Sign in to follow this  
Eskallon

EB Community Star Wars Build

I put together a racquetball court. I don't have a spot yet, so you can put it where ever -- maybe Room 22 on Venator 2, so it's near the bathrooms, arcade, and training rooms? I pity the Jedi in Room 21 though, sandwiched between a turbolaser and a racquetball court... he should ask for a different room. :tongue:

4277634819_78c6e69c53_o.jpg

Edited by Pellaeon

I pity the Jedi in Room 21 though, sandwiched between a turbolaser and a racquetball court... he should ask for a different room. :tongue:

Nah Im fine. The constant racquet (yes I worked a pun in there) from the raquetball court will be soothing :tongue:.

My entry is coming along quite nicely. I have built it a few times trying to make it better and fiddling with it on the LDD.

Great room Pellaeon! I like the technigue for making the lines on the ground. :thumbup:

I pity the Jedi in Room 21 though, sandwiched between a turbolaser and a racquetball court... he should ask for a different room.

Haha! The turbolaser is huge too! My module(s) pretty much finished, just need to borrow camera to get some shots. :sweet:

About 6 or 7 bricks high.

Good luck to everyone and the index will be updated shortly. (tommorrow)

Hey, I would love to participate in this! Can you sign me up for rooms 5 and 6 on Venator 1 as the engine room? :thumbup:

Also, since those are interior rooms, can all four of the walls be light gray? Thanks. :classic:

- CaptainRex110

Edited by CaptainRex110

Yes, CaptainRex110, I'm sure you are aloud to make all the walls light grey, escpecially if you don't have enough to make one dark grey. I'm pretty sure though, that since they are interior, you're fine either way..... Well I made all light grey walls, with a dark grey trim, for my entry.

-'Skintas

Hmmmm.... hey Eskallon, I just noticed you said it should be six or seven bricks high. Is ten or nine ok?. And does it count for hight if its using a Technic, Liftarm 1 x 11.5 Double Bent Thick that stretches across? I don't have to use it if I can't.

Hey, I would love to participate in this! Can you sign me up for rooms 5 and 6 on Venator 1 as the engine room? :thumbup:

Also, since those are interior rooms, can all four of the walls be light gray? Thanks. :classic:

Yes, CaptainRex110, I'm sure you are aloud to make all the walls light grey, escpecially if you don't have enough to make one dark grey. I'm pretty sure though, that since they are interior, you're fine either way..... Well I made all light grey walls, with a dark grey trim, for my entry.

I have added you and Mraz Skintas is right, yes they can be all light grey as they are interior rooms.

Hmmmm.... hey Eskallon, I just noticed you said it should be six or seven bricks high. Is ten or nine ok?. And does it count for hight if its using a Technic, Liftarm 1 x 11.5 Double Bent Thick that stretches across? I don't have to use it if I can't.

Nine or ten is fine, whatever is fine within reason. So yes go ahead, good luck with the entry.

Nah Im fine. The constant racquet (yes I worked a pun in there) from the raquetball court will be soothing :tongue:.

My entry is coming along quite nicely. I have built it a few times trying to make it better and fiddling with it on the LDD.

Well I certainly approve of puns! :laugh: I guess the neighbors don't mind, so can you put my Racquetball Court in Room 22 of Venator 2, Eskallon? Thanks!

Yay! That leaves only two more rooms to fill on Venator 2! :sweet: May I be so greedy to request room 37 as a Shield Generator Room? :grin: That would leave only one more room to fill!

I hope Jammiedodger gets his medical bay done soon or else our clones will start dying left and right. :look: And my clones REALLY have to go, so if you could get the bathrooms done soon as well, JD, it would be most appreciated. :grin:

I'm also looking forward to Forresto's detention block and everyone else's entries as well!

Oh, and very nice racquetball court, Pellaeon! It looks just like the one in my gym!

Let's show those Pirates whose community build is superior! :vader:

I hope Jammiedodger gets his medical bay done soon or else our clones will start dying left and right. :look: And my clones REALLY have to go, so if you could get the bathrooms done soon as well, JD, it would be most appreciated. :grin:

My toilets are already filled up with my troops anyway, sorry. :tongue:

There are three layers of light grey on my Toilet entry. Is that okay? I have no idea where the other dark grey bricks have gone...

Let's show those Pirates whose community build is superior! :vader:

No no my young apprentice you still have much to learn ye scallywag. EVERYBODY knows which is superior. :pir-classic:

Any way I might sign up for a bar again. I love bars.

The next AA member brickme

I'm just going to ignore that blasphemy, brickme. :sadnew:

There are three layers of light grey on my Toilet entry. Is that okay? I have no idea where the other dark grey bricks have gone...

If you wouldn't have wrote "entry" at the end of that first sentence, it would have sounded very weird. :tongue: Anyway, I'm sure that's fine. As for your dark grey bricks, you might want to consider taking apart some of your old MOCs such as your prievious entries here, your CW vignettes, your Republic Base, or some old brickfilm scenes. :wink:

Yap fine like Oky said.

