French one. What should I do?

6. What do we need to do to progress to the next chapter?

7. What time is is?

8. Are you writing all these anagrams?

9. What can you tell me about the Red Moon?

Status Update.

Thanks! It's hard to keep track!

Siegourney, I don't suppose you could go have a word with your father perhaps, and take a look at where he is pointing? He is freakin' me out.

Sure.

*I stand behind my father and try to see where he is pointing*

Perhaps Siegourney could ask the ghost of her father about it...

:cry_sad: He's not dead!

I'd like to press the rewind button and do that. And shove the matchbook back down Fred's pants.

*Grabs the matchbook out of Jack's hand.* I can put that down my pants myself, thank you! *Mutters about senility and returns the matchbook to it's rightful place down his pants* (OOC - I just noticed your new title :laugh: )

*Tries to peer into the crack that Jack opened up by pulling on the lever* It's a real pity he couldn't pull the lever all the way. *Clears throat* I mean, I better investigate this opening and make sure it's secure. Because I'm the Security Guard and stuff.

*Samantha looks in the chamber that was hidden by the other "?" tile. There is a safe in the chamber. The door opens up so there's no reason to remove it...*

Hmm, does the safe open by itself? Or is it new enought to need the combination? If so, is the lock a letter or number comb?

Wasn't there a number we found somewhere? Maybe it's the combination.

Now that we have another statue, why don't we try moving the arms around a bit? I would like to move all the arms into the downward position, let us see where that gets us perhaps.

Aye, I was thinking that too.

I'd like to move the fourth statue's arm so it matches the others' position. If nothing happens, I'd like to change all of the arms to the opposite position then they're in.

*Grabs the matchbook out of Jack's hand.* I can put that down my pants myself, thank you! *Mutters about senility and returns the matchbook to it's rightful place down his pants* (OOC - I just noticed your new title :laugh: )

Alright, alright, don't get excited, boy. Who needs matches when you have the Stantons?

And what do you mean, new title? I've been a sailor all my life.

*Tries to peer into the crack that Jack opened up by pulling on the lever* It's a real pity he couldn't pull the lever all the way. *Clears throat* I mean, I better investigate this opening and make sure it's secure. Because I'm the Security Guard and stuff.

Well, if you're so confident that you can do it, go ahead and pull it all the way. Did stepping on the tiles prevent the wall from crashing down? Wait, which wall? How deep are the chambers?

I'm serious...

* :hmpf: :hmpf: :hmpf: :hmpf: I don't know, maybe it's the other "?" tile. Ya think??*

Oh, of course. :grin: Sorry, I normally connect toppling sounds with that of a large pillar or a tree or something. :look: But my hearing's not what it used to be either.

Well, at least we've sorted these crazy tile puzzles. I suggest once we figure out this torch madness, that we take the torches with us when we proceed. No point wasting the last, what, 2 matches? Besides, they could help us light dark areas as well.

*Sheldon poops after realizing the tile madness is over. Now it's onto torch madness. :devil:*

Ah, that's a relief. :sweet:

So, shall I tell you where you can shove that torch? :devil:

Yes, I took a note of that somewhere.... ah!

The Safe Password is Greed ?

It makes sense... but there's no safe! :tongue:

Well we have a safe now!

*What kind of lock does this safe have?*

I was just wondering what kind of ancient temple has a safe. :look: A modern one that uses a password. :sceptic: In English... :hmpf_bad:

Curiouser and curiouser indeed. *huh*

Let's try that password! GREED it is!

Why do I get this strong feeling that that is the sort of password that leads to the doors being barred and the ceiling slowly dropping on us? :look:

Why do I get this strong feeling that that is the sort of password that leads to the doors being barred and the ceiling slowly dropping on us? :look:

Yeah... I've got a bad feeling about this. :grin:

Just the same; Greed!

(I'm getting flashbacks to the Addams Family Pinball... :cry_happy: )

I was just wondering what kind of ancient temple has a safe. :look: A modern one that uses a password. :sceptic: In English... :hmpf_bad:

I bet it's full of anagrams...

I bet it's full of anagrams...

:laugh: :laugh:

Ah, that was good. However, Diesel does have a good point. What kind of safe has the password "greed"? It sounds like a trap to me.

I do of course want to see into the safe, but I think we should, maybe, block one of the exits from closing, perhaps? You have to remember all the mechanisms we keep hearing moving everywhere, they've got to do something...

