Sign in to follow this  
Hinckley

Red Moon: Chapter Three

Yeah yeah, whatever, I'll stick with you once I've looked around a bit. This place is awesome! I have wondered about your strange obsessions with place, you didn't come on that last tour did you?

Diesel, I am not joking with you. If you are not my son-in-law, I will not even care about you, even though I don't like you, but clearly, my daughter has chosen you, and I am telling you, not to mess around with the statue anymore...

I never came here, but my father did, and that makes him your grandfather.. Don't be so rebellious, our family safety is important. Just stick together... and STAY AWAY from that god forsaken statue...

This is a very bad feeling that kept lingering behind my spines.. Such chill wind...

That is one freaky creature statue *staying far away from that thing* Maybe we shold all try syncronising our pulling of the statues? Or are the torches heavy enough to make the arms move?

*Sticking out of the plinth is an old metal eyehook.*

How very odd. The other statues have eyehooks in their hands, I wonder what this one is meant for? To hold something? I would like to pull on it and see if that opens any secret compartments or something. If it does, I'll carefully search that compartment and remove anything I find inside. If it doesn't, then I'll go stand by my wife and strike a heroic pose with my sword. If it causes that beast to come alive and start killing everyone, I suppose I'll try my best to stop it. Anyway...

It looks like there is a small pile of rubble behind the statue, too bad that party-killer tour guide won't let us go over there. :hmpf_bad: Ah well.

I don't really know what to do here, so I'd like to look closely at the statue, especially iinside the mouth.

Hey, what's in my pocket? Oh, now this is odd. I have here a stone, ah yes, the one I picked it up on my dock cos it looked kind of nice. It is weighing me down alot, it's like it has got denser....hmm...Sorry, did I say that out loud? :blush:

Well, now you know anyway.

I would like to walk around the room to see if it gets heavier if we get closer to anything.

Chris, may I take a look at that stone you have? You say it's gotten denser, now that does seem odd. I'm sure it's just a trick of the mind.

I got so caught up in looking for clues that I forgot to take in all this wonderful architecture! It's all very lovely - except, of course, for the large snake-like statue in the room. Strange that it's white, is it ivory? It couldn't be a skeleton...

I don't suppose I could take a peek in it's mouth, could I?

*Gets a better look at the black carvings / weird animal skeletons that are hanging over the archways with the torch-holding statues (entrances to the libraries?). Looks for any differences between the two of them*

Hey Willoughby! Tell us about those black things on the wall.

*Mumbles about people who don't know how to do their job. The word "pee-pot" is heard very distinctly.*

WOW!

Look at the size of that thing! It looks like some... thing... out of... AVP... :look:

Aw nuts. Dad, I knew we shouldn't have gone on this tour! Watch this, some idiot's going to do something wrong and it'll wake up the Big Momma of all these demons, who, in this case, is probably this big white statue. Then it'll keep laying eggs and face-huggers and we'll be so dead.

By the way dad, do you smoke? Cause we need a lighter...

Willoughby, have you guys ever inspected these statues, or even this room, fully? This place is a gold mine of clues, to whatever mystery we're trying to solve.

*I'd like to put the statues arm in the downward position, like the others, to see if anything happens*

*I'd like to spin Willoughby around, yank him over to me by his shoulders, and start shaking him rapidly*

You guys don't know a thing about the movies, do you?! MOTEE tours! MOTEE tours! Where for art thou BRAINS?! This entire building looks like a shrine to Satan and his pet demons, and you come around on your little tour bus with your silly little duuuude and his silly little baseball cap, bringing innocent people, having them probably getting slaughtered every tour! We're just lucky no one has died yet.

Tell me, Johnson, how many people have lost their lives on MOTEE's tour? :oh3:

What the heck is going on? :wacko: You guys are too fast! A shark skeleton, or whatever, and a key? :wacko: Oh, and I think DJ was possessing me. :tongue:

Oh wow, what an amazing place :wub: That snake-creature is just so lovely. I could spend ages in here just looking at everything, lovely scenery.

But.. these depressed stones, we don't have time to check them one by one, but surely we could try pressing down all of them at once if we coordinate a bit?

However, before we do that I'd like to climb up the scaffolding to try to get a better overview of the room.

Climb the scaffolding? Why would you want to do that? What a rowdy bunch o' hooligans you are.

To be honest, I don't feel so good... I'm going to sit down and wait for the eclipse. Yes, I would like to sit down on the ground and find inner peace while everyone else turns over stones and climbs ancient artifacts.

Actually, I would like to sit over there by the door to the ceremonial room. And maybe get a look at what's inside.

Chris, may I take a look at that stone you have? You say it's gotten denser, now that does seem odd. I'm sure it's just a trick of the mind.

