Nabii

LEGO Collectable Minifigures General Discussion

Unless there's a new theme of western space cavemen wrestlers on the way, I think this must be Universe related.

07-New-Card.jpg

Is that a digital-fake piece or can you actually make the Spaceman's gun? I really want to build something like that. It would go good with Stormies.

EDIT: Wait, these will be collectible? Well I'm definitely getting that spaceman! I want that gun! And imagine those legs on a trooper!

Edited by Darth Legolas

I really like the idea, even if you get random parts that don't match (gives me a reason to keep getting more :grin: ) But if it comes out in august thats a good nine months.

05-New-Card.jpg
That looks like Hagrid's beard trimmed down to a regular fig's proportions.
The rumor talked about a "Nacho Libre" fig

that we obviously just seen, also about Cheerleader with pom-poms.

Cheerleader? I wonder exactly how they would make thouse pom-poms...
Will this be in the US too?
I sure hope so! This is an excellent way to get some more fig parts. Plus, if we can't see through the bags, we can always feel them. :laugh:

The new bits would come in handy if they are true.

The space gun would be good for Power Miners and Space Police. Looks like the new Fish accesory.

Also the new beard will be good for Pirate themes. Such as Marooned men!

I actually might now abit about this.

You know those crappy cards that kids is collecting with Yogi Yo and what not?

Imagine this with LEGO minifigs. Don´t recall the exact details here.

There will be a set with 16 different minifigs in polybags that you can´t see through.

This to make kids (yeah right :hmpf: ) want more figs to collect. The rumor talked about a "Nacho Libre" fig

that we obviously just seen, also about Cheerleader with pom-poms. Those 16 figs is a first batch, then there will be another one as well.

The cost in Europe will be around 2.5

Edited by Torax

This idea sounds cool. Only sucky thing is that LEGO is not going to release this until August, delaying what is likely to be one of the hottest sellers in years.

That gun reminds me of the classic Star Trek Phaser or the guns from things like Buck Rodgers, i.e. the classic "sci-fi" ray gun (seen in many sci-fi films and TV that predate Star Wars and the more "realistic" guns that appeared in that movie)

The cost in Europe will be around 2.5 € each. Hope I made it all understandable, otherwise ask...

Wait, so it's still a normal minifig right?

Batbrick Away! :devil:

I hope so ever so much. I love custom figures. I think very few of any I have built at the moment came that way in the Box. I swear those new collectable buildable figures will be popular with little girls too, especialy if there are enough "girly" parts to collect. I can see the boys and girls trading parts to get rid of yucky girly/silly boyish minifig parts. This should be a huge success if it is what we are imagining.

Looks like bricklink is going to have a few new entries and some more of my money.

2,50 Euros is quite a lot, given that an ordinary impulse set is priced 3 Euros. I just hope they're not gonna raise prices again.

But, caveman and wrestler and so on look really great!

I've got to say that if this is true, I am absolutely loving this idea. What a great way to pick up minifigs. Nice to know that LEGO can still pull out a few surprises.

That got me thinking, a caveman line would be sweet, even if it was only for one year.

Awesome. I can't wait for these guys to be released in what ever form, weather it be polybag or set. I just love that wrestler, I'm not sure why but he just screams awesome.

Awesome. I can't wait for these guys to be released in what ever form, weather it be polybag or set. I just love that wrestler, I'm not sure why but he just screams awesome.

He screams awesome because he is Nacho Libre and Nacho (Jack Black) is awesome. I wonder if they had to buy a license to create that one?

The gunslinger's an adventure/Indy-knockoff, not a cowboy--there's a big difference between a '20s-'40s fedora and a cowboy 10-gallon, even though Stetson did make a lot of both. For one, the fedora's body is usually teardrop-shaped as opposed to the Western era's usually round or round with a "trough" down the center of the top.

Anyone really wants to discuss the finer points of historical headwear, PM me and I'll tell you about a forum specialized in such things.

----------------

Now playing: Voltaire - When You're Evil

via FoxyTunes

I'm hoping they offer them in NA as well as Europe.

Though from my experience, these things are done as promotions to prevent people from buying whole pallets of these things, so it may very well be limited geographically.

Nice Find :thumbup:

Some of these figs are really nice and are very detailed !

I especially like the Spaceman! :wub:

Makes me think of maybe a modern day remake of Classic Space :laugh:

The gun or laser gun looks like a new part! Similar to the SW Rex Clone small Blasters! :oh:

I also like the Cowboy/gunslinger figure!

So where can I find these in USA and how much? :laugh:

That got me thinking, a caveman line would be sweet, even if it was only for one year.

Then the cavemen in the Geico Commercials would have a fit. :tongue: These do sound nice. I'm just nor sure how easy then will be to obtain. :devil: I'm loving the fedora in dark tan. :wub:

07-New-Card.jpg

Is it just me or does the blaster look a lot like Brickforge's Mega gun

Anyways the astronaut is incredible! Maybe this could be an upcoming astronaut in SPIII. You never know because the Classic Space people were a different orginatation then space police, they're like the explorers.

Funny, this reminds me a lot of a suggestion I made in the embassy a year ago. *huh*

Anyhow, this is going to dig a deep hole in my wallet. There are 16 minifigs coming out in june. But they'll only be available for about two months because in august they'll be replaced by a second wave with 16 new minifigs.

So from what I've been hearing it's a total of 32 new minifigs coming out this way. And it's not going to be any minifig available in a theme. So the reason why theese minifigs are going to be so expensive is the uniqueness and short production.

But they'll only be available for about two months because in august they'll be replaced by a second wave with 16 new minifigs.
Well that stinks.

If they are all packaged randomly, a few dollars each, and very limited then that will deffinately be a few very expensive orders from S&H for some of us.

So it won't be a supermarket/highstreet thing?

Damn. That's going to eat a hole in my pocket. 32 figures in two waves...

We shall have to create a trade topic to swap figures :classic:

Cavemen, New spacemen AND new cowboys?! oh and a luchadore meh...AH I could just make him a super hero :D

Ive been waiting years for these babies! and new cavemen also means...NEW DINOSAURS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! i hope.

Edited by knuclear200x

From Brickset (Brickset article), a quote from a Swedish LEGO fan site "legobloggen" talks about new minifigures series, which probably are about the thing we have been speculating on this chain posts? :alien::alien::alien:

The Swedish LEGO blog legobloggen has an interesting bit of news about a collectable series of minifigs to be available next year:

"In June 2010, Lego will launch a new collectors series with only minifigs. The figures will be of various types, but is reportedly not being those from current themes. They could be anything from cowboys to ninjas or adventurers, etc. The first wave will appear in stores in June, reportedly contain 16 different characters. These will then be replaced by 16 other figures in August.

"Figures will be sold in opaque polybags, so it is chance that determines which figure you get. This is the same approach as in the example trading cards. The bag with the figure will cost 25 SEK. May seem much given to impulse setter costs only £ 5 more and then there is also the accessories. But I suspect that the high price is because the characters will be unique to this collector series and that they will only be produced in two months (at least the first wave)." (thanks et314 for the news and translation)

This is very interesting, but I don't like the idea of them being in opaque bags!