Sign in to follow this  
Darth Legolas

Black Friday 2009 discussion thread

Does anyone have a LEGO Store that is situated in a populated mall with stores like Macy's? If so, was there any parking space or did you have to drive around for an hour to find one?

Thanks for the answers and new in this thread! :wink: Thanks to all of your discussions and chit chat, I have firmed up plans for a large expedition to the Lego store to get a gigantic purchase including a Death Star, a few Winter Toy shops, some Star Wars and maybe some Atlantis.

Once again, thanks for the help, and good luck with your shopping!

Don't buy too many Winter Toy Shops! I want to try to get one on Black Friday, along with an Endor Battle. Or maybe you could try to save me one (if I go, that is)! :wink:

Are you going to the Valley Fair LEGO Store? Maybe we could finally meet each other. :sweet:

Edited by ILikePi

On the subject of the LEGO Rock Band demo/full version controversy at FBTB:

Go back to eurobricks then and whine to them that fbtb is stating it's a full version of the game.

So we don't know if it's the complete game or not. :wacko:

FBTB discussion

I got my newspaper today, and the Old Navy ad says that they are giving the game away, without specifying if it's a demo or the full version. My bet is that it's the full version...

Black Friday: Target LEGO Sale!!

The Troll Warship and Temple of the Crystal Skull will each be $54

Black Friday: Target LEGO Sale!!

The Troll Warship and Temple of the Crystal Skull will each be $54

I think this was already shared. Also, its $49.99 i think.

So did anyone get anything?

I got up at 4 AM, waited in line at Target for a half hour (in very cold temperature), and then quickly walked to the Lego aisle to grab a Temple of the Crystal Skull set. Luckily, I got the first one (judging from the condition of the shelves), and got out, all limbs still attached. It was crazy in there, though. People running, ramming each other with their carts, pushing, shoving... much worse then last year. :hmpf_bad: I probably won't go next year unless there's an amazing deal.

But I'm glad I got my "Christmas present". :wink:

I got up at 4 AM, waited in line at Target for a half hour (in very cold temperature), and then quickly walked to the Lego aisle to grab a Temple of the Crystal Skull set. Luckily, I got the first one (judging from the condition of the shelves), and got out, all limbs still attached. It was crazy in there, though. People running, ramming each other with their carts, pushing, shoving... much worse then last year. :hmpf_bad: I probably won't go next year unless there's an amazing deal.

I like the fact I'm also getting that set for Christmas because my mom bought it August of 2008 when it was on clearance at Walmart for $30. :laugh:

Did anyone's Target have the Troll Warship? Mine didn't even have a place for it, they only had the Indy set.

I got the very last one at my store, as I was lazy and didn't get there until 8. When I arrived, the shelf was empty, and I asked an employee if they had anymore, and she confirmed that they were all gone. I shook it off, and was walking around the store, and went back to the Lego aisle to see ONE Temple set on the shelf. I grabbed it quick, I'm assuming that someone decided they didn't want it...

So I was VERY lucky. Any other stories?

-darthperson

I went and neither of the sets were there :cry_sad:

But i manged to snatch a Darth Vader's TIE FIghter the other day for only $20

Edited by doctordark

I went to all 3 targets within 20 miles of me at noon today and they were all sold out of both the sale sets. I was kind of hoping to snag a warship but I can't complain too bad since I was late. The display in Target shows the sale goes on for 2 days (the price display under the 2 lego sets on the shelf) but I asked them to check the back and had none. I wonder if they will have more tommorow or later today or if they are all gone.

The display in Target shows the sale goes on for 2 days (the price display under the 2 lego sets on the shelf) but I asked them to check the back and had none. I wonder if they will have more tommorow or later today or if they are all gone.

Yes, it does, but in the ad, they are advertised as being "Doorbusters" and say they are available while supplise last. I really wish my store had the warship, but for some reason, they didn't...

And if anybody is interested, they have the 2007 City Firestation on Target.com today and tomorrow for $50. It is going to be replaced with the new one in 2010, so if you want this version, it is a good opportunity to pick it up before its gone. :wink:

I went to Target at 1230 and waited in line until 5:00 when it opened. Of course I was there for a tv, but it seemed like everyone i passed had the Temple set, and a few had the Warship. Both sets went faster than I anticipated though. I also went to Toys R Us around 6:20 and they still had two of the agents sets left but not the Indy one. The agents boxes were crappy though - I lifted one and flipped the outer flap up and the whole thing came off. It was a zoo in there. I recommend never going there on Black Friday. Target was actually rather nice.

Dang, you "Targeters" really suffered!