I got so caught up in looking for clues that I forgot to take in all this wonderful architecture! It's all very lovely - except, of course, for the large snake-like statue in the room. Strange that it's white, is it ivory? It couldn't be a skeleton...

Well, it deffinatley seems to have gotten heavier, denser, or any other mathmarical jargon exists.

*regards the snake monster statue* Oh my, that thing is huge! It looks like.. uh, bone, er a white wood. or maybe it was carved or something. *Peeks behind the colosis* what have we here? strange little stones, I think I'll check out the small stones behind the statue (or whatever they are.) And while I'm at it I'd like to examine the bases of the columns, as they apear to have holes, perhaps the size of our key (though why a key hole would be placed on a column I have no idea.)

However, before we do that I'd like to climb up the scaffolding to try to get a better overview of the room.

*Blocks Quentin's ascent so he doesn't kill himself on the scaffolding* Everyone stay away from the scaffolding! You can grope the floor and statues as much as you'd like, but please don't do anything that clearly endangers yourself or the rest of the tour. Otherwise I might have to use this tranquilizer gun on you. Do I make myself clear?

How very odd. The other statues have eyehooks in their hands, I wonder what this one is meant for? To hold something? I would like to pull on it and see if that opens any secret compartments or something.

*Pulling on the eyehook generates more pulley sounds from behind the wall, but nothing happens...*

I don't really know what to do here, so I'd like to look closely at the statue, especially iinside the mouth.

*Sheldon bravely climbs the "altar" and peers inside the monster's mouth. Inside the leftmost "beak" is a piece of paper...*

I would like to walk around the room to see if it gets heavier if we get closer to anything.

*The stone isn't any heavier near any object. The weight may just be a figment of your imagination. But the stone is looking rather familiar to something you've seen recently...*

*Ingrid takes a look at Chris's stone. It doesn't seem to be losing or gaining any density, but she finds it vaguely familiar as well.*

*Ingrid searches the mouth of the statue again. There doesn't seem to be anything else hidden there, although it is very creepy...*

*I'd like to put the statues arm in the downward position, like the others, to see if anything happens*

*Stanton moves the arms of the statues to all be in the down position. Pulleys are heard moving behind the walls, but nothing happens.*

*I'd like to spin Willoughby around, yank him over to me by his shoulders, and start shaking him rapidly*

*Stanton picks the tiny Johnson up and throws him over his shoulder, spinning him and shaking him rapidly*

johnson.jpg

"Young man! I am pretty sure you signed a waiver-a section of which stated that you agree not to manhandle the tour guide. Now, please don't do this again or I will have to relegate you to the bus. I don't do very well when I'm dizzy. I get easily distracted until I regain my equilibrium..."

johnson.jpg

"How many times must I tell people to stay away from the scaffolding?? :hmpf_bad: "

Yes, I would like to sit down on the ground and find inner peace while everyone else turns over stones and climbs ancient artifacts.

Actually, I would like to sit over there by the door to the ceremonial room. And maybe get a look at what's inside.

*Jack sits and finds inner peace.*

*Jack looks into the ceremonial room and...*

johnson.jpg

"There's no time to look in the other rooms. The eclipse starts at midnight! Stick to this room and we'll look at the other rooms after the eclipse starts! :hmpf_bad: "

I think I'll check out the small stones behind the statue (or whatever they are.) And while I'm at it I'd like to examine the bases of the columns, as they apear to have holes, perhaps the size of our key (though why a key hole would be placed on a column I have no idea.)

*Donna examines the pile of stones along the back wall:

chapter_03_03.jpg*

*Donna also examines the holes in the bottom of each pillar. The one under construction has a different hole than the others...*

Okay, I'd like to grab the piece of paper, and hand it to anyone who thinks I've found enough clues.

Then, I'd like to compare Stanton's gem with Chris's. Stanton, my boy, are you feeling sea-sick as well?

chapter_03_03.jpg*

Back in my day, we had this toy called Lego. Maybe we're supposed to build these blocks in the space behind them.

I'd like to put the blocks, tiles up, in the empty space in the wall behind them so that the quarter-round matches the ones next to it.

Then 'd like to sit back down.

Okay, I'd like to grab the piece of paper, and hand it to anyone who thinks I've found enough clues.

*Jack grabs the piece of paper only to offer it to someone else, anyone else.*

Then, I'd like to compare Stanton's gem with Chris's. Stanton, my boy, are you feeling sea-sick as well?

*Without looking at the gem or the stone, Jack remembers that Stanton is carrying a gem, while Chris has a stone, more commonly referred to as a piece of rock.*

Back in my day, we had this toy called Lego. Maybe we're supposed to build these blocks in the space behind them.

*Jack reminisces*

I'd like to put the blocks, tiles up, in the empty space in the wall behind them so that the quarter-round matches the ones next to it.

