Sign in to follow this  
Bob

Prohibition Mafia: Conclusion

Hmm. Interesting. I have to say, WhiteFang had me duped, but I suspected the rest of the scummies. Especially Big Cam. He was obvious. You will learn, young one.

I somehow had a gut feeling Shadows was once again Scum, but I kept telling myself "He's a kid, he can't be scum." but once again I survived up until the day before the conclusion.

A subtle hint that was missed on Day Five was with the tree, when I said burning it down was intentionally done.

Most of the time, gasoline is used when burning something down, pointing to either Gas Station Attendant. Of course, this was also missed over.

Sandy, I hope you won't get too personal with me the next time. My forehead don't spelt scum on it. :grin:

Actually, I figured you were scum just based on the fact that in all the games I've played with you, you've always been a townie. When was the last time you were a bad guy in these games, anyway?

But worry not, I've learned to get past my prejudices. Except with Shadows. He's always a sly bastard no matter what side he plays. :tongue:

Actually, I figured you were scum just based on the fact that in all the games I've played with you, you've always been a townie. When was the last time you were a bad guy in these games, anyway?

Don't use probability to determine my alignment. It's not very healthy. :classic:

Actually, I believe among the 9 games that I have played so far, this is my very first scum role ever in the mafia games played so far. It has really broaden my horizon and widen my perspective.

It was vaguely plausable reason,but none of you called me out on it. :P

The moment I saw that, I knew you were scum. There was no point me calling you out on it, since my goal for the day was getting Big Cam out. But really, the scum were so obvious towards the end. I still can't believe you voted out Quarryman for the booze, but I think that was a really fatal mistake on the hosts' part.

I will get my revenge! :angry: I'd watch your back dannylonglegs! I guess Stapleton is destroyed. I'll have to reincarnate into a butterfly. :grin: Anyway here's my bio.

You are a simple mail man in Stapleton. Neither rain, nor sleet, nor snow shall stop you from doing your job. Enthusiastic, you occasionally chat with people; they feel they can trust you, because even though you have the power to look through their mail, you don’t.

You have no night actions, and are just a simple townie.

I got an off-camera death? How impudent. I will have you know that failure to disclose details of mortality...was...an offence in Stapleton. Oh well, I'll leave it to the imagination.

No one suspected a 13yr old mob boss, even when I was the 13yr old. Amazing. :laugh:

..in the Discussion thread...I thought it'd be pretty funny if you were the mafia boss and a 13-year old...I was right, evidently. :tongue:

Thanks for letting me in the game - it was really fun!

I will get my revenge! :angry: I'd watch your back dannylonglegs! I guess Stapleton is destroyed. I'll have to reincarnate into a butterfly. :grin:

Finally someone recognizes me as the evil mass murderer that I was :tongue:

here's the rhyme I didn't send when I killed you;

He's got a letter, I think that it's mine

and when he delivers I'll shoot out his spine!

:devil::grin:

I can't wait for your revenge :tongue:

~Insectoid Aristocrat

I told you who I watched, didn't I? I know I was telling lots of people various things. :grin:

You think you did, but you didn't. Or did you mean to do that? :tongue:

I didn't lie about metagaming, or I'm missing your point. I still think it's one of the worst mistakes a player can make, it's too easy to trick someone by acting differently, or worse yet, you metagame out a player who ends up being on your side and lose for it. It's a dangerous tactic in almost any situation and one I hate more than any other in the game.

Sorry, I meant about what you said in Noir, about hating being scum, and being so confused in this game. Those were the key words that you said that made me believe you.

And yeah, metagaming sucks. Even when you're not metagaming.

I knew you might catch on to me, but I would have just had you killed that night if I thought you were on to me. I didn't think you were, so you lived until the end. I always figured you'd be good for the Quarry vote, and you were. :grin:

Yeah, I really screwed up on that part. I should've stopped when you said "I'll vote for Quarry, but not Draggy".

Define 'personally' :wink:

Let's just say you might be in some trouble next game. :wink::tongue:

5 scum out of 21 players. Many games start with 6. We were only able to use one conversion and that didn't take place until night 4. Daddylonglegs wasn't scum, he was neutral, but willing to work with us. :grin:

Ah, I didn't realize that DLL was converted neutral.