How the hell did you get my sword!? *huh* I don't mind or anything, it's just that I would like it close by when the demons arrive to carry off my father-in-law to the world beyond. :blush:

Diesel carefully ignores this rather odd occurrence and stands in front of his wife and her parents protectively, holding up his sword so that it glints in the dim light.

*Sorry. :blush: *

Now that we have another statue, why don't we try moving the arms around a bit? I would like to move all the arms into the downward position, let us see where that gets us perhaps. Stay close DJ, I want you where I can see you in here. Tell your parents to come along too, if they like.

*Diesel moves the torch-bearing arm of each statue to the down position. Nothing happens.*

It's odd. I decided to go and try to touch what seems to be my father...

I'm with you at least this far...

...but I must have been too scared. I'll try again and be more clear this time.

*I want to try and touch my father on his hand*

*The camera picks up more than your eye can. All that is there is a formless shadown, but you feel your father's presence.*

*Since he can hear us I want to ask him;

1. Are you still alive?

*A spine-chilling and other-worldly "yes" resounds near the shadow.*

2. If not, how can I make you live again?

3. What's the password to my trust account?

4. If you are dead, how did it happen?

5. Mum married the driver. The French one. What should I do?

6. What do we need to do to progress to the next chapter?

7. What time is is?

8. Are you writing all these anagrams?

9. What can you tell me about the Red Moon?

*The shadow does not respond again audibly but starts writing in the air with the pencil "N E S W" again and again.*

Hmm, does the safe open by itself? Or is it new enought to need the combination? If so, is the lock a letter or number comb?

*You're so observant. :hmpf:*

I'd like to move the fourth statue's arm so it matches the others' position. If nothing happens, I'd like to change all of the arms to the opposite position then they're in.

*Nothing happens*

Well, if you're so confident that you can do it, go ahead and pull it all the way. Did stepping on the tiles prevent the wall from crashing down? Wait, which wall? How deep are the chambers?

*Christ. The wall you almost knocked down by pulling the lever. You stopped because the lever got stuck. :hmpf: Stepping on tiles prevent the wall from falling? No, you idiot, stepping on the tiles opened the tile that was covering the safe, you block of wood!*

*A rolling combination that requires five letters...*

Curiouser and curiouser indeed. *huh*

*I'd let you enter the password if you weren't scoffing at the game details, jerk.*

*You're a paranoid freak.*

*Siegourney bipasses everyone and enters "GREED" into the safe combination. The safe opens (everyone notes that it is strange how modern the safe is) and inside there is a single sheet of paper with writing on it.*

*A spine-chilling and other-worldly "yes" resounds near the shadow.*

:cry_happy: I better tell Mum!

*Siegourney bipasses everyone and enters "GREED" into the safe combination. The safe opens (everyone notes that it is strange how modern the safe is) and inside there is a single sheet of paper with writing on it.*

Jolly good!

*I pick up the paper and read it out aloud is a sexy voice.*

*I pick up the paper and read it out aloud is a sexy voice.*

*Siegourney reads the paper out loud in a sexy voice at first, but quickly morphs into a quirky, grandmotherly sort of voice when she realizes who has written this particular note.*

"Beware ye all who enter here! Oh, I’ve always wanted to start a letter like this. Such an adventure! Fun, but filled with treachery and death. My name is Monica Maltese and I traveled to this site to see the beautiful ruins on the night of the lunar eclipse. I don’t have much time, so I’ll try to explain quickly. There is a “Brotherhood of the Vaccuus” that will try to awaken the demons. They are an ancient society bent on harnessing the power of the ruins. There are several things they need to be successful so we have hidden the necessary items. Unsettling some of these items from their resting places makes the demons a bit restless themselves, but the demons can’t be released until blood is spilled on the altar. I have found two companions who have helped me in this quest: Jonathan Falcon and Siegfried Harcourt. Unfortunately, Mr. Harcourt has passed, a very noble and brave man indeed. If you are reading this letter, beware the Brotherhood. They will arrive by midnight on the night of the eclipse. The swords have a special"

*It seems the letter has been ripped...*

Grandmother! I wonder where the rest of the letter is?

Oh, and I was thinking (how many statues are there? So much milling around an revealing new ones) N S E W are compass points, maybe we need to stand, or put something at these points? Are the statues in this position or should we all stand in the right places. Does anyone have a compass?

So.. I guess this means there are cultists among us? :look: Do we have to do a vote now to see who we think are cultists?

Well I'm going with moving the statues into a North, East, South, and West facing position. We should choose one and face it north, then go clockwise around the room moving the statues east, south, and west. Perhaps start with the one in the north-west corner of the room? How does this sound to the rest of the group?