Sign in to follow this  
Hinckley

Red Moon: Chapter Three

Could I please put the rocks in the alcove like I said? (sorry if you missed it by accident).

*What the hell? No, you missed it. You've already done it. Nothing happened... :hmpf_bad: *

I made another comment about having rows. Last post, third page.

Sorry if the old man's talking too fast for you. :tongue:

(No seriously, sorry if I'm posting talking too much).

I'll stop hogging the puzzle now...

row of light grey

row of tan

row of brown

I think the pattern has to do with the pattern of the tiles on the floor...

*Oh Oops. Sorry. :blush: This does nothing.*

*Stanton moves all of the statue's arms to the upright position with no result.*

Ooh! Sheldon! I love your girlfriend! Look what we've found! What an interesting map! Obviously, it looks like it's of the tiles in this room... It makes me wonder why there's numbers and x's and question marks...

Johnson, come here, take a look at this! Any thing you know that could help us out?

*Stanton moves all of the statue's arms to the upright position with no result.*

Alright, if they have something to do with pulleys, one position or two has got to do the trick.

Darn, I'm arrogant. :sceptic:

*'d like to finally move the arms into the outward position, as if reaching out to give you a hug*

If nothing happens, there has to be somethign else to these annoying pulleys that are in every wall, behind every interesting object. :sceptic:

Hey! Look! There's a pulley behind that rose bush! We better move around it's branches! :wacko: Come on, bushy, I need a hug!

*'d like to finally move the arms into the outward position, as if reaching out to give you a hug*

*Stanton re-arranges the arms of the statues to give everyone a hug. Nothing happens.*

*Stanton re-arranges the arms of the statues to give everyone a hug. Nothing happens.*

Nuts!

Anyone else have any ideas? :sceptic: I got nothing.

I'd like to take one of the loose grey pieces and put it in the 'missing piece' spot next to the back left corner of the statue. I've mapped out the colours of the floor as well as can be seen from the various angles I've viewed, but haven't figure out the significance of the various other markings yet. I'd like a nice map with the colours filled in... :wub:

General observation: All of the numbered spots are grey. The 2 upper red x's are reddish brown, and the central ? is tan. The other ? and red x are impossible to see thus far.

*figured

I'd like to take one of the loose grey pieces and put it in the 'missing piece' spot next to the back left corner of the statue.

*What? Can you be more specific what you are asking for?*

I'd like a nice map with the colours filled in... :wub:

*Sheldon waits for the map to fill with color. He's still waiting...*

Hey - this reminds me of the kiddie menus at Denny's. Look, if we connect these lines and these blocks, it spells DEMONS. Oops, my bad - that was BACON N EGGS. I was never good at these sorts of puzzles. :blush:

Just some observations I'm trying to analyze.

16 total bricks, 4 in each color (set)

Each set has two open (with holes), two capped/closed

From the map:

8 shaded around the room

9 forming a square in the middle

1 missing

1 #1

2 #2s

2 ?s

3 Red checks

Very interesting indeed. What to make of this?

EDIT: additional observation...

N-E-S-W forms a square as in the rotation of a clock (12 o'clock, 3, 6, 9)

*What? Can you be more specific what you are asking for?*

I don't think I can, but I'll try.

I WOULD LIKE TO TAKE ONE OF THE SPARE GREY PIECES THAT IS SITTING IN THE PILE AND PLACE IT IN THE OPENING LEFT BY THE MISSING PIECE IN THE GREY SQUARE AT THE LEFT SIDE OF THE BASE OF THE STATUE. *points at the square on the map, which he wouldn't have to do given that this is real life and he has just picked up the piece and placed it in the spot he intends*

*huh*

*Sheldon waits for the map to fill with color. He's still waiting...*

:tongue:

I would like to pick up a few of the stones/blocks. Do they seem to have different weights? (some heavier than others?) Are same-color blocks the same weight?

Not sure if you answered this, but I see that some have holes. Do these holes allign with any of the tiles/bricks on the floor?

chapter_03_03.jpg

It looks like there is a tile missing (the dark grey spot four squares to the right of the pillar). I would like to examine the spot.