The one thing that confuses me is that, isn't the serial killer technically guaranteed to win? :wacko:

No, I actually think it's very hard to play as a neutral character (though I never have). You are completely alone, so if you begin to be voted off, you're pretty much screwed. You are as clueless as the townies in terms of who's on what side, so you have very little idea who to kill at night. You need to get rid of all of the scum or all of the townies, so it would be hard if you were killing some on each side by accident.

As I was reading this for the first time, I was thinking I was going to end up as the usurper of Boss Shadows. That would've made for a nice role reversal - the "meat-shielded becomes the meat-shielder", or something like that. :wacko:

If that was the case, I would be laughing at both of you. Remember where you put me in Noir? :wink:

I must admit the last day, where Bob practically placed all of the scums down there, is indeed very dangerous for us scums, and somehow that clue wasn't pick up and I don't understand why everyone went after Quarryman so badly. Guess it was the "Prohibition" thingy caught him earlier with regards to the booze.

I just didn't think Bob and DL would be that obvious. :wacko:

A subtle hint that was missed on Day Five was with the tree, when I said burning it down was intentionally done.

Most of the time, gasoline is used when burning something down, pointing to either Gas Station Attendant. Of course, this was also missed over.

Except for the fact that trees usually burn without gasoline. :tongue:

here's the rhyme I didn't send when I killed you;

He's got a letter, I think that it's mine

and when he delivers I'll shoot out his spine!

:laugh: If I read in the paper that someone is leaving little poems after he kills, I'll tell the police you should be the Number One Suspect.

I was pretty sad, because you guys lost your investigator the first night. :laugh:

---

Here's my bio...

You help your husband run the Stapleton Diner, a small little hangout of all the people of Stapleton. Recently, you’ve noticed an increase in Mob Activity. You took it upon yourself to inform the BOI about all the scum you find. You are the town’s investigator.

You also had a daughter with your husband and you named her Mary, She is 13 years old.

You are a townie.

Ricey, you made quite a mistake. :wink:

You were the paranoid investigator, so I guess it wasn't a huge loss.

Louis was the investigator? Why is there always a Black Sheep?

You took it upon yourself to inform the BOI about all the scum you find.

I think that's a clue. :classic:

No sir, it's a paddlin' :tongue:

jasper.jpg

Louis was the investigator? Why is there always a Black Sheep?

Martin, honey, I couldn't tell you. I'm sorry I lied to you, but in case you were scum, I had to keep myself protected. At the point in the game I was at, I had to consider everyone a suspect. :grin:

At least I'm with you for all eternity. :wub:

My. . . Dad. . .MAFIA! This was a great game! No scum deaths and we towniesbasiclly got screwed,, so sad :grin:

bio: You just turned 18, You work at the cinema. Your father, Robbie Willis, owns it. You sell snacks, and sometimes fix the machines if they break. Recently, you were held hostage by the mob, but eventually released, Ever since then all you've wanted is revenge.

Edited by Forresto

I'm kind of glad it finished this early, I'm going on a camp tomorrow for a week, And would've wanted to see the results. :tongue:

First off I'd like to thank bob for co-hosting and saving my megablocks by taking over the taking of pics. :thumbup:

And thanks to everyone who signed up. :classic:

I'd also like to say that most of the mistakes were bobbo. just sayin' :laugh: , Although I had afew there too :tongue: , After all it was out first time to host and the first game that's been co-hosted.

Also from the begining we thought the scum might have the advantage. (After all, Who would suspect a 13 Year old mob boss, A female dancer who could block(Was a reference to my character in Noir :wink: ), A Cinema worker & a cop.). :tongue:

Anyway thanks again for everyone who participated, And I for one think we got some good new mafia players out of this. :classic:

I may have a longer post once i get back from camp, If anyone still gives a crap.

But worry not, I've learned to get past my prejudices. Except with Shadows. He's always a sly bastard no matter what side he plays. :tongue:

A confession, folks! If I die on night 1 in a game, you'll know that Sandy is scum! :grin:

..in the Discussion thread...I thought it'd be pretty funny if you were the mafia boss and a 13-year old...I was right, evidently. :tongue:

I cringed at that until I started laughing. :laugh:

Sorry, I meant about what you said in Noir, about hating being scum, and being so confused in this game. Those were the key words that you said that made me believe you.

Ah yes, that was a good one. To be honest, I just like playing, but I do think that most of the time it's easier to be scum. You might lose, but you never feel as out of control as when you're loyal.

