28 members have voted

1. 1. Vote your opinion

• Poor
    • Below Averag
    • Average
    • Above Averag
    • Outstanding

indexed.gif

Well, this is a not so old set and i bet most of you already have it.

So here is another review from me. :classic:

As usual, let us start off with the box art.

Box art:

I like the box art. They put a nice background for the AT-AP. At the side we have the minifigs scale and at the back there is the function shown and advertisement for other set.

Box-F.jpg

Box-S.jpg

Box-B.jpg

The content:

The content is consist of 6 packets of bricks and a instruction book. Yeap, no sticker sheet.

Content-1.jpg

Instruction book:

The instruction books not only show us the steps but also show us all a clear pictures of the January release sets and some sets show with their function. Well, this includes the AT-AP functions as well. Besides, there are bricks checklist as well and the how do you start off before assemble your sets and a little poster where the clones with their AT-AP battling the Droids.

IB-1.jpg

Here's a random page.

IB-r.jpg

New pieces (to me):

I never see both of this piece before so I assume it is a new pieces. Anyone have any idea is there any other sets that contains this piece?

Newpiece.jpg

The blasters:

We are given a 2 long blasters which is great. Which I it is more accurate as most of the Clone troopers use a long blaster.

Blasters.jpg

The minifigs:

The minifigs is 2 Shock Trooper but is different with #7655 clone troopers battle packs's Shock Trooper. The leg is different in colour, we are given white hip while the one in the battle pack are given a black hip. Furthermore, we get a new printed headgear, which I think they have improve it, check out the mouth printing, the colour is brighter.

So here is the headgear:

The headgear limit itself from turning to the side this is because the front part it is too low until it block by the torso.

Minifigs1.jpg

The Shock Troopers:

Without helmet on:

We are given a black stud, no face printed. How I wish that I have extra. :classic:

Minifigs2.jpg

With helmet on:

Minifigs3.jpg

Minifigs5.jpg

Minifigs4.jpg

Comparison with Shock Troopers from Battle Pack:

DSC03619.jpg

The AT-AP:

Here's the AT-AP. It looks ugly at a certain angle and looks great in a certain angle. :tongue: Anyway I still like the set. I like the walker vehicle.

Below are the pictures taken randomly:

View-Random.jpg

View-Random2.jpg

DSC05973.jpg

Top view:

View-Top.jpg

Side view:

Without stabilizer leg:

View-Side.jpg

With stabilizer leg:

View-SidewSL.jpg

Rear view:

View-Rear.jpg

The Functions:

Well, the functions are not so impressive. Just something turning around, open here and there. The only function that is say as special is the retractable stabilizer leg.

The cockpit:

The cockpit can fit two Clone Troopers but too bad we are only given two and is not enough as there is no gunner on top. :cry_sad: Inside it there is a guns holders, which can hold two guns but fall off easily when you are trying to remove the guns. Well the other side have some speedometre thing and a controller. To reveal the cockpit, you have to open the top hatch. Look below:

Cockpit22.jpg

so you can see what's inside:

Cockpit23.jpg

Cockpit3.jpg

Oops, the side hatch and back hatch as well: :tongue:

Cockpit20.jpg

Cockpit19.jpg

Open and close:

I think this pieces is use not to let you open the hatch but to make some design, I mean make it able to move inside. :wacko:

BackHatch1.jpg

BackHatch2.jpg

BackHatch3.jpg

With Clones:

Cockpit4.jpg

Beneath:

So this is the pieces that hold the stabilizer leg when is not in use.

Beneath2.jpg

Beneath.jpg

This is how the stabilizer leg move:

S1.jpg

S2.jpg

S3.jpg

S4.jpg

At last~

And of course the revealing cockpit from below and at the back. :hmpf:

DSC05733.jpg

DSC05873.jpg

Guess the droids have alternative way to take this things down faster.

The leg:

There are pieces blocking the leg to go to the front I mean overhead and lose balance.

DSC05994.jpg

The base in not movable

DSC05890.jpg

The side armor:

The side armor has door and this is how it is attach. It is very flimsy, when you want to adjust it to be a little steep to creat the shape, they might just fall off. So it is connected to the body with just a technic pin.

DSC05871.jpg

and to hold it properly, here is the support:

Cockpit14.jpg

The side hatch:

It open and close easily, very loose, nothing to hold it tight.

DSC06012.jpg

Here's some view when the side hatch is open.

DSC06007.jpg

DSC06013.jpg

The cannon:

The cannon on top is movable and adjustable. The big cannon can move up and down while the smaller one can cove sideways. But the smaller one tend to lose balance when it is without minifigs, means the one on top and below will not b align.

Cannon1.jpg

Cannon2.jpg

Cannon5.jpg

This is the pieces that only enable it to move up and down.

Cannon3.jpg

To prevent it from moving freely, LEGO put two pieces to block it.