I WOULD LIKE TO TAKE ONE OF THE SPARE GREY PIECES THAT IS SITTING IN THE PILE AND PLACE IT IN THE OPENING LEFT BY THE MISSING PIECE IN THE GREY SQUARE AT THE LEFT SIDE OF THE BASE OF THE STATUE. *points at the square on the map, which he wouldn't have to do given that this is real life and he has just picked up the piece and placed it in the spot he intends*

*Sheldon picks up one of the square gray stones and places it in the opening left by the missing piece to the left of the statue. He stares at it. It does nothing. He keeps staring at it. It keeps doing nothing.*

I would like to pick up a few of the stones/blocks. Do they seem to have different weights? (some heavier than others?) Are same-color blocks the same weight?

Not sure if you answered this, but I see that some have holes. Do these holes allign with any of the tiles/bricks on the floor?

*Johnson picks up the stone blocks. The ones with a tile on them seem a bit heavier than the one without.*

*And, er... what has holes? The collection of stone blocks? Some have holes? You mean the damn headlight bricks?*

chapter_03_03.jpg

It looks like there is a tile missing (the dark grey spot four squares to the right of the pillar). I would like to examine the spot.

*Diana examines the spot where the top of the stone has been eroded away. It appears that the top of the stone has eroded away...*

(I meant the headlight bricks)

Let's try this. I would like to match the map with the actual room to identify the colors of each marked square on the map ("1", "2s", "Xs", & ?). (I must admit that I'm having a hard time distinguishing the colors in the first "Red Moon" picture).

If you allow me to do this, I'd like to take each of the "headlight" bricks (that have tiles) and place them in the squares in accordance with the colors on the map (1, 2s, Xs, & ?).

I see that the statues are the shaded blocks (one missing in the right (East) side of the room), and the four center shaded areas are the columns.

Let's see if this does anything, and we will have to play with that missing piece.

(I meant the headlight bricks)

Let's try this. I would like to match the map with the actual room to identify the colors of each marked square on the map ("1", "2s", "Xs", & ?). (I must admit that I'm having a hard time distinguishing the colors in the first "Red Moon" picture).

*Johnsons maps the floor by the color of the tiles...*

chapter_03_05.jpg

I would like to investigate one of those X tiles. I'll start with the brown one two to the right of center of the main altar. If the tile is loose in any way I'd like to see what's under it, otherwise I'd like to stand on it until someone has a better idea.

Given the latest view, this is as close as I can get to actually fulfilling what we keep requesting, a map with the colours of the tiles, unobscured by statue and shadow.

redmoon_map1.png

I'd like to take two of the dark grey stones (headlights w/ tiles) and place them on top of the nearest dark grey tile on the floor (the one on the far South side of the room marked with a 2). If two doesn't fill the square, I'll try more. Can they be pushed down into the floor?

I can't guarantee it's accuracy, things get a little murky in spots.

Now... I think I'd like to visit the #1 spot and see if it's loose and hiding anything or can be pressed in some way.

I would like to investigate one of those X tiles. I'll start with the brown one two to the right of center of the main altar. If the tile is loose in any way I'd like to see what's under it, otherwise I'd like to stand on it until someone has a better idea.

*Fred starts with the tile on the right of the main altar. The tile is loose so he lifts it up. There is a matchbook under the stone.*

I can't guarantee it's accuracy, things get a little murky in spots.

Now... I think I'd like to visit the #1 spot and see if it's loose and hiding anything or can be pressed in some way.

*Sheldon pushes on the stone marked "1." It gives a bit, so he stands on it. It gives a satisfying "click" noise as if a button has been pressed. However, nothing happens*

I'd like to take two of the dark grey stones (headlights w/ tiles) and place them on top of the nearest dark grey tile on the floor (the one on the far South side of the room marked with a 2). If two doesn't fill the square, I'll try more. Can they be pushed down into the floor?

*The stones fit into the near dark gray tile, but don't fill the space completely. Nothing happens.*

*Sheldon pushes on the stone marked "1." It gives a bit, so he stands on it. It gives a satisfying "click" noise as if a button has been pressed. However, nothing happens*

A satisfying click. :wub:

Perhaps some of you could stand of on the other marked spots and see what happens?

With the help of another member of our tour, I would like to simultaneously stand on one of the dark grey spots on the floor/map marked 2.

I am also worried that the three spots marked "red X" are booby trapped so I would suggest we don't stand on those just yet.