I can't believe that you actually went for the Temple of the Crystal Skull set though. It was on clearance for $40 USD in an uncrowded July/August sale!

All that the "LEGO Storers" had to do was wait in line for 10 minutes (but unfortunately I only got 10% off) in the warmth of the mall.

Here's what I got - click the picture for more info:

4138953956_ba52a94a78.jpg

This was what happened for me:

5:45 AM - wake up

6:15 AM - leave house

6:35 AM - arrive at mall; find a parking spot

6:45 AM - enter Macy's

6:50 AM - stand in line at LEGO Store

7:00 AM - enter store, purchase things and meet Inconspicuous

7:30 AM - leave store

Edited by ILikePi

I like the fact I'm also getting that set for Christmas because my mom bought it August of 2008 when it was on clearance at Walmart for $30. :laugh:

She got you one in August last year and you're just getting it this year? :look:

Did anyone's Target have the Troll Warship? Mine didn't even have a place for it, they only had the Indy set.

Yeah, I think mine did. I wasn't paying attention today, but I'm pretty sure there were 5 or 6 of them when I went last week.

Dang, you "Targeters" really suffered!

I can't believe that you actually went for the Temple of the Crystal Skull set though. It was on clearance for $40 USD in an uncrowded July/August sale!

Yeah, well it would've helped if I had known about that. :laugh:

7:00 AM - enter store, purchase things and meet Inconspicuous

Really? That's cool, did you two plan it out?

I was'nt to disapointed with black friday this year, at least from a non lego point of view. I was able to buy my favorite Star Trek movies on blueray for eight dollars a piece at my local BestBuy so i'm happy about that. I don't have too many lego fans in my area so my local target always has some big sets on heavy clearence.

For example i've bought:

King's Castle for $25

MTT for $20

Temple of the crystal skull for $15

Troll Warship for $10

Several big Mars mission sets $10-30$

So I had already bought both sets, I'm very blessed for this. Target did not have to much for Black friday but BestBuy was really good.

People in line at Target with me said it was the full game; but the catch was that there was literally 25 copies. >.> Total, throughout the three systems.

I'm getting the same messages from people online in other forums as well.

Figures. ON had other promos like free MP3 players, but a very, very limited number.

No Lego for me this BF; I'll wait til S@H Clearance soon. :tongue:

[-TA-]

I showed up at midnight for TRU had to wait two hours in the cold in line to get in. I grabbed the last two Agent trucks. Then Some lady cussed me out for taking two. What ever she had 6 boxes of another special in her cart. Then I looked around and saw they had 1 more box of 2 up on the top shelf. I asked for it and they got a ladder and gave it too me. So I got the last 4 Agent sets from that TRU.

Two hours waiting outside and 30 minutes inside. Went to target in the afternoon and all the door buster sets were gone.

She got you one in August last year and you're just getting it this year? :look:

A backlog in LEGO gifts. I get a set or two for Christmas, smaller ones for Birthday and Easter. Last year I got the $50 Castle from Walmart and something else. Easter I got the Factory hot rod set. My Birthday this year I got the Factory Space Justice set that I bought last year. So for Christmas I should get the $30 IJ ugly temple and the $15 jungle cutter. I'm 24 and my mom doesn't like giving me a lot of lEGOs, it makes the pictures looks childish. :laugh:

I think this was already shared. Also, its $49.99 i think.

ah... Well just making sure everyone would know I guess :tongue::wink:

As for the price difference, must have been because LEGO is more expensive here in Hawaii :hmpf_bad:

Really? That's cool, did you two plan it out?

Indeed we did. We didn't talk for long, but at least we met.

For some reason I got 5 PaB boxes. I thought it was for an order of over $75. My mom, brother and I each checked out so we could get 3 Winter Toy Shops, and two of the three were over $75. So how exactly did we end up with 5? I have no idea, but I'm happy.

My Lego Black Friday:

1. Grabbed three of the agents sets at midnight at Toysrus (North Side Chicago). They seemed to have tons. Left home at 11:45 and was back by 12:30.

2. Got to downtown Chicago Lego Store at around 9:30. Just a few people there at that time, though it had built up a bit by the time we left about 45 minutes later. Left with a Cafe Corner, Pirates TicTacToe, and a bunch of the winter toy shops. The cashier said that, doing a rough estimate, only 1 in 100 people were getting the 20% coupon, and he hadn't seen at 50% yet. Of course, I got 10% off, but with the 10 PAB boxes, and VIP rewards, turned out to be an OK deal.

3. Target: too late to find any of the sets in stock.

Finally, Question: Does anyone know if the Buy 1 Get 1 at 50% off will also include online only items such as the green grocer, etc.?

Louis

Sign in to follow this