Cannon4.jpg

Completion:

I try to make the sets looks great. I think this angle is right.

Completion-1.jpg

Spare parts:

It is so few compare with #7673 Magna Guard Starfighter and it is more expensive.

Spare.jpg

Overall:

This set is not really a good set. The hatch is quite flimsy, top and the side since there is nothing to hold them tight. Besides, it is lack of one clone. But to complete your walker collection, you must have it.

Pros:

-no sticker needed

-new improved headgear

-long balsters

Cons:

-lack of clone

-flimsy

-expensive as few pieces are given]

Hope you guys like it.

Edited by KimT

I do not like the fact that the clones have pure white legs. It looks weird to me. It was also weird that they included Shock Troopers, but it was probably a way to get people to buy it. This set also seems like one of those that was kind of thrown in with a mix of other sets like the Tie Crawler. I never picked it up, and with the new Clone Wars sets out, I won't.

I do not like the fact that the clones have pure white legs. It looks weird to me. It was also weird that they included Shock Troopers, but it was probably a way to get people to buy it. This set also seems like one of those that was kind of thrown in with a mix of other sets like the Tie Crawler. I never picked it up, and with the new Clone Wars sets out, I won't.

Me too. I don't like the the Shock to have white legs because I am very fussy and I don't mix them.

I also expect other Clone to be in this set but it came with 2 Shocks. :cry_sad: I buy it because i like the Walker vehicle. :classic:

I agree, the pure white legs are odd, as is the inclusion of shocks instead of pilots or regulars. Or maybe even Kashykk troopers; that might have been better.

Box-F.jpg

Has anyone noticed the boxart includes the 3rd leg both in the lowerd position as well as the raised one? :wacko:

Stauder.

I switched my shock trooper legs as soon as I got this set.

As for the new pieces, I'm pretty sure that they were also featured in the Striking Venom set.

Nice in depth review!

I switched my shock trooper legs as soon as I got this set.

As for the new pieces, I'm pretty sure that they were also featured in the Striking Venom set.

Nice in depth review!

Has anyone noticed the boxart includes the 3rd leg both in the lowerd position as well as the raised one? :wacko:

Stauder.

I believe that's to show off the functions of the set.

Nice review, you carefully explained every detail and I think that I'll buy this set now. I'm glad LEGO decided to make two seat's in the interior and they did a very nice job on the third leg looking good both up and down. I think I will switch the hips of the shock troopers into black, like the other shock troopers.

Stauder.

It's not the 3rd leg, it's the other main leg. Zoom in and take a closer look.

Technic Rotation Joint Disc set list.

44224.jpg

It's used in 10 different sets so far, not exactly a new piece :tongue:

A nice review with many good comments.

I really like this set.

It's one of the walkers with really good design and a lot of playability.

It's the usual issue of using too many technic pieces to make a moveable feature versus minifig-scaled design. The same issue concerns for example the AT-AT, The Twilight and the AT-TE (plus more sets).

What annoys me in this set is the use of the 2 tan 4x8 plates.

3035.gif

They "stick out" and it would have been better if they (the designers) had used dark grey or light grey plates.

Also I'll add this to the inventory - now!

I just found out AT-AP appear in Kashykk battle. They should have given us Kashykk Trooper. Damn TLG. :tongue::laugh:

So this vehicle is in the original trilogy.

I like this set, but I don't like the pure white legs for the Shock Troopers. It looked better with the black leg joint piece. I also think the set looks like half an at-te.

Did anyone encounter the problem with the main turret? Apparently, the very tip of the piece (cone shape) can't be put onto the "pole" piece. I check the instructions 2 times and still can't find what i'm doing wrong. Is it just me or did anyone else got this problem as well?

Did anyone encounter the problem with the main turret? Apparently, the very tip of the piece (cone shape) can't be put onto the "pole" piece. I check the instructions 2 times and still can't find what i'm doing wrong. Is it just me or did anyone else got this problem as well?

I seem to recall having a problem with the largest turret as well. I forget how the instructions look though, but the bar not fitting in the cone sounds familiar. I just checked mine and what I did was I took the red bar and stuck it into the round piece with the fins and then attached the cone to the stud on top of the round part. Worked fine for me.

Edited by Destroydacre

I could have gotten this set if I wanted to but it seemed like a waste of money to me. I don't like the shock troopers helmets that much. I feel they should have printed visors instead of cut out ones like they have in my opinion it would make it look a lot better. The AT AP itself sounds like it has a lot of holes in its cockpit which drags the set down and make it seem like they haven't exactly put a lot of effort into it.

Great review! :thumbup:

Wow talk about a bumper! :look::laugh:

Nice Review baby! :thumbup:

This set is quite nice, I would have goten it if I had had the money but didn't back then so didn't get it. :sad:

It has a nice parts selection! :thumbup:

Why did Lego do the shock troopers with White hips? :wacko: And the BP ones have Black hips. Confusers me.

CommanderFox