Sign in to follow this  
Darth Hawken

Xmas Sand Crawler

Merry Christmas! This is my entry for the starwars Xmas contest.

The droids have finially come up with a plane to escape the jawas. Since it is Chrsitmas time, C3PO dresses up as Santa and persuades the Jawas to be his elves. This way the droids and astromechs can escape unoticed.

Click here to view!

I apologize I had to give a link the pictures wouldn't upload and took up to much memory :sceptic:

I cant really see a lot of christimas-y things except for some presents. To make it better I think you should christimas-ify the sandcrawler by adding lights and different colours.

To make it better I think you should christimas-ify the sandcrawler by adding lights and different colours.

Agreed.

I very nice entry though. :sweet::thumbup:

Good luck!

CommanderFox

Good attempt, but I think you could do a bit more to make this recognizably "Christmas-y". The only X-mification I can see is a Santa and some neutral-colored crates, which don't even pertain to the set itself, so this MOC barely counts for the category you want it to compete in. A few adjustments you can make to this entry include (IMO):

- At least make the presents look like traditional presents- the tan and brown crates might relate to the set colors, but the idea of this contest is to make the set have Christmas colors. So a good start would be to make some fun-colored present boxes.

- Recolor the set. It doesn't look like you made any changes whatsoever to the Sandcrawler, so I would suggest you throw in some green, red, and white colored pieces in in place of some brown ones.

- Add something creative. Presents and a Santa fig can only get you so far, you should consider adding more Christmas-y things, and even go out of your way to do something extra creative with the set.

Those are my suggestions to you, so please just consider them. Good luck anyways. :thumbup:

I agree with the comments before mine. More xmas deco will be useful ... especially on the Sandcrawler.

The story is an imaginative one and I like Santa 3PO.

Entry accepted.

Good luck when the voting starts!