Sign in to follow this  
Fistach

MOC: Pushback tractor

00.jpg

[GALLERY]

Please click thumbnails

Pushback tractor is a truck used to push the planes around the terminals to avoid damaged caused by picked up debris from the ground by the planes' engines. These vehicles are low profiled and very heavy (up to 55 tons or more). Companies which produce these vehicles insist on using them to pushing the planes all the way to airstrip to save air petrol and to reduce pollution. Refer to google for more information.

Tech sheet:

Length: 325 mm

Width: 115 mm

Height: 100 mm

Weight: 916 g

Speed: 0,16 m/s

Turning radius: 600 mm

I used following power functions' parts.

2x PF Medium

3x PF Light

1x Cable 200 mm

1x PF IR (Both channels occupied)

1x New type battery box

I build this truck when I had seen some photos of the airfields. I also wanted to use my new white bricks and take a break from telehandler project.

Functions:

motors.jpg

The vehicles is driven by rear axle only. Steering is performed by medium motor with double reduction.

Appearance:

MOC is very simple but I tried to make it look as nice as possible. I don't have many white bricks though but I hope you will enjoy it. Check the gallery!

photo_1.jpg_thumb.jpg photo_2.jpg_thumb.jpg photo_3.jpg_thumb.jpg photo_4.jpg_thumb.jpg

photo_5.jpg_thumb.jpg photo_6.jpg_thumb.jpg photo_7.jpg_thumb.jpg

Movie

I shot and edited short movie.

Any critics and comments are encouraged.

Edited by Intact

I like that building style...with tiles and curves!

Windshield is great.

I don't like that vehicles, I was thinking about building one, but they just don't work for me!

I am glad to see you build it.

Did you base your design on specific tractor model?

Now you just have to build appropriate scale plane :tongue:

Very smooth and compact! How much can it tow?

I don't know. These are the only 4 wheels I have so I can't even make a trailer.

I like that building style...with tiles and curves!

Windshield is great.

I don't like that vehicles, I was thinking about building one, but they just don't work for me!

I am glad to see you build it.

Did you base your design on specific tractor model?

Now you just have to build appropriate scale plane :tongue:

Yeah I would have to build it in the garage :)

really smooth and slick. I love the way you have left easy access to the battery!

Thank you mates!

Very nice and functional MOC. I like the fact that it is so smooth and that you managed to put the motors in this compact vehicle.

Great work!

Looks great. I always liked the appearance of these pushbacks in real life, and your model captures the look very well.

It's really nice. I've seen those before at the airport. I left you a comment and 5 rating on your youtube vid. :)

I was curious, did you setup center steering so that it can drive straight?

It's really nice. I've seen those before at the airport. I left you a comment and 5 rating on your youtube vid. :)

I was curious, did you setup center steering so that it can drive straight?

Unfortunately not. It would have been perfect if I had micromotor but I had to use the medium motor for steering with double reduction thus resulting in no free space for centering the steering. I would have been able to add a 3 piston engine dummy also :(

Thanks for the comments! I'm right now coming to an end with 11 motors Telehandler!

I am disassembling the truck today and I will share photos of interiors with you guys:)

Edited by Intact