Sign in to follow this  
Rook

CABG Venator

Very impressive work! :classic: huge Venator -that really makes legos official to look shameful (well it does anyway) but it seems that those wingflaps of the eta-2 are well- wrong side up -that is inside wih those stripes- well sorry :grin: always when i see something huge and impressive i quickly find some error there- it is great work anyway- glad to see so good sw-moc :thumbup:

Wow :wub: Amazing Venator Rook. Most big moc ships like this dont have an interior but that is what I like about ships, you however have done it perfectly.

Well done and this is the best venator I have ever seen.

CRASH LANDING!

Here she is the pile is about 4 inches deep in the centre.

Thats one big pile you've got there. 4 months of work in pieces... :cry_sad:

Part 3: Members tried guessing how many pieces it took to make it. (We'll find out as count them when I shred it in early 2010.)

But you'll still have to count those bricks to answer part 3 :wink::laugh:

Ah yes I guess I may have missed posting that part here. It took about 7 hours to shred it and then another 6 hours for my wife and me sort the pieces so I decided not to count them. I figured it would be at least another 5-10 hours just counting and I wasn't going to waste a day doing that. :cry_sad:

Ho much do you think this is worth, $/£200, $/£300?

That's pretty easy. Average brick in Canada is/was about $0.10 CAD. MOC is roughly 20,000 pieces. 20,000 x $0.10 = $2000 CAD. $2 = $/£1. Therefore (2000 / 2) = $/£1000. :thumbup: However this MOC is built by using pieces form hundreds of TLC sets. Therefore if you were to buy each set used in it's construction...

$$$ x $$$ = $$$!!! :tongue:

PS: Also note there's a lot pieces that were won via contests in this set, plus the time spent building it, etc. To turn around and sell this bad boy would cause sticker shook to about 99.1% of the people on this planet.