One of the secrets to playing good scum is to think loyal. How would I feel right now if I was loyal? What kinds of things would I be trying to use as evidence, excluding anything that might actually be helpful? What are the townies thinking and how can I support their incorrect beliefs? It makes the game a lot more fun once you get that down. :wink:

Of course, the other option is to fly low and avoid notice. I never get to do that, even when I try, so if you ever see me doing that, don't think anything of it, I just need a break. Or maybe I'm lying again. You'll have to wait and see, huh? :devil:

If that was the case, I would be laughing at both of you. Remember where you put me in Noir? :wink:

In Noir I was practically playing a part I'd played before in MC1 (my first game) where my boss was ... TinyPies. What are the odds I randomly got that role for the second time ever and it just happened to be his game? :hmpf::laugh:

Except for the fact that trees usually burn without gasoline. :tongue:

That was the worst clue. :laugh:

Oh and for the record...

This is your character:

Susan Webb (Townie)

You are a dancer, Every Friday night, you and Sarah Wolf go down to the Stapleton Diner, and sing and dance for the townsfolk. It’s the only thing that can lighten their moods in this time of despair. You have no night actions, and you are a simple townie.

You win when all the scum are dead or captured.

(If you have any questions please PM me and/or Bob)

So I made everybody happy on friday nights with sarah. Sarah I will get vengenance for betraying the name of dancer. I'd watch your back in future games...

Oh nuts. You worked for me and YG-49?

Sheesh... I wish someone would have stated that in my bio, because then I may have been just a bit more protective of you and Sarah.

Even though... WAIT! TinyPies! You liar!

Sarah, wanna be friends? :sweet: I know I never, you know, watch you, because it'd be kind of weird, but you seem like a smart young woman!

Let's be friends!

Sure, why not? :sweet: In these bleak times, we need all the friends we can.

Turns out I did watch you, because you were at my diner. :grin:

But regardless, I hired a scum to work at my diner! I have such bad taste. :laugh:

Edited by Striker

Ah yes, that was a good one. To be honest, I just like playing, but I do think that most of the time it's easier to be scum. You might lose, but you never feel as out of control as when you're loyal.

Sure, sure. Next thing you're going to be telling me is how playing scum sucks. Again. :tongue:

One of the secrets to playing good scum is to think loyal. How would I feel right now if I was loyal? What kinds of things would I be trying to use as evidence, excluding anything that might actually be helpful? What are the townies thinking and how can I support their incorrect beliefs? It makes the game a lot more fun once you get that down. :wink:

Of course, and vice versa. If I'm a townie asnd want to know who's scum, I put myself in every other player's shoes and determine their alliance. Obviously it didn't work this time, though. :laugh:

In Noir I was practically playing a part I'd played before in MC1 (my first game) where my boss was ... TinyPies. What are the odds I randomly got that role for the second time ever and it just happened to be his game? :hmpf::laugh:

I know. But it would've been great for me to have you be in my place, and TinyP in yours in Noir. Or rather, you in his and vice versa from MC1. Either way, I would love to see that so I can point and laugh. :laugh:

Of course, and vice versa. If I'm a townie asnd want to know who's scum, I put myself in every other player's shoes and determine their alliance. Obviously it didn't work this time, though. :laugh:

Non-sense! You did it so well that on day four I thought you were scum, and on day 5,when I knew who some of the scum were, you did exactly what the other scum were doing :tongue:!

~Insectoid Aristocrat

Edited by dannylonglegs

As an outsider it's pretty informative to read this 'after-party' thread, especially with everyone's roles being posted and the experienced players' feedback on the game. I find it hard to follow a game by just reading the 'day'-threads. I guess it's more learning-by-doing and not so much by merely observing. Maybe I'll give it a go with ImperialScout's upcoming mafia-game.

As an outsider it's pretty informative to read this 'after-party' thread, especially with everyone's roles being posted and the experienced players' feedback on the game. I find it hard to follow a game by just reading the 'day'-threads. I guess it's more learning-by-doing and not so much by merely observing. Maybe I'll give it a go with ImperialScout's upcoming mafia-game.

Rick, it's much better for you to experience it yourself, in your role, so you are able to interact with one another and at the same time, trying to find out whom we really are. Glad you have been following up this game, and yes, it can be hard to follow, but once you have seen the ending/conclusion, it all make sense. Looking forward to your participation in the upcoming mafia game, and hope you will get selected. :classic: