69 members have voted

1. 1. Vote your opinion

• Poor
    • Below Average
    • Average
    • Above Average
    • Outstanding

Thanks for the review KimT! :sweet:

The really long flick-fire missiles are odd (a flick-fire piece on another flick-fire piece :wacko:), but the overall set looks like a great deal! Lots of dark blue, a rocket droid commander, and a new printed design on the ball cockpit pieces!

Nice set. Good review, but I don't think these droids need controls since the ship itself is a droid and it controls itself.

I can't wait to get this along with the Hyena. It'll be nice having two great vehicles and 6 Rocket Battle Droids all for $40. This set and the Hyena feel like they are supposed to go together.

i like this ship... it cant be an easy model to design for Lego designers, especially the cockpit... which is totally absent... they should have dealt with that in a different way...

it looks quite big as well... ah yes... i'd like a UCS-version please... :tongue:

it looks quite big as well... ah yes... i'd like a UCS-version please... :tongue:

Indeed, getting this as a UCS would be awesome.

:wub:

Nice review- ok set- but nothing interesting- rocket droids?!? again- why? :sceptic: they are so rare in cw that those aren't needed so many- at least commander now have painted patterns so i wait to see original commanderdroid with yellow markings but that is not interesting :hmpf_bad: I would rather see new accurate buzzdroids -Still i disagree with you about stickers- fighter looks dumb without them :sick: - well -your fighter not mine so let it be but old tridroidfighter had stickers as well and actually they are nice -i don't love printed pieces... and of course flickfires- dumb.... :hmpf:

I saw this set at Toysrus, but it was $30. I don't think it's worth that much even if you get a "rare" commander droid.

I may end up waiting for a sale to get it if I do get it at all.

Actually, this fighter has never appaered in TCW. It could be seen in the opening scene of EP.III., at the Battle of Coruscant.

it is clone wars vehicle, it was used first time at battle of Praesitlyn, than later on Boz Pity,Saleucami,Belderone...

also it was feat in

Star Wars: Clone Wars – "Chapter 22"

Star Wars: Clone Wars – "Chapter 23"

Star Wars: Clone Wars – "Chapter 25"

and since CloneWars 3D series will have more than 100 episodes we gonna se this fighter for sure in later stages of the war.

OT:

love the design of this one, finaly they made proper sized version..old version was way to small and inaccurate. rocket command battle droid is big plus for me. new parts are nice.

9.5/10

it is clone wars vehicle, it was used first time at battle of Praesitlyn, than later on Boz Pity,Saleucami,Belderone...

also it was feat in

Star Wars: Clone Wars – "Chapter 22"

Star Wars: Clone Wars – "Chapter 23"

Star Wars: Clone Wars – "Chapter 25"

and since CloneWars 3D series will have more than 100 episodes we gonna se this fighter for sure in later stages of the war.

I didn't say, that it is not a clone wars vehicle. i just said, it hasn't appeared in TCW YET. Although, TX-130S Fighter Tank is a TCW model, but hasn't appeared in TCW. Why I think, this set is ROTs, is because ARC 170 starfighter came out parallel with it, and it's a good "pair" of that set.(both featured in the battle of Coruscant) It doesn't mean I am totally right, just I believe in this "theory".

I didn't say, that it is not a clone wars vehicle. i just said, it hasn't appeared in TCW YET. Although, TX-130S Fighter Tank is a TCW model, but hasn't appeared in TCW. Why I think, this set is ROTs, is because ARC 170 starfighter came out parallel with it, and it's a good "pair" of that set.(both featured in the battle of Coruscant) It doesn't mean I am totally right, just I believe in this "theory".

i would say it is both ROT and CW

and yes it is nice pair to ARC 170 thats for sure.

TX 130 as far as I know was in some game and couple of novels...i was supprised to see lego doing this model...its not popular model, or well known....there are far better stuff lego should released instead of this one...

Edited by Davor

'I'm so confused !' :sing: Chowder - Chowder (CN)

So this is CW now, the talk before was ROTS to go with ARC170 - you know bad guy vs good guy ! :look:

Goodness we need the word from Lego what media vehicle these sets are from ?

How's the droids going to control this fighter with no control unit?!?

tri-fighter is automated droid superiority fighter with integrated droid brain and no passenger or cargo capacity . its not cockpit its reactor chamber.

LEGO made the same mistake already with 7678 Droid gunship and totaly ugly and wrong colored Tank droid in 7258...both are automated units with droid brains and no pilot, no passinger or cargo capacity

Edited by Davor

So this is CW now, the talk before was ROTS to go with ARC170 - you know bad guy vs good guy ! :look:

It appeared in other works(comics, books,ect) from the time of the clone wars(the time period between AotC and RotS), but hasn't appeared in The Clone Wars 3D series. Is it ok now?

great review. something bothers me about this set, is it a ROTS set or a clone wars set? i am asking this because tri-droid fighter was not seen in clone wars animation, but strange enough those rockets droids were also not present in the Rots.

Looks like Episode III, as:

-there are no cartoonish designs like those on the RAG, no cartoonish minifigures like in most sets (although these figures were included in them), and the box isn't neccesarily used for CW (it's used for OT, PT and EU too)

-it's fairly accurate, from the looks of it at least

-it's advertised in the manual with a non-CW set, the ARC-170 starfighter (and no other sets)

-Lego may be returning to their PT theme a bit (like with the Swamp Speeder)

-they are re-releasing a figure in it that was in a non CW set (although you could argue Fit Fisto looks like he could pass as either)

Love this set though, along with the ARC. Look to buy this and the ARC, the Mon Calamari Cruiser and finally the Slave 1 as this year's SW sets.

While the Commander is interesting, as a $25 set I'm not too interested. A UCS model, however, would be absolutely beautiful. :wub:

I too agree that a UCS version would be great.

My set came with a misprinted Droid Commander head, but luckily LEGO sent a replacement, I actually got this more for the set than the figures.

I don't collect Star Wars, but I bought this today because it was 20% reduced, mainly because I read it had some good parts. I'm not sure what it is supposed to 'be', but I really like the look of it. Although I do wonder how the pilot controls the ship, but perhaps they do it through some 'wi-fi' network, because the pilot and space ship are both computers, I dont know.

Which brings me on to the point of my post...

I did this pretty fast,

To be totally honest I had to really concentrate building this! Normally when I buy sets (and I bother to build them...), I do so with a half interest, skipping pages, racing to the end. But I went wrong a few times with this, had to really examine the instructions! I found it to be created from many small parts, whilst building the three 'arms' was a bit repetitive, the fact that nearly all the pieces are small makes it for me both an intresting build, and good value for future MOC. I feel that this is a really great set, interesting and usefull small parts, and a build that really kept my attention, and made me think about what I was doing!

I don't collect Star Wars, but I bought this today because it was 20% reduced, mainly because I read it had some good parts. I'm not sure what it is supposed to 'be', but I really like the look of it. Although I do wonder how the pilot controls the ship, but perhaps they do it through some 'wi-fi' network, because the pilot and space ship are both computers, I dont know.

ship itself is a "pilot". there is no cockpit. ship itself is a droid.

Actually TLC incorrectly included a cockpit incorrectly, there should be a brain in that "cockpit" ball. :wink:

This is one of the better parts sets. Has a lot of detail pieces. I ended up taking it apart and tossing the pieces in my lego bin 2 days after I built it and now regret applying the stickers. Great review!

Actually TLC incorrectly included a cockpit incorrectly, there should be a brain in that "cockpit" ball. :wink:

They didn't really do it incorrectly, they just didn't put one in.(most likely for parts limit, but in the previous version it had a droid in it)

They didn't really do it incorrectly, they just didn't put one in.(most likely for parts limit, but in the previous version it had a droid in it)

Yeah, there's no place to fasten bricks inside those cockpit pieces and I can't see an official set having a loose brain flopping around in there.

NO! they DID IT INCORRECTLY - THERE IS NO COCKPIT! THERE IS NO PILOT there is no walking talking droid minifigure that should go there.

The same stupid thing lego did with Corporate alliance tank droid in there first version 7258 "Wookiee Attack" - they put pilot droid in the tank and this tank is automated no-pilot-no-passinger unit.

Tri-fighter is automated droid starfighter like Vulture droid, Hyena bomber or scarab fighter.

Crew : Integrated droid brain

Passengers: None

Cargo capacity: None

"The bracing arms surrounded the droid's advanced artificial brain, housed in a rotating, gyroscopic core.[5] The droid tri-fighter had three independent thrusters, providing it with great agility, and a powerful reactor and control/commucations transceiver that gave the craft unusual range for a fighter drone."

http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Tri-fighter

http://images3.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb2008...Tri-fighter.jpg

Edited by Davor

NO! they DID IT INCORRECTLY - THERE IS NO COCKPIT! THERE IS NO PILOT there is no walking talking droid minifigure that should go there.

The same stupid thing lego did with Corporate alliance tank droid in there first version 7258 "Wookiee Attack" - they put pilot droid in the tank and this tank is automated no-pilot-no-passinger unit.

Tri-fighter is automated droid starfighter like Vulture droid, Hyena bomber or scarab fighter.

Crew : Integrated droid brain

Passengers: None

Cargo capacity: None

"The bracing arms surrounded the droid's advanced artificial brain, housed in a rotating, gyroscopic core.[5] The droid tri-fighter had three independent thrusters, providing it with great agility, and a powerful reactor and control/commucations transceiver that gave the craft unusual range for a fighter drone."

http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Tri-fighter

http://images3.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb2008...Tri-fighter.jpg

Actual ship has sphere, Lego set has sphere.

You could do something radical like NOT put a droid inside the sphere, which is accurate to the ship, and even has relatively accurate printing, and be happy that they gave you some extra minifigs. At least they nailed the number of thrusters so you don't have to complain about that as well.

PS. Its a $20 set.

Edited by gotoAndLego