Rijkvv

Digital Designed Layouts and Track Plans

I work at my layout. The problem is the editing. The last one was too big. I think this one will fit.

lauoutv5.png

The problem is the wall in my room, it's diagonal. I can't use all space. I calculated how far the track had to be from the edge (I want to run the DD-IRM designed by James Mathis). For the same reason I have to check out if a windmill fits (maybe the Vestas one, built with downloaded instructions).

I have to check out if a windmill fits (maybe the Vestas one, built with downloaded instructions).

Try the smaller wind turbine set, it will fit. I had 2 plus another one being erected in a small space. I doubled the height and powered them with micromotors and a train controller to get slow speed.

Here is a link to video of the wind turbines in action.

taupo37.jpg

You're maybe right. It also depends in what direction the turbine is placed, as well as the height of the table. I may test it later.

I cheated with this layout. Normally I hate modifying LEGO, but now I planned to modify LEGO myself. Or I ask my father for help, he's not as clumsy as I am. I want to shorten two 9V tracks, as described in Railbricks #2.

Hello,

here is my actual track - zipped!

Greetings Tom

P.S.: I have only curved tracks left, but if you have some ideas how to improve the track, please tell me!

track1.zip

Hello,

Greetings Tom

P.S.: I have only curved tracks left, but if you have some ideas how to improve the track, please tell me!

That is a great track Thomas! You should deep link it so that everyone can see it without having to download the zip file. You can do that by posting it on Brickshelf and making an image link to it. Do you have pictures of the actual layout itself? If so, you could also put those on brickshelf (but no need to link them to this thread as this is specifically for virtual layouts).

I am looking forward to seeing some pictures! :classic:

Edited by missouri_bb63

That is really an awesome track layout Thomas. It would be really nice if you could shows us some real pics from it. At least, if it exist in reality ofcourse.

Hello aawsum and missouri_bb63,

of course this track layout is reality, down in my cellar!

Its build with 9v tracks.

I hope you do not expect too much, because the lego environment is a little bit poor, no houses, train stations and so on ("dont waste bricks and money for buildings" :classic: )!

I will post some pictures as soon as possible (next week), because I am on holiday!

I zipped the track layout, because I only had a few kilobytes left for attachments, so I will check how to manage it with brickshelf or so!

Many greeting!

Thomas

Here you see how my tracks are growing during the time

The tracks are designed with a program

called track designer to creatie the layout on paper

Also a part list is included of alle used tracks

my tracks

this is the last version i have made for the moment:

spoor%2031-7-2005.jpg

outside tracks is 12volt within tracks 9 volt is in the middle we have an automatically movable bridge

movable bridge

Patje

:blush:

Very impressive layout!

Only one question your tracks are sometime very close-by.

Do the trains touch in this section?

Tom

That is a great layout Patje! I saw the pictures in your Brickshelf account quite some time ago. The reason why I noticed them at the time was because of the cat sitting and lying in the middle of the layout. My cats used to do that all the time. I was always amazed that they used to walk in and out of the layout causing minimal damage. :classic:

I think I need to make a cat GIF for BlueBrick to add realism to my virtual layouts. :laugh:

Edited by missouri_bb63

Hi!

This is my planned Layout (Attachment)

There are two industrial buildings, the one at the yellow hillside should become a woodwork or a sawmill (something with wood), the other is planned as a brewery.

In front of the brewery, the cars are shunted with only one switch! I lent this idea form:

Gloverat (German link) (See: "Rangieren mit nur einer Weiche und der Gravitation").

Stefan

Edit: The grey bar divides the table into two scenes. Result: The two industries seem to be far apart each other.

zwei_industrien_anfahren2.zip

Edited by Leergut

Very impressive layout!

Only one question your tracks are sometime very close-by.

Do the trains touch in this section?

Tom

On the plan it seems indeed very dense,

but in reality there sits a plate of 2x3 studs betwee, the tracks

the train do not touch each other

With the old trains its something else

they are more widely and then its difficult.

:cry_sad:

Hi!

This is my planned Layout (Attachment)

Stefan

Edit: The grey bar divides the table into two scenes. Result: The two industries seem to be far apart each other.

I can't wait to see the actual layout! Will you be making it soon? I noticed you had mountains as one of the layer names. Will you actually be making mountains? :classic:

I also noticed there were some breaks in your BlueBrick track. I guess the real track will be forced into the correct shape? My previous layout was also forced to fit together... and now I am trying to find a way of making the track properly in BlueBrick. It's not so easy when you can't break the rules. :wink:

As this is my last weekend before going back to work I have been pushing ahead with my virtual layout (I vow to build a real one again one of these days).

I have used the area and text layers in BlueBrick to highlight the different zones in the layout. I have added a few new GIFs today and I'll add a few more tomorrow, which I will post in the BlueBrick discussion thread before the end of the weekend. There is still a load more to add, especially to the paradise beach, industrial area and space center, but that will have to wait.

I haven noticed that some of the zone colors look pretty similar unless the image is viewed in full size.

niederpoecking4.png

By they way Patje, I just saw the moving bridge video you posted! That is really great! What do you use to control it?

Edited by missouri_bb63

By they way Patje, I just saw the moving bridge video you posted! That is really great! What do you use to control it?

I You use 2 x 4.5v. old train engines and placed in serial on 9 volt transfo.

:wink:

Edited by patje

I You use 2 x 4.5v. old train engines and placed in serial on 9 volt transfo.

:wink:

Very cool! I actually have a few of those old motors (in storage along with the rest of my Lego), so when I get around to building a layout again I will try that out!

Hey,

My cousin (8) and i built this simple layout two weeks ago. It seems to be symmetric, and that makes it beautiful to me.

I cannot share images, because it existed only 4 hours :)

Leergut

Hi Leergut. That is nice and symetrical! It's a shame there aren't any pictures. I noticed you also zip your files and attatch them to your posts. Might I recommend that you use the "export picture" function in BlueBrick and then put the picture of your BlueBrick layout on a website such as Brickshelf or Flickr with a deep link to your post in Eurobricks?

That way everyone can see your layouts without having to download and unzip the files. You also won't have any problems with the limited attatchement size in this forum.

This link provides a quick instruction on how it works.

I am looking forward to seeing more layouts soon!

Here are some pictures from my "test set up" down in the cellar, as promised last year!

Tom

Pictures:

bild039a.th.jpg

bild038av.th.jpg

bild036ad.th.jpg

bild035ad.th.jpg

bild034a.th.jpg

bild033ag.th.jpg

Very cool! I actually have a few of those old motors (in storage along with the rest of my Lego), so when I get around to building a layout again I will try that out!

here you have what specific pictures of the bridge.

pictures of movibel bridge

greets Patje.

:blush:

I design my layouts on BlueBrick. I pretty much base my towns on Moushole, a town in Southwestern England.

Here's a little sneak peak at our layout for Brickworld 2010 (you can click the picture for a larger view). It will be 12.5' x 18' and will be using primarily the 'Cafe Corner Building Standard'. We have also made a significant LifeLites purchase and will have most of our buildings lit for the 'World of Lights'.

4595299985_6bc0e4054c.jpg

Enjoy!

-Davey

tot-lug_100x40.jpg

Here is my layout for the local train show a few weeks from now. Buildings are not shown. The gray base plates are not actually there, they only function to show where the tables are (five 8x2.5 feet tables, four 6x2.5 feet tables). The missing gray plates at the top is a 6 feet long bridge.

post-10641-1275589819.jpg

That is a serious amount of track! I am really looking forward to seeing actual pictures of this. Which event will you be showing this at?