No no my young apprentice you still have much to learn ye scallywag. EVERYBODY knows which is superior. :pir-classic:

NO NO NO :grin: Star Wars minifigs would just get in there starfighters and activite shields before balsting the old men to bits :tongue: It goes in this order:

1.Star Wars :vader:

2.Harry Potter :wub:

3.Pirates :pir-wub:

4.Castle :knight:

5.Town :classic:

Anyway guys lets all "Stay On Target"

Edited by Eskallon

Added a WIP version of my module(s) to the entry thread. Hope it's suitable defense for our Venator! Will continue tweaking, should be complete soon.

turbolaser.jpg

Added a WIP version of my module(s) to the entry thread. Hope it's suitable defense for our Venator! Will continue tweaking, should be complete soon.

Your turbolaser is looking fantastic, pedro, I'm very impressed. I love all the greebles, the design on the walls, with the slopes and dark gray stripe leading up to the emergency lights, and your technique for the gun itself (nice use of the 1x1 round plate with hole, btw). I can see you've got a few filler pieces in there, but it's easy to imagine what it'll look like once you get all the parts you need. A couple points, though:

1. Where is the gun mounted? If it's attached in the middle of the base, the gun will have a pretty limited range of motion. I realize you're stuck with an outside wall that's 16 studs wide, but the closer the pivot point is to that outer wall, the greater the gun's firing arc will be. The cannon will start to look unbalanced if you shift it too far that way, but it's something to keep in mind.

2. The cones on the end make it look like a drill bit. An awesome, greebly drill bit, but still. I think it needs to look more like a cannon with a traditional barrel, and not something that tapers to such a fine point like that. After all, the Separatists will only see the "business end" of our turbolasers, so we want something that'll scare the socks off them -- if battle droids wore socks! :laugh:

Can't wait to see the final product! :thumbup:

Hi all,

This is my WIP for the Room 25 - venator 1 : Gunner Placements

wip-0001-v.jpg

wip-0002-v.jpg

the color of some parts is not final, as the orange cannon.

----------------------------------------

I have some question about the wall color.

color-wall.jpg

walls marked with a green arrow should be dark gray? and the last one light gray?

All comment are welcome.

1.Star Wars :vader:

2.Harry Potter :wub:

3.Pirates :pir-wub:

4.Castle :knight:

5.Town :classic:

Squeeze Toy Story in there somewhere at the top, and I'll agree with that. :grin: But yeah, let's stay on-topic.

That looks great, pedro! :thumbup: I was hoping for a movie accurate version, but this is good too. I'm loving the design of the walls and all the greebles everywhere. However, I agree with the two points Pellaeon mentioned. You should definitely loose the cone.

This is my WIP for the Room 25 - venator 1 : Gunner Placements

That looks very interesting, MeuLeu. Obviously it'll look much better when the barrel is grey too. I would remove the cone at the front since it makes the barrel look like a jet engine. I would also take away those black wing pieces. They make the whole cannon look weird and almost like a bad-guy weapon. :sceptic: Otherwise great work! :thumbup:

color-wall.jpg

walls marked with a green arrow should be dark gray? and the last one light gray?

Yes, that's what the rules state. However, it's OK apparently to have a little bit of a different color in there if you don't have enough bricks. :wink:

I can't upload the pictures! help please?

Have you checked here? :wink:

My Hair Salon is almost done and will be posted soon!

@ Eskalion: In case you haven't noticed, my Droid Repair Bay is Done. :wink: Also, the list of rooms in the Entry Thread needs some updating. You may want to have the list in one thread only so that you don't have to always update two of them.

Cheers for the feedback lads!

I was hoping for a movie accurate version, but this is good too... However, I agree with the two points Pellaeon mentioned. You should definitely loose the cone.

Actually this is based on the Venator's turbolaser as it appears in Revenge of the Sith. I worked closely to the picture below and other reference to get it to look right - down to the 3 panelled controls! Obviously the proportions have had to be tweaked a bit to get it working within the limitations but I felt it was looking pretty close.

turbolazer-reference.jpg

In answer to Pellaeon's and your points:

• The gun is mounted directly to the hull, as seen in the image with only the smallest of vertical movement available. The Venator must position itself to allow the best angle for attack, similar to lining up the broadsides in naval combat of old.
  • The cone end isn't quite right, as you've pointed out. I wasn't sure of it myself, so thanks for helping me on that one! I'll figure out something better for the end. :wink:

Thanks again for your comments. Will most likely have the finished batteries done soon.

@ Oky: Thanks for anwering the questions made by others :thumbup:

@ everyone: Sorry this week I have been behind on this, I have had a busy week. Even whenever I have been on here at the same time I have been doing something else. :classic:

<br />Cheers for the feedback lads!<br /><br /><br />Actually this <i>is</i> based on the Venator's turbolaser as it appears in <i>Revenge of the Sith. </i>I worked closely to the picture below and other reference to get it to look right

I noticed. That is really good. if you too out the cone, it would be the spitting image.

Wow! Your creations always never cease to amaze me, pedro! Lots of greebles and details on the laser and the room itself! :wub:

Great racquetball court Pellaeon! The use of SNOT for the floor is simple but effective. :thumbup: