Sign in to follow this  
Ras 74

Eurobricks Event 2010 in Billund.

Just to add the newest date to this thread:

22-25th of April, 2010, Billund, Denmark.

I have not been to any EB events before, but I guess I can still say that you will be very welcome to join. Having people coming from like all over the world, should make this event something special.

**edit**

If there is an age rule I'm not really sure, we'll have to hear from some of the EB admins or the EB organizer of the event. But yes I think the event is mostly targeted at adult fans of Lego, but maybe a TFOL could join too.

Edited by Front

Hey Folks.

My family and I are planning a holiday which just happens to be right at the time of the EB event. I'm sure I've read the event is only if you're 18 or over? I'd really love to come meet some of you guys I've talked to for the last 4+ years.

Is it an option for Me and my family to come?

I'd probably only be able to stay for 1-2 days, if at all, but seeing as we're exploring options, It'd be great to know if I'm Welcome :wink:

Thanks, Legoman

Nah, there is no age rule. If there was I would´ve been kicked out of last years event as soon as I arrived.. :grin:

Actually there is some kind of rule.

If you're underaged, then we need some kind of parental confirmation that it's ok.

You brought your mom, so that was no problem.

We just have to ensure that the parents understand that this is an AFOL Event and to some extent it will contain foul language and a small amount of alcohol.

Actually there is some kind of rule.

If you're underaged, then we need some kind of parental confirmation that it's ok.

You brought your mom, so that was no problem.

We just have to ensure that the parents understand that this is an AFOL Event and to some extent it will contain foul language and a small amount of alcohol.

That'd Be fine. Thanks for that :thumbup:

Hopefully I can make it!

If I would only be able to come 1-2 days, which days do you suggest?

Don´t tell my mom... *huh*:tongue:

Oh, and Kim... Nice title.. :laugh:

Who gave it to you? Maybe a Swede who lives in Gothenburg? :grin:

Edited by Dennimator

Hi Cardman... Errr legoman!

You are for sure welcome.

I suggest any of the days Thursday-Friday, or Friday-saturday.

Please let me know when it is more certain, and I will add you to the "list".

If your parents need to speak with someone from tha staff from here, they can send me an email.

Just check my profile and you will find it.

Hi Cardman... Errr legoman!

You are for sure welcome.

I suggest any of the days Thursday-Friday, or Friday-saturday.

Please let me know when it is more certain, and I will add you to the "list".

If your parents need to speak with someone from tha staff from here, they can send me an email.

Just check my profile and you will find it.

I sure will let you know. We're still planning flights right now, so its not confirmed. It'll sure be nice to meet you folk! (If I do end up coming)

I've been a member for quite a while so my parents have heard all about it :tongue: If I come, I'll probably bring at least my Dad so that should all be fine :wink:

Sounds good. If you have any questions, just ask.

So we might have both an Aussie and a NZ at next years event.

Hey again guys. At this stage it looks like i can come on the 24th, (and possably 23rd afternoon, 25th morning)

Any chance of a very rough itinary? Are we going to Legoland?

If we are going to legoland on either the 23rd or 24th, then i may be able to come for an extra day (23rd) as i wouldn't go to Legoland CA

Thanks for all your help guys :classic:

Of course we're going to LEGOLand.

That's what it's all about...well mostly :laugh:

Of course we're going to LEGOLand.

That's what it's all about...well mostly :laugh:

Well from pics of past events, I see all sorts stuff going on. So is the whole thing held at legoland?

Well from pics of past events, I see all sorts stuff going on. So is the whole thing held at legoland?
Basically it is. In Billund we do live in the Village where a lot of time is spent as well.

But from early morning to the evening we are at the park. In Billund there is not much to do or see around the city village.

When we where in GĂĽnzburg we where living close to a nice restaurant that let us all hang out in one of their rooms.

It was also in their bowling hall some of the competitions were held.

This time I hope to manage to come for the whole time. Really had fun the last years and would be nice to meet you all again!

Billund ON!!!

-Aredhel

This time I hope to manage to come for the whole time. Really had fun the last years and would be nice to meet you all again!

Yeah right, we've heard that before :tongue::wink:

It is always fun at the events Aredhel!

I will add you to the board of Eventees with the rest.

25 Persons attending so far.

Where is the German armada with DJ Force at the point?

Yeah right, we've heard that before :tongue::wink:

I will for sure try...

AND the last times I did not get holidays from my boss so THAT was the reason I could not come earlier. I am ending my training for bank clerk now and in the time of the training I was only allowed to take my holidays IN the school holidays and the events NEVER were then :P

But will talk to my boss at the end of next week after my exams...

Aredhel

Phasers already loaded! :devil::grin:
I´ll bring my Lightsaber :vader:

Reminds a bit about "Firefly".

Any news of what it is all about?

Is the Firefighter game still there?

Next year will be even more crazy (if it is at all possible) :wacko:

The firefighter is there.

I don't think they'll ever dismantle it :grin:

I will probably be able to come to the event :classic:

I have a few questions:

- Does one of the organisators organize where we will sleep?

- If yes, will everyone sleep in a room with 4 persons, so we can divide the costs between us?

- At exactly what time and/or where do we meet? i want to book a flight ASAP.

- Is the event over on sunday afternoon or sunday evening?

Daniel

I will probably be able to come to the event :classic:

That's good to hear :classic: Me and Freddie have been talking about driving to the event, as it's not that far to Billund and it allows us to buy more lego :grin:

Then again, I see flights with Norwegian are currently at 441 NOK for a return trip on suitable dates (leaving in the evening the 21st and returning in the evening the 25th) from Gardermoen to Billund, so it might be it's just as easy to do that. Even after adding transport to the airport and luggage fee (55 NOK per bag per flight) it's still a quite cheap trip. This does however leave the problem of getting the lego home, especially if one wants to buy large sets.

As for your other questions I'll leave those to Ras :wink:

Hi DNL!

Yes I/we will organize where to sleep and it will be in the village and in those places where you sleep 4 persons.

The Event will Start on Thursday the 22nd at lunch time. It will end around lunch time on the 25th, officialy.

Some might stay longer on the sunday. I think that CopMike and me for instance will stay to around 15-16 on the Sunday.

If you have any other questions, just ask them here. To notifye if you are coming, go here to sign up.

That's good to hear :classic: Me and Freddie have been talking about driving to the event, as it's not that far to Billund and it allows us to buy more lego :grin:

Could i possibly drive with you if you decide to take the car? I suppose you won't buy that many big sets that there is no more space left :tongue: Do you plan to take the ferry to denmark or drive through sweden?

Then again, I see flights with Norwegian are currently at 441 NOK for a return trip on suitable dates (leaving in the evening the 21st and returning in the evening the 25th) from Gardermoen to Billund, so it might be it's just as easy to do that. Even after adding transport to the airport and luggage fee (55 NOK per bag per flight) it's still a quite cheap trip. This does however leave the problem of getting the lego home, especially if one wants to buy large sets.

As for your other questions I'll leave those to Ras :wink:

You don't have to pay extra for luggage if you only take hand luggage, right? Last time i went to Billund i had just hand luggage, and there was enough space left for quite some bricks. I's very easy to save space by filling pockets and wearing double layers of clothes :tongue:

Hi DNL!

Yes I/we will organize where to sleep and it will be in the village and in those places where you sleep 4 persons.

The Event will Start on Thursday the 22nd at lunch time. It will end around lunch time on the 25th, officialy.

Some might stay longer on the sunday. I think that CopMike and me for instance will stay to around 15-16 on the Sunday.

If you have any other questions, just ask them here. To notifye if you are coming, go here to sign up.

Thanks, that sounds good.

Could i possibly drive with you if you decide to take the car? I suppose you won't buy that many big sets that there is no more space left :tongue: Do you plan to take the ferry to denmark or drive through sweden?

I don't see why we can't have you with us in the car. As for sailing down or driving through Sweden is yet undecided, as it heavily depends on which ferry-line we would choose (timetable, prices etc.), vs. the flexibilty of driving all the way. As for prices, they seem to be pretty competitive to the airlines: DFDS offers a return-trip for 2625NOK for three people and one car, if we leave Oslo 20th and depart from Copenhagen 25th. Stena's most comparable costs 1980, but requires us to depart from Fredrikshavn on monday evening instead, but there's still the cheaper option of sailing to Gothenburg instead and driving the last bit. Color-Line is by far the cheapest, costing 1190 for all of us, including car (yes, that is for a return trip) - but then we'll have to deal with a somewhat uncomfortable timetable and departure from and return to Kristiansand. Driving all the way would possibly end up costing just as much - and from experience, I can tell you that I by far prefer sailing to driving the distance.

FYI; those dates are suggested in case there's any pre-event happenings taking place.