Sign in to follow this  
lisqr

31. Fortune Teller

21570_893682910133_1204489_49666491_7927813_n.jpg

Oh, yes... I see your future...

21570_893682905143_1204489_49666490_1673070_n.jpg

AHHHHHHHHHH!!!

21570_893682915123_1204489_49666492_8358507_n.jpg

Close up of the fortune teller in a skirt. I do have a long skirt piece, but we all like short skirts don't we ;)

copy_of_dscn2216.jpg

Top view

Edited by Erdbeereis

That is awesome, I love the beast coming out of the water, and how you can slightly see it in the first pic.

Very creative!

I guess I'll be the first entry. (Maybe not...)

AhA! I was wondering when you'd catch on :pir_laugh2::pir-classic:

This is an interesting MOC. It certainly isn't what I was envisioning for the fortune-teller spot (which I considered taking at first). Considering your limited collection, it's rather well done. I would get rid of the, for lack of a better word, overhang, at the bottom, where your baseplate exceeds the 16x16 limit. And I'm also not certain why the fortune-teller is such a malevolent figure. I think that what was more intended was an old gypsy woman who reads palms, not an evil short-skirt-wearing (good job on that, btw) witch who feeds people to sharks. Then again, that's just me. Clever MOD of the Guardian of the Deep, I might add.

Oh, and the photo from above is supposed to be DIRECTLY above, so that they can photoedit them together at the end. The way yours is it'll end up looking tilted.

EDIT: It appears that our entries have something in common other than their earliness - they both use this piece! Pretty weird...

Edited by Tereglith

May I ask how the skirt was created lisqr? I'm pretty certain that this part hasn't been released (according to Peeron) in black yet? How did you get the cheeses so perfectly downwards without headlight bricks? Even 8058, where the monster comes from, doesn't contain that piece in black!

Good work all the same though, and great to see such a fast turnaround for a MOC of the new Atlantis sets. I could never bear to pull a new model to pieces for at least a month post construction!

May I ask how the skirt was created lisqr? I'm pretty certain that this part hasn't been released (according to Peeron) in black yet? How did you get the cheeses so perfectly downwards without headlight bricks? Even 8058, where the monster comes from, doesn't contain that piece in black!

Good work all the same though, and great to see such a fast turnaround for a MOC of the new Atlantis sets. I could never bear to pull a new model to pieces for at least a month post construction!

It's just a normal black 1x1 headlight. Because of the way the torso dress is printed, it looks like the cheeses are perfectly downward. But it's not.

p.s. I pull the new model apart right after I built it. :)

AhA! I was wondering when you'd catch on :pir_laugh2::pir-classic:

This is an interesting MOC. It certainly isn't what I was envisioning for the fortune-teller spot (which I considered taking at first). Considering your limited collection, it's rather well done. I would get rid of the, for lack of a better word, overhang, at the bottom, where your baseplate exceeds the 16x16 limit. And I'm also not certain why the fortune-teller is such a malevolent figure. I think that what was more intended was an old gypsy woman who reads palms, not an evil short-skirt-wearing (good job on that, btw) witch who feeds people to sharks. Then again, that's just me. Clever MOD of the Guardian of the Deep, I might add.

Oh, and the photo from above is supposed to be DIRECTLY above, so that they can photoedit them together at the end. The way yours is it'll end up looking tilted.

EDIT: It appears that our entries have something in common other than their earliness - they both use this piece! Pretty weird...

I don't have anything that looks like old gypsy woman. This is the closest I can get. I used a different head piece to make her look less evil. The original figure is from the Fright Knights sets.

My "baseplate" is actually 18x16 + the overhang. I can't quite fit the shark on without making it bigger. Looking at the map, there is nothing around the fortune teller. So I assume it's ok. Same goes for the directly above photo. If it's not ok, I can change it.

I like it, the fortune teller looks hot, not to be messed with, and the shark and the cage are a very lovely addition. I would have loved it if you made her shack a little bit bigger. But with little parts you did a really nice job!