Nabii

LEGO Collectable Minifigures General Discussion

What would be cool is if Lego ran a 'design a minifig' competition, and the winners got included in one of the rounds of 16.

I'm wondering if these will make of cheap plastic, though. If they are, I'm not touching them, even if there's a cool unique pirate fig.

If there IS a cool unique pirate fig and they're good quality, I'll go to any lengths to secure it.

If they're good quality and there isn't a pirate fig... then I'll have to see what else is in the range before making a decision. At the very least I'd get four random ones just for fun.

It all hangs on the quality of the figs, I guess. But even so, I can't wait to see what designs they come up with.

Edited by David Thomsen

From Brickset (Brickset article), a quote from a Swedish LEGO fan site "legobloggen" talks about new minifigures series, which probably are about the thing we have been speculating on this chain posts? :alien::alien::alien:

It's the same collectible minifigs as has been discussed here.

Well it seems like Lego have hit on a good "business" idea, but does anyone else not see this as a bit of a horrible evil way to try and take as much money as possible off people? Preying on consumers rather than properly straightforward good offerings for them to buy? The whole chance thing and deliberate rarity just seems like an attempt to prey on people's collecting instincts and love of minifigs.

As for existing non-Lego operations like this (trading card etc.) these have been derided for years as immoral and basically trying to steal kids money. I don't know why anyone would want to compare a Lego operation to such things, although it looks like it is a fairly good match for what they are trying to do.

http://www.legoland.co.uk/Misc/Collector+B...tm_medium=email

The first wave of figs seem to up for consideration for LEGOLAND Windsor's new collectable badge scheme... check them all out!

Sweet! I will try to get at least 11 of them :sweet:

I deeplinked the picture:

CollectorBadges2.jpg

That forestman looks great! Dark brown quiver and bow and lovely torso! :wub:

Edited by Etzel

I think these minifig-realeases are really important for the LEGO-Universe-MMORG, because most of the childrean don't know lines like eg NINJA and don't have such minifigs.

There's some pretty good ones. Although I don't like clowns normally, the minifig version is just sweet. Some more highlights: cheerleader, caveman, forestman, and some figs with pretty neat new hairpieces. Some figs are a little disappointing, because there's nothing new in them compared to their classic version: the diver, the indian, the ninja, and the zombie.

That forestman hat looks like a new mold. It looks less pointy than the classic hat, but that could just be the picture.

I'm gonna feel so embarrassed 'feeling' those bags. :grin:

Edited by Rick

Finaly! For me 1, 10, 11, 12 are must have!

New female faces and hairs! Yay! And did you see syringe?

And I still laughing from 5... :laugh:

Edited by Lordofdragonss

http://www.legoland.co.uk/Misc/Collector+B...tm_medium=email

The first wave of figs seem to up for consideration for LEGOLAND Windsor's new collectable badge scheme... check them all out!

So much coincidence... a batch of 16 new minifigures, with all the minifigures on the TLC new company name card also appear on those collector badges...!

You lack of aspiration disturbs me. If one going to collect these, at the very least should that person try to get them all.

Those are some excellent looking minifigures. The variety is wide and creative, and the uniqueness of them, not only in decorations but also in parts, should almost certainly cement their collectibility.

Hmm, I should set aside some money for these...

You lack of aspiration disturbs me. If one going to collect these, at the very least should that person try to get them all.

Haha :laugh:

Well, let me put it this way:

I'm totally sold on the 1,2,3,4,7,8,9,10,11,13,16

but since I don't know what minifig I will get when I buy them I will probably get all of them anyway, even if I'm not going to collect them :grin:

But I think #6 the diver is not living up to the standard of the rest. :sceptic:

I hope these surprise bags will hit Italy too. If that will be the case (and I fear this is a HUGE if), I'd really love to own:

1 - Cavaman; 2 - Cheerleader; 7 - Native American; 8 - Magician; 9 - Ninja; 10 - Nurse; 11 - Robin Hood; 15 - Wrestler

I actually like 13 the best. Look at that hair. :wub: Of course the forest-man, zombie, and cheerleader are pretty close.

As soon as these hit the stores, I'm buying sixteen. Then buying more in increments of 5 until I have them all.

I wonder if there is any type of rarity factor with these. Like number 1 is the hardest to find but number 16 is the easiest and most common. I really hope not, but being like a trading card game, I fear that there probably will be. :sceptic:

I want them all....

And for those of you who say that the diver is nothing new, the airtank has never been in that colour, and the face and torso are new. In fact, I think almost all the faces are new.

I deeplinked the picture:

CollectorBadges2.jpg

That forestman looks great! Dark brown quiver and bow and lovely torso! :wub:

*huh* I...Must....Collect.......Them........ALL!! :laugh:

Really, when will these come out in America. BL Will probably just sell them for 20$ each. :hmpf_bad:

That Zombie is my fav :wink:

I absolutely cannot wait for this! They better not be the cheap plastic, or else I am going to be majorly pissed.

I love the new cheerleader, crash dummy, magician, nurse, wrestler, Native American and punk kid the most, they are the most realistic ones, and we would probably NEVER see them in any sort of City set.

If you think about it, trying to figure out which is which won't be too hard if they are in polybags, as most of the figures have defining pieces. (ex- Cheerleader-pompoms, ponytail, clown-hair, etc) Leave it to Lego to get tricky at the last minute and put them in little boxes...

Nice job Lego, I think you are going to have a hit.

Mission 1- Get all the figures for myself.

Mission 2- Get another set of figures to sell on eBay in 5-10 years :grin:

-darthperson

Edited by darthperson

Well it seems like Lego have hit on a good "business" idea, but does anyone else not see this as a bit of a horrible evil way to try and take as much money as possible off people? Preying on consumers rather than properly straightforward good offerings for them to buy? The whole chance thing and deliberate rarity just seems like an attempt to prey on people's collecting instincts and love of minifigs.

As for existing non-Lego operations like this (trading card etc.) these have been derided for years as immoral and basically trying to steal kids money. I don't know why anyone would want to compare a Lego operation to such things, although it looks like it is a fairly good match for what they are trying to do.

I happen to agree 100% with these comments. It seems to me to that these opaque bags are a cynical (and not child friendly) attempt to generate cash. As adult collectors we are able to buy multiple packets, or bricklink/ eBay the MiniFig (if we wish), but what about kid's with a limited budget who might want a particular MiniFig, with normal themes they might wait for christmas or a birthday to request what they want, with these 'collectables' this can't happen because they do not get the chance to choose what they want (never mind the limited production time). I totally agree that this concept seems to head towards being 'immoral', and does not fit with my interpretation of the Lego 'core values'.

Which brings me onto:

I'm wondering if these will make of cheap plastic, though. If they are, I'm not touching them, even if there's a cool unique pirate fig.

I hope i'm wrong, but, I can see these (limited run, lots of printing) to be of a low quailty. This will be the deciding factor for me, because out of principle I will not buy inferior products.

But having said that I do not agree with concept, if they are of good quailty I will be eager to buy them (and expect to pay a heavy price). Nearly all of the designs are outstanding (although I can not see what is special about number 6 Diver, and I am not sure what number 13 represents).

Edit: Whoops just said the same thing somone else said :grin:

Hey, is that a zombie in the picture Etzel posted! And a forestmen these are great!

Edited by MrTools

Looks like I'll have to buy one as a 'test subject' to determine whether or not they are low quality figs. :wink:

Even if they are, I still want the rest of them. :laugh: If not for 'collecting' purposes, they can always be used for MOCs. And I think Will Chapman at Brickarms no longer needs to make that syringe for the Brickarms Medkit.

Edited by booger540

Are they really making all of that new hair and the pom poms? They look so digital, like they haven't really made the piece

yet.

I want the space man and I could use the Emo kid with the skull suspenders... I could use it for a MOC... especially with the needle from the new nurse. :devil:

I want the space man and I could use the Emo kid with the skull suspenders... I could use it for a MOC... especially with the needle from the new nurse. :devil:
I think that Skull is just supposed to be a design on his shirt, and that's a pocket under the skull, no suspenders. :wink: And what, are you implying he's on drugs too? :laugh:

13 is my favourite - he's very similar to me, he just needs some eyeliner and darker clothes and then..instant sig fig :tongue:

Has anyone else noticed that 13 and the Caveman's hair look VERY similar? perhaps they're the same piece and the beard is separate.

I love these!

Will/Rocketbilly

This is really exciting! Loving the Robot (12). And new hairpieces for 10 and 13. And my MOC hamburger joint just got itself a new mascot for figure 3, "McLovin the Clown". I'll be popping these babies like SW fanatics pop battle packs.

Edited by lgorlando

13 is my favourite - he's very similar to me, he just needs some eyeliner and darker clothes and then..instant sig fig :tongue:

Has anyone else noticed that 13 and the Caveman's hair look VERY similar? perhaps they're the same piece and the beard is separate.

I love these!

Will/Rocketbilly

They look similar but not that similar. The caveman's hair has bigger tangles and not the parting on the left side that #13 has. And I think the hair and beard is one piece just like Hagrid's.

I'm really not worried that these minifigs will be of a lesser quality (besides I don't think the "lesser" quality is that much worse).

I totally agree that this concept seems to head towards being 'immoral', and does not fit with my interpretation of the Lego 'core values'.

Agreed. This could hurt their brand value. I hope they'll change their mind on the inability to see what you're buying. But then again, this seems to be one of the basic ideas behind these. I hope they'll just stick with a 'collect them all' slogan or something. And I certainly don't hope they'll make some harder to get than others.