ZCerberus

WIP Phantom MkII

Still working- some more updates...

Need more light for better pictures- darned northern hemisphere in December!

aaphantom.jpg

I need to redo the sails eventually and there is still plenty of detail work to do- but there is some nice progress here... I think...

img_4539.jpg

img_4542.jpg

img_4547.jpg

img_4564.jpg

img_4567.jpg

img_4557.jpg

Z, Thats just magic, my eyes deceive me, thats made of Lego!

Yeah- and all that Lego makes it EXTREMELY heavy!

It is two studs wider than the previous version and all the tiled decks have really made the weight really shoot up!

Still to do:

Long boats, lanterns on back, get more tiles, rigging, sails, work on details.

Hello ZCerberus,

oh yes, the ship looks much better in the new colours.

The deck is also designed very beautiful.

Made very beautiful. :pir-wub:

Capt. K

Brilliant work Z! I'm loving the proportions. That's a brilliant MOC, far better than the original version. Is she built to any particular scale? Those tiles make her excellent, only thing I would suggest is that perhaps you should replace the black grates with brown, but perhaps the black is a good thing as it is very distinct and stands out from the brown tiling. Worth experimanting with though.

Good work, keep it up. :pir-classic:

I would suggest is that perhaps you should replace the black grates with brown, but perhaps the black is a good thing as it is very distinct and stands out from the brown tiling. Worth experimanting with though.

It is more like I actually have the black grates more than anything else...

I tried it with tan ones, but I didn't like it. If I come across some more brown ones I might try it- but I do not think I have 5 of them available!

I tried it with tan ones, but I didn't like it. If I come across some more brown ones I might try it- but I do not think I have 5 of them available!

I'd wager that Bricklink has 5 of them available! :pir_laugh2:

Awesome ship! It has a lot of nice details. I like your chimney, I want to make one on my own ship as well and yours is the best I've seen so far.

I like the use of telescopes in your fences and parts like that.

Your stern is also really cool, how did you attach it (slope) to the rest of the ship?

I think your headrails would look better in yellow (but tha's just my opinion).

But that's the only point I feel negative about it, it's a very good looking ship :thumbup: :thumbup:

I think your headrails would look better in yellow (but tha's just my opinion).

I would love it to be in pearl gold- but as far as I am aware I can not get that part in that color.

I'd wager that Bricklink has 5 of them available! :pir_laugh2:

I would agree! I also need some more reddish brown tiles so it might happen if they are cheap enough and from the same BL store.

I see you've been busy again Zcerberus! She looks great now. It's awesome to see the ship in all it's glory. :pir-sweet:

The stern looks better in black indeed, the pearl gold decorations are very nice.

Perhaps change the rudder in black, and add brown plates under the bow and stern, so it looks like the copper plates stick above the waterline.

Wonderful ship Z, I just love the way the deck of the ship looks with all the details you've added.

My second most favorite part is the stern which looks just great.

Your stern is also really cool, how did you attach it (slope) to the rest of the ship?

Heh- anyone who has seen previous builds of mine might be able to guess... I attached it with magnets!

Truely fantastic! I love the scale (your decks are twice as wide as the decks of the Venerable). It has wonderful color and detail. I can't believe how you have tiled the decks. Very dark and dangerous. It flys the right flag too! :pir_laugh2:

Lovely! Cool! Amazing! Fabulous! Nice!

I could continue for a long, long time...

Nothing to complain on, but there is no

photos of the inside of the ship? Would

be nice to see some. :pir-sweet:

But be aware that my expectaitions are

very high since the rest of the ship looks

so darn awesome! :pir_laugh2:

Regards//

Admiral Red-Hair

Edited by Admiral Red-Hair

I was just curious did you use a dark blue color or just the regular blue color on the stern. I am asking because I would like to do something similer on one of my ships and I had a little difficulty telling which shade of blue that was in the pictures. :pir-classic:

Edited by bengun

When first I saw the black original phantom I liked it, but this one is much better. I love the dark red. It really makes the ship look menacing. The brown tiles also make it look ship shape. Great work.

I have to say that as impressed I am as the size, detail, and overall quality of this ship, I am more impressed by the fact that people are getting away from the pre-fab hulls and making ships that look great without them.

I think that this is the next gen of LEGO ship and I am also excited by some of the better builders such as yourself starting to tackle smaller ships without pre-fab hulls. Maybe one day we have a ship building contest and have classes based on lenght and width and the one rule is no pre-fab hulls? That would be a fun contest.

-martinsuper

I looked at the phantom mk I and was blown away...but now that I look at the MkII, I am utterly stunned, a truly beautiful ship! the tiling and the forcastle are amazing, as well as the stern, superb work :pir_laugh2: :pir_laugh2: and also you are very amazing at prefab hulls..I may have to try one...and probably fail, but ah well, its how I learn :pir-tongue:

Edited by Fires-storm

I was just curious did you use a dark blue color or just the regular blue color on the stern. I am asking because I would like to do something similer on one of my ships and I had a little difficulty telling which shade of blue that was in the pictures. :pir-classic:

The stern is NOW black- but in the earlier pictures, it was the dark blue

So...

I decided I wanted to make the ship more realistic by doing things like making the quarter deck reach the main mast and tiling the masts. Upon starting that work, I realized making the ship taller by the main mast really made the quarter deck look too thin on top and the tumblehomme was just ruined. There were other things about the ship I never really loved either, like the catheads and the cabin...

So what am I doing...

Bascially considering rebuilding the whole thing with A LOT of major improvements. The shape will now be more condusive to a real two decker and after I finish a section I will see how I feel about the new shape. If I like it... the whole ship is likely going to be redone!

I would also change the riggin over to the tan colored string and go from there.

I might have some progress as early as tomorrow to see how I feel about the new shape and direction. Check back soon!

Oh deer! Oh i mean Dear. At me the ship was fantastic and wondering at you wont be happy to her. Theres alot of work i say, and during these huge WIP`s remeber to rest always when it is possible, and do not be stressed out, you might go mad then. But i wish you the best of luck whit these WIP`s and hopefully we will see them both finished soon and together :pir-blush: Good luck

Captain Becker

Edited by Captain Becker