*Jack stacks the stones, tile side up randomly into the indentation, or niche, or alcove, in the wall behind where the stones were found. Nothing happens.*

Then 'd like to sit back down.

*Jack sits and admires his handiwork...*

*Sheldon bravely climbs the "altar" and peers inside the monster's mouth. Inside the leftmost "beak" is a piece of paper...*

Oh!

*I'd like to see if there's any writing on the paper*

*Stanton moves the arms of the statues to all be in the down position. Pulleys are heard moving behind the walls, but nothing happens.*

Darn.

Alright.

*I'd like to move them all the statue's arm to the upright position*

johnson.jpg

"Young man! I am pretty sure you signed a waiver-a section of which stated that you agree not to manhandle the tour guide. Now, please don't do this again or I will have to relegate you to the bus. I don't do very well when I'm dizzy. I get easily distracted until I regain my equilibrium..."

Sorry, Johnson, I don't know what got over me. :blush:

We're still friends, right? I didn't mean to hurt you, if I did. :sad: I was just scared, because this has such a resemblance to the temple in Alien Vs. Predator, so I freaked out.

Maybe I've watched that movie once too many times... :look:

Johnson, please forgive me...

Could we have a rule that when someone finds something, crazy old men and children can't come along grabbing it? :tongue:

Now that it's been grabbed, fondled and generally looked at to determine if it has writing (duh), I'd like to READ the paper. Thanks!

*Jack grabs the piece of paper only to offer it to someone else, anyone else.*

Firecrotch wants it. Don't burn it, kid.

*Without looking at the gem or the stone, Jack remembers that Stanton is carrying a gem, while Chris has a stone, more commonly referred to as a piece of rock.*

Oh, well thank you very much. :hmpf: Say that does look familiar... no wait, never mind. It doesn't.

*Jack stacks the stones, tile side up randomly into the indentation, or niche, or alcove, in the wall behind where the stones were found. Nothing happens.*

Wait! Okay, dark grey ones, tiles up on the bottom. Let's see, four tan, four light grey, and three brown left. I'd like to look at Chris's rock again and see if it is brown. If so, I'd like to stack the rocks in this order, starting from the bottom going up of the alcove where I place the dark grey bricks:

row of light grey

row of tan

row of brown

I think the pattern has to do with the pattern of the tiles on the floor...

Johnson, please forgive me...

Shaken or stirred, if I told you once, I'll tell you again, I have no control over my urinary disfunction problem. I know that it's a big joke to you and the bull dykes, and that you're fascinated with my little problem, but I don't pee on demand (not for you or anyone else). It comes when I least expect it; in fact, you might want to look down on your shoes. (Stanton looks down to see he's standing in a small yellow puddle) . Yes, that's right. I did that earlier when we first entered the room. I was hoping that no one would notice, but since you had to "man-handle" me, I'm glad to see you pleasantly surprised.

(quickly walks away from the scene pointing and laughing at Stanton)

I'm not laughing at your urinary disfunction, Johnson, that would be rude and mean. :look: And I'm nice to you, because you're a respectable man. I wish I hadn't started shaking and yelling at you, but I can't help my monster movie phobias, and how it affects my persona. If dad hadn't gotten me that movie in the first place, I wouldn't have such a nice guy hating me right now. :sadnew:

Thanks, father. As if my social issues weren't bad enough...

Don't burn it, kid.

Baxter, watch it with the name calling, or I'll roll you out like the '70s carpet you are.

Hmmmm.

Hmmmmmmm.

Well, I have no idea. All I can think right now is that the pile of bricks Jack stacked relate to the tiles on the ground. Though there are no grey tiles. Perhaps those bricks refer to the grey columns? Oh, I don't know. Perhaps the paper can help us.

Oh!

*I'd like to see if there's any writing on the paper*

*I'd like to move them all the statue's arm to the upright position*

Could we have a rule that when someone finds something, crazy old men and children can't come along grabbing it? :tongue:

Now that it's been grabbed, fondled and generally looked at to determine if it has writing (duh), I'd like to READ the paper. Thanks!

*Stanton and Sheldon look at the piece of paper:*

chapter_03_04.jpg

Could I please put the rocks in the alcove like I said? (sorry if you missed it by accident). Eh, while ignoring the fact that the boy is too ignorant to realize that I am a lot older than the 70's...

About the piece of paper... I think the shaded tiles indicate an impressed rock, like the kind Willoughby tried to mess with. I think the question mark is on the square in front of the left library. As for the red Xs and numbers and the letters below the map, I'm not sure... oh, and the 3x3 grey area must be the altar.

And maybe we have to take a rock in put it in the "missing" piece spot. You can see that one from the picture with the statue.

Eh.